Star Guardian - Cover

Star Guardian

Copyright© 2018 by Duncan7

Epilogue

Our shuttle returned to Ship after our brief vacation to Baglogi-4. We all dropped our gear back in our cabin and moved to the main bridge.

“Molly, what it is the status of the system?” asked Jem.

“No unwelcome visitors, updates to system defences are completed,” said Molly.

“We will be gone for some time. From time to time we will send back an unmanned probe to update you on our location. If you need help or encounter any Baglogi visiting the system, please send a probe to find us,” said Jem.

“Confirmed,” said Molly.

“Ship, please update our mission to pirates, peacekeeping and searching for more Baglogi. Commander please select a destination,” said Jem.

“Confirmed,” said Ship.

“Let’s go visit the trading post. I believe someone there is or was working with the pirates. They may work with other groups of pirates too,” I said.

“Agreed. Ship, please take us to the trading post,” said Jem.

“Confirmed. Estimate eighteen days of travel,” said Ship.

“Goodbye Molly,” I said. It was like I was saying goodbye to my mother. In real life I did not get that luxury. We broke out of orbit from Baglogi-4 and moved to the edge of the system. On the tactical display we could see a good number of unmanned vessels and probes protecting the Baglogi system. I had every reason to expect the system to be in good hands.

Once we reached the edge of the system, we engaged our hyperdrive engine and we were gone, into the blackness.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close