Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 35

“Good morning Chef, good morning Cookie! I hope you both are feeling as good as I am this morning!”

I hear 2 good mornings Sire’s then Chef asks if I need a DD coffee this morning.

“Yes, I most certainly do Chef, thanks for asking. I want to thank you both for all the finger foods and drinks you supplied for us yesterday. They tasted great and we appreciate you taking the time to do that for us.

Aaah, that’s a great coffee! Thanks for the coffee guys. This morning I think I’ll have scrambled cheesy eggs, use 3 eggs and a mix of different cheeses please, 2 hash brown patties and 3 all-beef sausages.”

“We are glad you liked the food Sire. We scoured your internet for ideas on what to prepare and are pleased you liked our choices,” Chef replied.

“Your breakfast will be done in 2 minutes 55 seconds Sire,” was heard from Cookie.

1-1 stopped by to say that my training would start again tomorrow morning and she was interested to see if I had lost any “edge” after the days off. I told her I would be there.

Sam came in and kisses me good morning, saying that the skies were quiet but the planet was not. Many were awed seeing the photos and videos of the 5th PG in space that the Web Furst had put on our website, though my favorite news agency wondered whether we were going to invade them. Man oh man, I have no idea how they keep their license!

Dalilah, 2-2, and 2-3 then showed up with 2-2 and 2-3 coming for a kiss before disappearing and Dalilah taking their place.

I asked if anyone knew of any projects that needed help getting completed and they did not. Dalilah said the scheduling for her recycling project would be finished today and that the Furst running the recyclers would then take over.

Sam said she had Furst watching over the OFR, the Ore refineries, and the Communications/Surveillance Satellite and all 3 would contact her if they needed to.

Sam also said she’d be contacting Marsha, Sara, Gran, and L&L at a DECENT hour this morning and seeing how things were on their ends. Did I ever mention I tend to wake up early? Hahaha.

Ryker called asking how many of the hogs I wanted to keep for the new Arkadian butchers and should he have the rest butchered right away? Shit! I had completely forgotten about the hogs being on BC1! They were transferred to stasis holds on the Space Station and I had no clue!

I started laughing and apologized telling Ryker I wasn’t laughing at anything he said, that I was laughing because I forgot all about the porkers! I told him to do 1000 of them for now and we would see how things went after we arrived. Being in stasis they weren’t going anywhere and wouldn’t go bad.

L&L were up early and called Sam. They were double-checking that we were able to take live animals again now that we were back. Sam said that we were and asked why. They informed her that a rancher in Florida had called saying he heard we would buy livestock and were we interested in buying his? He had sold his ranch to a land developer but not the livestock. L&L found out that the livestock consists of Black Angus cattle, Holstein Dairy cows, Merino and Katahdin sheep, Morgan horses, and Quarter horses.

Sam told them to take them all and have their Furst liaison transport them to BC 1 whenever they were ready to.

L&L apologized to Sam saying they FORGOT they had a Furst liaison! Sam told them not to worry as forgetting seemed to be going around, and then had to explain that I forgot about the hogs being on BC 1 when we were at Arkadia!

Sam contacted Sara, Gran, and Marsha, and both Sara and Gran said that they and the people in their groups were ready to go. Marsha said the last of the items from the Trade Agreement were being picked up this morning so she would know soon if it was completed. Sam told Marsha to let her know as soon as she found out because if it was finalized, everyone would meet as soon as possible afterwards and decide on a departure day. That made Marsha a little giddy!

I was pacing around wondering and worrying if I was missing something or someone and Sam noticed and quipped “DD, with all that energy maybe you need to go get laid.”

I gave her my best evil grin, grabbed her, and threw over my shoulder saying, “maybe I do, maybe I do,” as I playfully spanked her ass while she squealed. She didn’t pull a disappearing act as I carried her to our suite so I figured she was up for a good romp too! And yes she was!

Marsha called Sam while we were in the shower having one more go, telling Sam the Trade Agreement was a done deal. Sam says that is great and everyone could meet in 30 minutes, just as I came in her, causing her to giggle and say “make that 20 minutes”.

After drying off Sam contacts one of my Security teams and asks them to go and transport Dean, Marsha, Karen, Sara, and Gran to the Observation Lounge as soon as they were ready. They were to tell them it was about Departure Day if asked.

Of course Sam and I were the last to arrive for the meeting, and seeing Sam’s wet hair Sara had to ask if we had been naughty. Sam replied that we indeed had been naughty, even during Marsha’s phone call. The ladies all started giggling when Marsha stated, “eeew too much information!”

“Ok everyone, from what I know everyone has finished their projects or tasks, and they and those that they are responsible for are ready to go to Arkadia. Is this true for everyone or does someone still have things they need to get done?”

Everyone looked at everyone else but no one said they still had things to do.

“Ok then, we are ready to go to Arkadia! Is everyone still good with the plan we came up with for getting our people up to the StarCruiser?” No one said anything to the contrary. “Then I propose we have Sam tell the Furst to contact their assigned people immediately and tell them to be ready to go at any time within the next 5 days.

It is now 11:40 am Wednesday. I say we plan to start transporting people to the StarCruiser this coming Friday at 7 am. If it takes the 4 hours max that we think it might, we will have everyone on board around 11 am Friday, and can depart any time afterwards. That would be around midnight Thursday on Arkadia.

A 10 hour trip on the StarCruiser would have it arriving at Arkadia around 10 am Friday Arkadia time. It is my hope that arriving Friday morning will give the people enough time over the weekend to recover from any “jetlag”, get acclimated to Guardian City, and commence their new lives.

However, they can open their business or start work when they want to, or when their boss tells them to, though those working for me know they need to start no later than 1 week after their arrival. Androids will do the work until then and if they don’t show they know they can look for work elsewhere. When I say working for me I’m referring to Guardian businesses like Guardian Foods supermarkets, ranches, farms, butcher shops, etc.

Now! Does anyone have anything to add? Nothing? Ok, hang tight a second. Sam, contact the Furst and give them the news, also let the Commander of the StarCruiser know when to expect guests.”

“They are on their way Sire and will let me know when everyone has been contacted. The Commander tells me they are ready!”

“Thanks, Sam. I’d like for those of us that are here to greet people in specific areas as they arrive onboard the StarCruiser. I want to do this so people you know will see familiar faces and people you don’t know will see some normalcy in an otherwise abnormal morning.

For example, Sara and Gran I’d like for you 2 to greet your charges when they arrive, and to greet others that will be arriving in the same section.

Dean and Karen, I’d like for you 2 to greet our Arkadia R&D employees and others that arrive in that section.

2-2 and 2-3 I’d like for you 2 to transport around to different areas and greet people as they arrive.

Marsha, I’d like for you to be in your role as Mayor of Guardian City, to partner with Dalilah, and do the same, while Sam will be with me in case I need to be somewhere immediately.

There will be 2 Furst from my Security teams with each set of us, and other Security will be dispersed throughout the StarCruiser.

Any questions?” I could see their heads nodding as I was speaking so I thought they understood what I was saying.

“None? Ok, things are rolling! Another thing I was thinking of is live streaming our departure from onboard the StarCruiser. Show the people arriving, getting into their seats, etc. Any thoughts?”

“If you live stream it, show any problems that occur as well, and odds are there will be problems. Don’t censor it. As a matter of fact, since the whole ship is covered by video, if a problem occurs it should become the primary stream so there can be no doubt as to what happened. Your favorite news agency is famous for showing parts of a video to make someone look bad or to misrepresent what actually happened.”

“I agree 100% with what Dean just said,” Karen added.

‘Yeah, that’s just because you want some tonight!” Marsha piped in getting everyone to roar in laughter!

With that our little meeting broke up and everyone went to get their last-minute preparations done. I contact L&L and tell them our departure date so if they had anything they wanted sent to Arkadia, to have their liaison get it onboard BC 1 before then.

Then it was Ryker I called letting him know our planned arrival time and asked him to have EVERYTHING given one more going over before we got there and to activate the Guardian Security/Police. He assured me he would.

“Guardian Commander, this is Guardian Prime.”

“Guardian Prime this is Guardian Commander of the 5th. How may I help you, Sire?”

“Guardian Commander, we will be leaving for Arkadia in approximately 2 days. Do you have an estimation as to when the familiarization trip will be completed?”

“Yes Sire, the 5th will be back in Earth’s system in just under 10 hours from now. I was going to contact you before returning to see if there was anything else you had for us, and where you wanted us upon arriving in system.”

“That is great news Guardian Commander. When you arrive have 2 BC’s cloak and stay near the OFR and refineries, they can take over for my 2 that are there right now. They are to remain cloaked and will be staying here when we leave. They will be rotated out every month. Position the rest of the 5th near our departure point.”

“Very well Sire, I have passed that on to all ship Commanders.”

“And Guardian Commander before I forget, the Rules of Engagement (RoE) for every Arkadian ship will be that when fired upon they will return deadly fire. Meaning they will return fire with as much force as necessary to destroy whatever or whoever fired upon them. They will also consider any attack on Earth an attack against themselves.

Part 2 of the RoE is for when Swarm are encountered. Any time Swarm are encountered they are to be IMMEDIATELY AND COMPLETELY terminated with all force necessary. I am not talking about until they are no longer considered a threat, I MEAN until every last Swarm that is there is dead. They do not surrender Guardian Commander and they do not accept surrender from others.

This RoE will be passed onto every Guardian Officer and it will be the duty of the highest-ranking Officer to ensure his replacement knows the RoE.

Do you have any problems with any of this or anything to add Guardian Commander? And before you answer let me tell you that I always want your honest opinion when I ask for it.”

“I understand Sire, and Ryker has told every Furst that as well. I have no problems with anything you said, Sire.”

“Ok excellent. Then we will see you when you get back.”

I now had to call Ryker back and tell him about the RoE’s for all Guardian ships, and if he would inform all Guardian personnel. And last but not least I contacted my Commanders and brought them up to speed on everything ... including the RoE. Fuck I can’t believe I never thought of an RoE until now!

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close