Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 29

What a beautiful morning! I slip out of bed and go for my coffee, then training, then coffee again and breakfast, only to find a surly-looking Sam at the table when I go to sit down with my breakfast.

Sam glares at me saying, “you just had to tell them Dalilah was a Princess, didn’t you? You know my phone has been ringing off the hook since last night!”

“Well shit, I wanted to stir the pot a little but I’m sorry they were bugging you,” I said with as contrite a look on my face as I could.

I heard someone snort and Sam’s façade broke as she started laughing and was quickly joined by Dalilah, 2-2, 2-3, and the rest of the Security teams.

“Ok, ok, what did I do or say that you all find so funny?”

Sam could barely speak she was laughing so hard but she did her best saying, “many of the “power people” in many countries, politicians, Royals, the uber-rich, etc, have been calling wanting to meet “the Princess”. Many who have never called a single time wanting to meet Guardian Prime, the Ruler of a new world! Hahaha.”

“Well damn, ain’t that enough to keep a person’s head from swelling,” I say in my saddest voice before I too started laughing. I look sideways at Sam saying, “Please tell me you didn’t set up any more appointments or meetings during our trip.”

Sam managed to settle down a little and say, “I told them, sorry but the Princess would not be available for any meetings while we were on our trip. We thought it was super funny that they got so excited over a Princess but not so much over the Ruler of a new planet, 3 solar systems, and an alien race!”

“And I’m only the 3rd Princess!” Hahaha

“Well you know what they say, some people are too stupid for their own good,” I say with my nose in the air and in my best aristocratic voice.

They all just started howling again.

“Ok, ok, what time do we need to be in Russia and what time do we need to leave to get there?”

“We moved into orbit over the Asian continent last night and still have a few hours before we need to take the shuttle down and meet the Russian President at the airport. So let’s go back to bed and we’ll make up for all of us teasing you like we did,” Sam says with a grin.

Dalilah starts running for the bed while saying, “last one there gets the outside!”

“Silly girl,” says 2-3 as she, 2-2, and Sam disappear.

Yeah, yeah they can transport directly to the bed and beat Dalilah and me there but I’ll walk because it’s not like I care if I’m on the outside or inside of 4 beautiful, naked girls, I think to myself with a big grin on my face!

We spent a grand total of 15 days on our tour through Russia, China, India, and the UK. Nothing major happened, it was more of a “see and be seen” thing, rather than State meetings. We did a few fancy “meet and greets” with the “high and mighty” of each country, complete with speeches about Arkadia’s Sovereignty and the hopes for a long and fruitful friendship. All the right words were said by them and by me. Normal politician bla bla bla.

We did accept 2 more invitations to visit for the end of the trip. On our first day in Russia, Sam received a call from the Prime Minister of Canada’s office and I received one from the headman in the White House himself. We both figured it wouldn’t hurt us to go visit them and so we graciously accepted their invites.

I had no problem going to visit the US President as our families have known each other for many years and E was the negotiator for the Trade agreement. A formal meeting never came up during negotiations from either of us so I never thought about it.

I did tell the man that there were specific politicians I would not meet and he said he just wouldn’t invite any then! I told him that was even better for me!

He said we’d do lunch in the Rose Garden just him and his family and me and mine. He said the press would be there but they’d be far enough away they shouldn’t bother us too much. I told him that sounded fantastic to me!

I did agree to do a quick Q&A with him after the lunch telling him that if we didn’t have the women with us it’d probably be a pretty short Q&A!

The Canadian Prime Minister is an arrogant asshole and I didn’t care if I ever met him again or not, but I didn’t think it would be a good move to turn down the invitation as technically, I had lived in the country and my company was HQ’d there for a time.

He did get smarmy with Dalilah until Sam put him in his place when she asked him, while in front of a large group of people and reporters, why he hadn’t taken the Enhanced CAP test and to not let his only having a 4.8 on his Confederacy CAP stop him from taking it. She told him that even I had taken it but that my score had only improved by .7 points, from a 9.2 to a 9.9.

A short while after that we said our goodbyes to those that were there, the PM was not, having run off after Sam’s question to him, and Sam transported us up to the J&J with everyone watching.

Another morning and no more parties or meetings! Now we just got to get caught up in regards to what has happened since we left. Of course AFTER my morning training ... and coffee ... and breakfast!

Ryker contacts us and says that the remaining PGs have been completed so we now have a total of 7 completed. He’d like to know if there was anything else in particular I’d like produced?

I tell him that the 5th PG would still be coming to Earth before we left for Arkadia, and to have the other 2 join the ones patrolling the other Guardian systems. I didn’t have anything in mind at the moment that I’d like made, but I’d let him know if I did and asked him to let me know if he or any other Furst thought of anything to build that was needed or that may be interesting.

Hmmm, this might be a good question to put on the website and see what possible products the new citizens would like to see available. I mention this to Sam and she says she will pass it on to the web Furst. I also ask her if there are photos of Arkadian products or products from other races that might be interesting to our new citizens. She said she’d get together with the girls and look for interesting items. I tell her she might want to get with Marsha, Sara, and the people at the Orphanage if she wanted a human perspective. She thought that was a good idea.

I ask Ryker if he has received a report from the 4th PG yet and he says that the 4th PG reported just a short time ago. He tells me the report states that while the Confederacy is slowing the advance of the Swarm, they lack the numbers of ships right now that would be needed to stop the advance. Apparently, when the Confederacy battles the Swarm and win, more Swarm ships show up time and time again, eventually overwhelming the Confederacy forces, with the end result being the Confederacy has to withdraw from the system.

“So I guess there’s no chance of them preventing the Swarm from reaching Earth then?”

“I would think not Sire, though they should delay their arrival by a few years or more than originally thought.”

The Commanders report that not much has been happening in Earth’s solar system. There have been some Confederacy transport ships coming and going but no military ships.

They report that the Communications/Surveillance Satellite has been completed, tested, and is fully functional. It has been positioned and anchored near the OFR and Ore Refineries.

I thank them for their report and turn to Sam asking, “I read in all that information you sent me oh so long ago about Security Sentinels and how they used to be placed around a solar system to provide an early warning of any intrusions into the system. I know that the first versions of the Communications/Surveillance Satellites replaced them, but I don’t want to put Communications/Surveillance Satellites anywhere outside of where we maintain a presence. Can we build and put those Security Sentinels I read about in the 2 systems adjacent to Earth’s system, that are directly in the projected path of the Swarm? They could give us, the Confederacy, and even Earth a warning if we wanted them to couldn’t they? The Confederacy should know when the Swarm gets that close but...”

“Ooh, good idea. Yes, we could make and place Security Sentinels, and it wouldn’t take long as it sounds like you only want to cover the projected path of the Swarm, and not the entire systems correct?”

“Yes, that is correct. One question about them, I read that they have cloaking capabilities but I didn’t read anything about weapons or any other means of self-protection. Are there any weapons systems they use?”

“No, there were no weapons that they used. They were totally passive and so were never detected. Ever. That I know of anyways.”

“Ok great, let’s get the 2 adjacent systems covered by the Security Sentinels asap then.”

“The OFR will start building them right away DD.”

Marsha had been going great guns while we were gone and has almost everything completed. All the purchases have been agreed to so now it’s just waiting for the lawyers to get the completed paperwork properly registered and transferred, then the money switches hands.

Sara has both apartment buildings full and more orphans worldwide wanting to go. The Furst have approved everyone in the building, or they wouldn’t be there, and another 17,233 worldwide, bringing the total to just over 19,500 orphans approved for migration. Sara has been told who, of the worldwide orphans, has been approved and has in turn told the orphans themselves, though stressing that she doesn’t know WHEN they’d be leaving.

Sara also tells us that Gran has over 2000 Seniors interested in being “grandparents” to the kids. Gran says she wants to run the Orphanage after Sara leaves and would like to know when she can get the Medical done. She’ll also go to Arkadia when we decide to close up shop here on Earth.

Sam informs me that she watched over Dalilah as she returned some calls about our possible recycling projects and she’d let Dalilah explain. Dalilah tells us that Canada, the US, and many other countries have expressed interest in our recycling their landfills if we would just take the crap away. We wouldn’t pay them for it and they wouldn’t pay us. She told them she’d talk to me about it and get back to them. She told me we should do it and any recycled matter that we didn’t need or use could be sold to other races or stored for future use. I told her she should call them and let them know we were ok with taking it without any payment changing hands.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close