Another Welcomed Guest
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Aphrodite - Daughter of Zeus, Goddess of love, beauty and sexuality
Artemis - Daughter of Zeus, Goddess of the hunt, the moon, and chastity
Athena - Daughter of Zeus, goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill.
Zeus - King of the Greek gods
Ares - Son of Zeus and Hera, god of war


Ephus - the Godling man with an unusual power.
Dr. Quinn - human wife of Ephus

Egyptian Goddesses and wives to Ephus


Bast - Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love
Sekhmet - Goddess of fire, war, and dance
Hathor - Goddess of the sky, dance, love, beauty, joy, motherhood, foreign lands, mining, music and fertility.
Serket - Goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites
Maat - Goddess of Truth and Justice
Tefnut - Goddess of Rain, Air, Moisture, Weather, Dew, Fertility, and Water


Ephus slowly rolled away from Aphrodite, this time really looking around as he arose to his feet. Shivering a bit, he thought of clothes for him and Aphrodite both, which appeared a moment later.

Well he thought, that did little to cut the chill in the air. Getting Aphrodite more comfortable he was surprised a moment later when he felt the ground shake. Something was coming their way in a hurry, though he couldn’t quite make out what it was.

With a sigh he felt the power within him start to grow higher. For all intents and purposes, knowing the Greek Gods this was an attack. Then again, as weak as everything here felt, he wasn’t sure what to expect.

A minute later a fiery redhead wearing light armor, approached on what appeared to be a chariot. It was drawn by four midnight black, highly spirited horses, whose eyes glowed red slightly. Skidding to a stop in front of Ephus, she looked at him with utter contempt, sneering.

“I know not who you are human, not that it much matters, you will be dead in moments.” Looking behind him, she saw the prone body of Aphrodite; the redhead’s face took on a more heated, angry look as she notched up her bow. “I know not what you have done to my sister, though you will suffer as long as possible!”

Releasing the shaft, the smile on her face quickly faded as the arrow stopped in front of Ephus. Her face showed even more shock when it dropped harmlessly to the ground. Quickly she grabbed three more shafts, releasing them in rapid succession. Her face even more in shock when all three stopped, also dropping harmlessly to the ground.

Ephus growled a moment trying to hold his anger in check. Then he lost it a moment, as he pushed his open hand toward the redhead, knocking her with a grunt from the chariot. Growling herself, she sprang back up advancing upon Ephus. This time she was armed with a short sword and a twisted, wicked looking knife.

Ephus held up his hand, momentarily stopping her. “I suggest you stop before you get hurt, I-”

“WHAT!? You a mere human, hurt the goddess of the hunt!? I think you are greatly delusional.” Walking around Ephus, never taking her eyes off him, she knelt to check Aphrodite. Her eyes flew wide when she felt how much more power Aphrodite had. Coming to her feet, the redhead started toward Ephus again menacingly, issuing a slight growl.

“Artemis!” A rather loud female voice came from somewhere behind the redhead. This caused the redhead to freeze in place, though she was throwing dagger like looks at Ephus. “Really sister, you are so prone to anger. Had you looked first, you would see that this human as you call him, is actually a Godling.”

Another slender, black headed woman appeared next to a now shocked, very wide eyed Artemis. The new addition looked Ephus up and down then a thin smile graced her face.

“A very young Godling I see. I can also feel something in you that I have never felt before.” Looking over to Aphrodite she nodded her head. “May I?”

Ephus took a step back sweeping his arm from the new woman to Aphrodite. Nodding the woman went to Aphrodite, kneeling her eyes also grew large. “By father’s bolts! She is almost twice as strong as she was before.” Again she turned toward Ephus, “it was you wasn’t it?” This time the black haired woman knelt before Ephus as tears started to fall from her eyes. “Thank all the realms that she was able to find you.”

Artemis could only look from the black haired woman to Ephus and back, great confusion on her face.

“Sister? Why do you bow to a mere human? Godling or not we should-” Artemis started then was cut off by the other.

“We shouldn’t do anything! Haven’t you realized who this is? Have you forgotten the mission that Aphrodite undertook? She at almost half her former power should have been the first clue.” The black haired woman stated.

Artemis’s eyes grew wide as she stared hard at Ephus. Slowly, ever so slowly, she sank to her knees. “Ephus.” They heard her whisper.

Ephus was about to speak when there was a slight groan behind him. The black haired woman smiled down at Aphrodite.

“So sister, it appears that your mission was a rousing success.” The dark headed woman stated to Aphrodite.

“Athena!” With that Aphrodite sat up hugging Athena fiercely. “It was to a point, I have already bonded to him. Though with just me, I am afraid it hasn’t helped much. More will have to bond with him if we are to save Olympus realm.”

Here Aphrodite looked over to Artemis who scoffed, then Athena who had a wide smile starting to spread on her face.

Ephus stood back; he had learned years ago not to get between sisters. He wasn’t about to break that bit of hard learned information now.

“If you mean mating with a filthy, dirty, disgusting human I will take a pass!” Artemis spat out like a bad piece of meat.

“Sister, when I bonded with him it was unlike anything I have ever experienced!” Aphrodite then started to whisper in Athena’s ear. Athena’s face started to light up as a slight look of lust came to her face. Both whispered to each other a few moments more then turned.

“I have to take Aphrodite to father. Please follow us as soon as you can.” Then both of the sisters arose walking to Artemis. Both spoke to Artemis who nodded, both vanished as Artemis then walked to Ephus.

“You are required to stand before father, you will go now or-” Artemis started.

“Or what? In case you haven’t noticed I am stronger than you.” Ephus said with a sigh, this was starting to piss him off. “I’ll go when I AM ready.”

Roaring out Artemis drew her short sword rushing toward Ephus. Easily stepping aside, Ephus grabbed her arm as she passed him. Twisting he heard her arm give a pop as the sword dropped to the ground, as did she. Issuing a short yelp, Artemis could only stare at first Ephus, her sword, then her arm that was twisted at an odd angle. To make matters worse, she couldn’t heal it.

Kneeling before Artemis Ephus waited for her to say something. Finally, he offered her his hand to help her up, it was quickly slapped away. That contact knocking her flat on the ground again.

Standing, Ephus shook his head, these Gods and Goddesses were going to be a handful. “Ok, have it your way. I’m sure you can crawl back, given the time. I have heard of all that goes on here, I can power you up. I can also block that which I give.” Artemis’s eyes went wide at this. “I can also heal you, though you? I might let perish after the way you have treated me. You have it in your mind I am after everything here, nothing could be further from the truth.” Ephus shook his head, “Goodbye.

With that Ephus turned to go, swallowing hard he just hoped that this worked. He’d not gone more than ten feet when he heard a small whimper. Walking on he finally heard, “Wait!”

Whirling, a scowl on his face, he stated, “Why? You obviously wish to perish. You have shown that you want nothing to do with me, therefore why should I help those who do not wish it?”

For the first time Ephus saw Artemis shrink back in real fear. “Hum ... Ephus. It has been a very long time since I trusted anyone. It is a far more difficult thing for me to do. I...”

“First you need to realize, I am no longer human. Next, you need to ask from now on, well?” Ephus stated as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“Ask? Ask!? I am a goddess I do not ask I...” She stated then her mouth dropped open as Ephus grunted then turned to walk away from her again.

“Yeah,” Ephus said interrupting her slightly turning back. “Now you’re going to have to beg. As a matter of fact all of you are going to have to. I am through placating any of you. Though you, enjoy crawling back.” Turning Ephus started to walk away again.

Ephus heard what sounded like a slight gag, then what sounded like another whimper. “Please Ephus, I... , I need your help.”

Turning Ephus could see that Artemis had managed to sit up. Narrowing his eyes at her, he stared at her a few moments. Again, all the petty squabbles he’d heard of between them came to mind.

“I will help, IF you give me an oath. I know that no God will ever break it, your sister Aphrodite already knows what I can do. Well?” Ephus said looking down at her. “An oath of no harm to me or others. Perhaps this will help.”

Here Ephus touched Artemis’s arm for a few moments. At first Artemis didn’t react, though as pain started to meander through her arm, she grew pale. “Please Ephus, what is this?” Then Artemis screamed for the first time. Nodding Ephus touched her arm watching as relief started to come to her face. “I give my oath, Ephus.” Artemis almost whispered her head down.

“That was pain, not much fun when your powers are blocked.” Ephus told her. Shaking her head Artemis’s eyes rolled into her head as she fell into Ephus’s arms unconscious. Shit he thought, not again. Standing with her he healed her arm feeling it slip back into place.

Reaching out, he felt for Athena and Aphrodite. Damn, it appeared that they were a great distance off. Just how large was this place? Concentrating on Aphrodite, he appeared before a gigantic building, it had to be at least four stories high. It reminded him of the temples he’d seen in Greece. This one though could house most of them three or four times. The columns at the front of it were larger around than Ephus could put his arms around three times!

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close