Masi'shen Evolution
Chapter 3: Matters of Religion

Copyright© 2016 by Graybyrd

“Just who is this Texas preacher? Where did he come from? What’s his religious affiliation and how many followers does he have? Is he the least bit credible? Does he have any credentials?”

The President’s Chief of Staff stormed back and forth across his office, his cell phone clutched tightly to the side of his head, his other hand waving wildly in the air to punctuate his questions. In the background a wall-mounted screen showed the Texas preacher standing tall on an outdoor stage before an audience of what appeared to be several thousand people.

After a few moments of muted conversation, he turned to the small gathering of staffers in his office.

“Completely unknown until a few weeks ago; then he exploded onto the scene with a televised tent meeting that seems to have gone viral. He’s the hottest thing in Texas! Thousands of people are driving hundreds of miles to attend his meetings. He’s scaring the hell out of them, preaching that our space visitors are a threat to Christianity and humanity. People are eating it up; he’s already outgrown the largest tents. My source says he’s looking to book the Astrodome for a series of crusade gatherings. All to be televised, of course.

“Apparently he’s gotten a lock on two Christian cable channels to carry his Astrodome appearances. Rivers of cash have begun flowing to this preacher, but we can’t get a handle on how much. He’s a registered religious entity so he isn’t required to report his donations. But my source had a chat with an insider; he’s got more than enough cash on hand to buy all the arena space and air time he wants.

“Jenny, get me an updated copy of our ‘religious friends’ list. Bill, I’d like you to follow up with my contact. I’ve jotted down his number. I’d like twice-a-day updates from him. Also, let’s see if we can learn how much money is flowing to this preacher? And crowd estimates, with a focus on how widespread this movement is becoming. Is it spreading outside of Texas, yet? Randy, I want you to get onto that Astrodome event and the television angle. Confirm that he’s got the bookings and what the dates are. If he’s got the ‘dome, will he fill the seats, and if so, how fast? We want to know just how hot this guy is. Is he a seven-day wonder or is this the start of a wildfire that could spread across the nation? The President needs to know, so let’s hop to it, people.”


The television cameras stood in a semi-circle around the ruggedly-handsome man in his late thirties, and the attractive late-middle-aged woman sitting beside him. They faced Chess Barker, a regionally popular television interviewer in the KSL-TV Intermountain West coverage area.

“We are here this evening with Rhys Jacobs and his mother, Martha Jacobs. As most of our viewers know by this time, the Jacobs are closely connected with alien rescuer Michael Hawthorne. We’re told by the Jacobs family that Michael is considered by them to be a brother, and a son.

“Mr. Jacobs, is it true that Michael Hawthorne not only volunteered, but he actually demanded to be taken aboard the alien space ship? That he left with them when the Masi’shen left our planet? He is gone, presumably to their home planet?”

“Yes, that is true. Michael had strong personal reasons for asking to join the Masi’shen on their ship. He and Dee’rah, the Masi’shen angel who appeared with her parents on the rescue ship off the coast of Siple Island, are close. Michael wished to accompany her when they left.”

“Does that imply a romantic interest between them? Between a human and an alien?” Chess asked.

“No, it does not imply that. But during the year that we worked to rescue the Masi’shen from Antarctica, Michael and Dee’rah and her family grew close in friendship. I’m sure that’s the reason for his decision to go with them. People should’t presume or jump to conclusions beyond that,” Rhys answered.

“My son nearly died on Siple Island,” Martha added. “It was Dee’rah and her people who first called for his rescue after our government covered up their aborted covert operation. They abandoned him there to die! Michael later told me it was Dee’rah’s ability to communicate with him that gave him reason and hope to live during those dark, desperate hours. Michael risked his life, he risked everything, to save her and her people. It is little wonder that he feels so attached to them, and they to him,” she said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close