Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 20

Back onboard I did some more reading on Arkadia et al and Sam made some calls.

Sam called to set things up with Angela for the interview. She tells Angela to put the word out with the other newsies, that we will give a short progress report in front of the office building tomorrow morning, but not to mention that she’d be getting a more in-depth report. Sam tells her we will pick her up then and we may invite a few others.

She also tells me that there are 3 Byorn Ore Refineries available immediately if we go get them. They can be “towed” by an AC ship using its tractor beam but at greatly reduced speeds. They would still arrive in both systems within 2-3 weeks.

The Byorn said they will triple the numbers of automated mining bots plus include full lifetime warranties for all 3 Refineries if Arkadia will look at and stabilize a sun in one of their systems.

“Well it’s not like I would know if this is a great deal or not, but if it will help the Byorn and the Furst agree then let’s do it.”

“If you agree then the Furst agree Sire. You are our 1st and what you say goes.”

“Sam you know me better than that. I don’t know everything about Furst customs or laws, and I will not do anything that would go against those customs or laws if I possibly can. Whenever possible I will seek input from the Furst when something I want to do affects them.

There are no more Arkadians so I don’t need to think too much about their customs or laws. I have made the laws I feel are necessary for now, and Arkadian customs will come in time.”

“That is your choice DD. I just wanted to remind you that you are the ruler of the Furst as well as Arkadia and can make decisions for our race.

That said the Furst have all agreed to look at and stabilize the Byorn star if it is possible to do so. If you want I will have Ryker send the 3 ACs to tow the Ore Refineries and the Furst to check out the star.”

“I hear and understand what you’re saying, Sam. Yes, have Ryker take care of getting the Ore Refineries and ask the Furst to give us an update when they know more about the situation with the Byorn sun.”

“It has been done DD.”

“Thank Sam. Now let’s look at those “dream” plans again and then I will see you in the morning. You too girls!” I got some “sweet dreams” and giggles in response.

After looking at the plans I tell Sam we will need to have other farmers look at them and get their opinions.

I say goodnight again and head for the sleep trainer. I’m going to have to ask Sam if there is any way of incorporating the sleep trainer/training into my bed. It’s not like I’m enclosed in the sleep trainer when I’m taking a course. It would be nice to take a course and just continue sleeping instead of having to wake up and get into bed.

Wakeup time! I need a coffee, then the gym, shower, and breakfast!

I see Sam and some of the girls sitting around in various styles of dress, from see-through teddies to floor-length translucent lingerie gowns, to short, barely covering their ass robes. “You are all looking very nice this morning ladies! I really hope you girls keep wearing these outfits when you have your “realistic” bodies,” I say wiggling my eyebrows.

“You better believe we will Sire!” they say giggling.

“You are in a good mood this morning DD. Anything I should know?”

“I am in a good mood, Sam. Things seem to be working out and so much has happened in such a short period of time. Crazy!

When we go to the office today I want you to transport us to the area in front where we have the news conferences. I want to ensure we are seen transporting so it is well known we can transport. They know the Confederacy has transporters I’ll just tell them ours are more like Star Trek transporters than Confederacy transporters.”

I go into my bedroom and start getting changed into my “Guardian Prime” uniform and can hear Sam yell, “Good, it’s about time! The people on Earth won’t care how you transport DD. They’ll all probably want to try it.”

“Probably! And they’ll get the opportunity when they leave here and again when they arrive in Guardian City. Furst will transport groups up to the StarCruiser from Earth and down to their housing in Guardian City instead of trying to shuttle everyone through the Spaceport. Now that I’m dressed let’s get down there and get this show on the road.”

Security transports down first and lets us know it is clear to transport down too. Sam checks me over and transports us down. The reporters are shocked when we first appear in front of them but are quickly shouting questions. I just look at them until they quiet down.

“Good morning everyone and thanks for coming. I wanted to let you know that things in space are progressing very well. We have an Ore Refinery and Orbital Factory Replicator built and in place out by the asteroid belt and we have also just purchased property here which will be used as the Arkadian Orphanage for 14-18-year-olds here on Earth.”

The shouting starts immediately as soon as I stop to take a breath and I just shake my head.

“I see you have forgotten how to act and conduct yourselves properly. I doubt any of you would act properly onboard the J&J so I may have to rethink my asking any of you if you want to go for a ride.”

I see a lady who has always waited to ask a question and she has her hand up now so I point to her and ask if she has a question.

“DeDeus, there are a few of us here that have been at your press conferences before and conduct ourselves accordingly. Please don’t hold the actions of these others against us too. I for one would love to go take a trip with you and I would follow whatever rules you have.”

“You are right. There are a few faces I recognize from previous times and none of you were shouting out questions. The only rule I have is that anyone coming can’t try and wander off. You all have to stay with the group.”

I point to the lady, Angela, and 2 male reporters, and say, “do the 4 of you agree to follow this rule?”

All are very excited and say they will. “Then the 4 of you need to come up here beside Sam and I, and we will transport up to the ship.”

Angela asks, “Transport? How will you do that? I don’t see a transport pad and didn’t see one when you came down. How are we going to transport up to your ship?”

“Arkadian transporters work more like the transporters in Star Trek and don’t require a transporter pad like the Confederacy transporters do.”

Of course my buddy Jimmy can’t let us get away without shouting that I have to take him as he’s the most famous reporter there, and he has a right to go. I look at him and put my hand on my ND MK4 causing him to squeak, piss himself and faint.

I hold my arms out to my sides and grin while saying, “Hey I didn’t zap him this time.”

“Sam, make sure that gets posted asap,” hahaha.

We transport up to a Launch/Landing Bay on the J&J and just watch the 4 reporters as their mouths hang open and their heads swivel trying to take in everything. Of course, we have a few FACS and shuttles out for them to see.

“This is a Launch/Landing Bay for all the craft we fly. You can see some Fast Attack Craft or FACs as we call them and some of our shuttles. The FACs are what you saw in the video of our encounter with the Swarm”

We explain to them that since the J&J is so large we’ll be using transporters and elevators to get around. I don’t think the sheer size of the J&J has sunk in as they haven’t seen it from the outside except for some photos.

We show them the usual places and then head to the CIC. Sam warns the CIC crew that we’re going to be there soon and after the usual “Guardian Prime is aboard”, we head back to the Launch Bay to get aboard my shuttle.

Once aboard we move to the Observation Lounge I tell the Commander to take us to the asteroid belt Best Safe Speed please, with a slow approach for our viewing pleasure.”

“Yes Sire, the asteroid belt, Best Safe Speed, slow approach.”

“If you’ll look out the front you’ll see us coming up on our 2 Orbital Factory Replicators and our Ore Refinery. We will be using the replicators to produce the products for future trade and the refinery for refining minerals from asteroids.”

The reporters are talking a mile a minute into their recorders as we approach the asteroid belt describing everything they see. I have to say that the Commander gave them a nice slow, scenic pass around both replicators and the refinery.

They ask how much we can make in the replicators each day, how much can the refinery process daily, what it is looking for in the asteroids, etc.

I tell them that the information regarding capacities is Classified and I can’t tell them, I can tell them that the refinery hasn’t found anything exciting yet, but you never know. I wasn’t going to tell them what we were looking for at the moment hehehe.

“Ladies and gentlemen next up is that big chunk of garbage floating in the Pacific. I call it the “garbage island.” We currently have 2 recycling ships there recycling everything for use in our replicators you just saw.

Commander to take us to “garbage island” Best Safe Speed please, with a slow approach”

“Yes Sire, garbage island Best Safe Speed, slow approach.”

They can see the immense mass as we approach and you can hear several “eeews” and “oh my Gods”. They are very descriptive in the telling of what they see hahaha

“Commander, it’s time to head back to the J&J. Best Safe Speed to the J&J with the slow approach again, please. Give them a good look at the J&J”

“Yes Sire, return to the J&J, Best Safe Speed, slow approach.”

I explained to the reporters that they would get a good look at my flagship the John and Janine Sanderson, or as we called her the “J&J”. Then we would have a bite to eat if they wanted before transporting back to Earth and showing them the properties for our Orphanage.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close