Cutting a Swath
Cast

Copyright© 2021 by C.Brink

(In the year 2912)

John Abrams: Main character. Survivor. Formerly sheltered in Tennessee. Recorded age 944, Subjective age 54, Biological age 26

Agent: Artificial Intelligence (occasionally limited). A former augment of Picket’s. Feminine voice. Exists as multiple presences occupying physical processors in various bases and devices around the planet and in space. Capabilities change depending upon how many presences are linked.

‘Master’ A.I.: See above. Unique A.I. presence formerly residing on the asteroid 3074 Popov. Contains programs, codes, directives, and hardware allowing it final authority over all other A.I. presences in the system.

Naomi: Artificial Intelligence (emancipated and enhanced) Independent presence created by Agent to assist John. Bound to John.

Ohmu: Humanoid Mobile Unit. A small humanoid shaped mobile unit created by Agent and Naomi to assist John. Appearance is obsidian black chrome in color with a flexible skin of tiny interlocking hexagonal scales. Lacks defined facial features but does possess changing illuminated eye and mouth indications. A linked presence of Naomi, although capable of some independent actions.

Other humans: Eight other humans remaining alive in bio-suspension who originate from the time of the world’s destruction.

Tribal humans: Total number unknown. Descendants of Ana living in the western Amazon basin. Population currently limited and under the control of the Master A.I. who experiments with their genetics.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close