El Paso
Chapter 25

Copyright© 2022 by Joe J

I can say without qualification, that my life changed again there under that big live oak on the banks of the Rio Grande that Fourth of July. It changed because like a flash of heat lightning on a summer night, it came to me that Margaret (Belle) Wilson seemed absolutely committed to my well being and future success. How this came to pass and why it happened so suddenly, I haven’t the slightest clue. I knew right then that this was another case of fate slapping me upside the head to get my attention.

After the fireworks display, the three of us strolled around the park as the revelers wound down. I tried to think of a time I had been more contented than right then, but nothing came to mind. The women held my arms lightly, and we acted the part of proper young people at a public gathering. Seething just beneath the surface though, was a sexual tension that the three of us strongly felt. Belle was the first to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

“Do you two feel the energy the three of us generate?”

Maria and I both nodded.

“I thought so. Can you imagine how strong it will be when we are all in bed together, loving each other like crazy?”

Maria’s eyes were dreamy as she nodded emphatically.

“My only regret is having to wait until my birthday,” Maria said with a tinge of sadness.

Belle brought us to a screeching halt and looked at me inquisitively.

“She is only sixteen, Belle. I asked if we could wait until her seventeenth birthday to consummate our relationship. That’s only a month or so from now anyway.”

When I finished talking, Belle was looking at me as if I were some sort of dolt.

“She’s been of legal age to marry for almost two years, Tyler, and she is probably more mature than you in a lot of ways. Just how much wiser do you think she’ll get in another few weeks?”

I was at a loss for words at her question, and stammered out some lame platitude about being an honorable man. Belle, who seemed to have the knack of rummaging around in my head with me, quickly resolved the issue.

“I understand what you are saying, Baby, but you are wrong to feel that way. If anything, you making love to her would erase the bad memories she has about that horse’s ass George Howard. We know you love her, so it’s past time to show her how you feel.”

As I looked from Belle to Maria, I couldn’t help but think that I was getting a fore-taste of my life with Belle in it, or more correctly, my life with Belle running it. The thought of Belle taking over my personal life gave me pause, but let’s face the facts; my track record with women and relationships was abysmal. How could Belle do worse by me than I did for myself? I sighed theatrically.

“Yes, Dear,” was all I said.

Both women giggled at that and Belle squeezed my hand.

“See, Maria, he is not so dumb after all.”

We walked back to the El Paso Hotel’s tent and dropped Maria off to help her family pack up for home. Belle stayed to help also, so I just walked around making my presence known as Sheriff Faulkner wanted. The food and booze stopped after the fireworks, so the crowd had already started dispersing. It had been a very peaceful night by El Paso standards.

I walked over to where Hector was putting the last of his cooking equipment onto his wagons, and bade him and Maria goodnight. The other women had departed as soon as the fireworks ended, because they had to be up early to open the restaurant. Hector and Maria still had to lug the equipment back to the hotel kitchen and put it away, but they could sleep in the next morning.

I walked Belle back to her room before heading back to Molly’s. I was really looking forward to talking to Molly in the morning to see how her day and evening went. She and Clem had been together every time I caught sight of them, and they seemed to have been getting along just peachily.

As we walked along, Belle asked me if I minded her bringing a few items over to my room so she could spend a night or two with me. I told her I thought that was a splendid idea. I was amazed that for all the flirting and being naked together, Belle and I had yet to make love. It was weird as hell that Belle and I were already so connected and we didn’t even know if we were sexually compatible. I asked Belle about that while we were walking. Belle hugged my arm tighter against her surprisingly full breast.

“I don’t think that is going to be a problem at all, Baby, because I lust for you all the time. It has taken all my will power to delay us this long. I know you want me, too. I can see it in your eyes,” she looked down and giggled, “and in your pants.”

We shared a sweet kiss at the rooming house in which Belle lived, then I walked briskly back to Molly’s. As I approached her front door, I saw Molly and Clem sitting on the porch swing together, talking. I started to take the long way around to keep from disturbing them, but my devilish streak prevented that from happening. Instead, I walked up onto the porch. My arrival startled them and they scooted apart as far as the swing would allow.

“Well now,” I tried to sound stern, “and just what do you two think you’re doing? And Mister Twining, what are your intentions toward my sister?”

Clem looked startled, but Molly put her hand up to her mouth to cover her smile and to keep from laughing.

“Your sister!?” Clem sputtered.

Molly reached over and took Clem’s hand.

“Mind your manners, Tyler. I am old enough to enjoy a beautiful evening with whomever I wish.”

Molly didn’t try to set Clem straight about me not being her brother, I think the idea actually appealed to her. I guess what with Anna adopting me as her son and now me volunteering to be Molly’s brother, I was accumulating a family. I winked at Molly when Clem wasn’t looking and sauntered inside. It had been one hell of a day.

I was a little sore when I woke up the next morning. I sure hoped Mister Wang over at Clem’s had plenty of hot water ready for me, because I saw a nice long soak in my future. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and dragged my aching ass down to the kitchen to see what my new sister had saved me for breakfast.

When I barged into the kitchen, Molly was working at the stove and humming a little tune. I smiled that she seemed in such a good mood; I was hoping that Clem put that tune on her lips.

“Good morning, Sunshine,” I said.

She spun around and gave me a dazzling smile.

“Good morning to you, too, you scoundrel.”

I told her I resembled that remark and plopped down at the table. She slid a cup of java and a plate of grits and eggs in front of me almost before my butt was in the chair.

“So I take it you had a nice time yesterday, big sister,” I teased.

She stuck her tongue out at me and giggled. Geeze, she was acting as if she were a teenaged girl.

“I had a wonderful time, Tyler, right up until you tried to give Clement a heart attack last night.”

I chuckled and touched her hand with my fingertips.

“He’s a good man, Molly, and you deserve someone at least that good.”

She turned her hand over and clasped my big callused paw.

“I think you hit on the right idea for us, Ty, by declaring yourself my brother. That way you can still be in my life, regardless of how things turn out with Clement.”

I told Molly I thought so too, even though it was only a joke when I first said it. Then I asked her when she was seeing Clem next.

“I invited Clement, Anna and Joaquin over for supper tonight. Is there anyone you’d like to bring as well?”

It was time to tell Molly about Belle.

“Yes there is, new sister. I would like to bring Belle, the blonde I was with yesterday. Do you mind if I see more of her?”

The question was my subtle way of asking if Belle could spend the night. Molly had never mentioned any rules about overnight guests, but I wanted to make sure I kept dealing with her truthfully. I wasn’t about to try anything sneaky with Molly, I respected her too much.

Molly said she was fine with it. We chatted for a few more minutes as I demolished my plate of food, then I kissed her on the cheek and headed for Clem’s. I had to grin to myself when I thought of mine and Clem’s upcoming conversation.

Clem was busy shaving Wilfredo Acevedo when I walked in, so I went on back to one of the two rooms with bathtubs. Mister Huang, Clem’s partner in the bathhouse and laundry, had plenty of water steaming in the large cast iron, wood-fired water heater. I always made it a point to greet any members of the Huang family I met, and I pretty much had all their names straight. Mister Wang’s wife was named Ling, but all his children had western first names. His first name was Chong. Chong and Ling had both been born in San Francisco’s Chinatown and spoke accented but good English. I said hello to Chong and asked for the water to be hotter today because of my stiff muscles.

Mister Huang fixed me up with water just on the verge of being too hot. Fifteen minutes in the tub with Chong throwing in one more bucket of hot water, had me feeling almost human. While I was soaking, Chong and his oldest son, Robert, brought in a padded, narrow, long table. The two spread a sheet on the table and put a couple of rolled up towels on it.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close