The Maintenance Man Another Repair Book 2 - Cover

The Maintenance Man Another Repair Book 2

Copyright© 2015 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

Chapter 1

Mark was working on a simple relay when the call came in, “Mark!” Sam Mark’s sister was screaming, “They’re gone! I was working on a sonic display here at head quarters and heard a noise when I went to check they were both gone!” Mark was a little confused gone? Who? His sister was so upset she was practically babbling. “I looked everywhere, you know Nissie always leaves a message!”

Now Mark was starting to become worried his self, “ calm down Sam, start at the beginning.”

Sam relayed all the details and the strange recording device that she’d found that had Mark’s name on it, obviously keyed to only his voice. Racing home Mark’s muscular body practically tore the door from the frame cause it didn’t open fast enough. Sam handed an ancient (to him) recording machine which started as soon as he touched it.

“Hello fart boy,” came a voice he hadn’t heard in over 6 years, “remember me you little shit? Well I remember you, it’s taken me almost 5 years to remove the comp virus you infected me with. You didn’t think I’d gone away had you, you putrid son of a bitch! Speaking of sons, I now have yours and the whore of a wife of yours, know this within 2 days he’ll be dead and she, well suffice it to say you won’t want her after the slavers are through raping her a few thousand times, though you might want her as a rag doll. The only thing I want is you, they are just bonuses, for taking the last six years of my life I take them. Then you, I’ll come for you know you’re a dead man walking.” With that an evil laugh sounded then a hiss started, Mark threw the recorder with an improved wrap shield around it out the window, the resulting explosion shook the whole building.

Tantka! Damn it! why hadn’t he just killed the bastard 6 years ago? Reaching above a shelf Mark activated a switch that not even Sam knew was there. Over a dozen hunter drones activated as soon as the hidden door opened.

“Activate active hunt mode search and retrieval,” Mark stated.

“Compliance,” the drones answered.

“All significant data is contained within this disc,” Mark stated, sliding the disc into the lead drone.

“Updating, retrieving data, correlation of voice prints and machine alteration, affirmative voice prints overlaid with 32 different machine alterations, correcting. Composite voice confirmed all further information confirmed, hunt will now commence.

“Advise and transmit all data collected, directly to this terminal only, with password protection code Arthur,” Mark instructed.

“Activation and mission confirmed code word Arthur,” the machine droned.

Sam’s mouth hung open, damn brother had been busy, there wasn’t anything on the open market that even can close to these. Mark was fuming, he had half a mind to contact Nissie’s sister Assti so she could get in on it, on second thought he’d better, she was a mean one when you got her angry as he found out years ago when she went after Tantka. Opening a special comp he’d not used in years her smiling face appeared on the screen, “Mark! How’s my sister?” looking closer she saw something was wrong, “ What’s happened?”

Mark explained what had happened, Assti’s face twisted in a look of pure hate, “I knew I should have killed him back then, I thought your idea was better, shit! both of our plans together would have been better, don’t worry the network won’t let him through this time, I guarantee it!”

Mark was working on refining a new concept when his new neural link beeped. The First of the drones had detected something the relay was coming in now.

“Detection of primary target has been confirmed, now beginning passive scan of surrounding area. All scans indicate that subject was in the area within the last 2 hours, confirming” it droned on.

“Initiate more active scans beware of explosive detection, enact all anti hacking protocols, continue all reports.”

Mark replied seeing that Tantka was still a creature of old habits, he was glad he’d equipped both his son and Nissie with the updated comps he’d just finished 2 days ago.

“Complianc... , “ suddenly there was an explosion then a dozen more.

Startled Mark flipped on several screens almost all were blank but one, “withdrawal to outer perimeter, active scan area for transmissions.”

As the readings came in Mark cursed under his breath, so his time in prison he had used to advance his skills. The destructive energy he was detecting was something only a more advanced maintenance man would know.

He’d finally gotten the last of the drones withdrawn when he received a message, “surprised fart boy? Told you I was better, I have always been better, you’ll find out soon. Hope you like your little bastard of a son extra crispy, the time tables moved up, he’s dead tomorrow as if I care rather slice his little throat now but I want you to suffer.”

A crease of anger crossed his face, reaching into his back he grabbed a comp that he hadn’t used since he’d gotten Tantka put away.

The headmaster of the maintenance school was enjoying the peace and quiet for the first time in years, a whole week of no problems, hell he’d even gotten a few chapters of his book done. Damn he could get used to this, suddenly a pinging went off in his desk opening the top drawer he sighed it had been a few years since he’d had contact with Mark. Snapping on the comp Mark’s face appeared, “hello sir it’s been a while,” mark said.

“Hello Mark, I knew you’d be calling soon but I was hoping you’d not need my help. Detail the situation for me,” Mark’s mentor said.

Sighing Mark began the long report of what was going on with Tantka. The headmaster listened intensely nodding from time to time at certain snippets of information. “Alright Mark, I’ll contact the prison and find out exactly what he took while he was incarcerated, till then you might want to update all your software.”

Mark clicked off, opening another comp he initiated a network connect to every system and planet he’d been to in the last 7 years. Sighing he knew that this would take a few days to a week, not all of the planets would receive the update till they were contacted by a liner or ship that was in the network. Smiling he saw that this planet and central were already almost done, the encryption he’d used wasn’t even known to the school yet. Mark smiled when he saw that Tantka had already used it against him but no more. Everything he’d done was laid out to Mark most of it was fixed immediately, some though a lot more complicated, would take a week or more.

Looking over everything Mark was starting to get a little more insight into a lot of what Tantka was trying to do. Mark was on his way out the door when his synaptic interface clicked on, “Subject moving towards spaceport alpha, 2 large containers also in transit with him, internal scanners indicate the presence of an adult female within the first, a small male child contained within the second. The first, the readings are unclear all further scans blocked and reflected back. The second, readings indicate the child within is the offspring of first class, aa-1, modern advanced system and sub-system, super master tech Mark Doraland.” Shaking his head he’d have to remember to reprogram the damn drones to drop all that shit.

The drone went on detailing almost everything on the condition of his son. Mark nodded as the information came in, heading not far from the site of the explosion of his drones mark looked down every few seconds at the scanner in his hands.

Reaching a doorway Mark tapped his ear and started to issue commands, his heart racing, his anger apparent he reached for the door.

Nissie was scared, far more scared than she’d been in years though they couldn’t touch her she wasn’t that sure that they couldn’t after a while, that ass Tantka had given them a lot of readings on her comp and shields. She more than remembered him from years before, all the threats and explosions were as fresh now as they had been then. All the slavers were pouring over the readings, had been trying to deactivate the shields for hours the reading she was getting indicated they were no closer but though he was the best she was afraid that someone might find a way through her husbands shields. Why the hell hadn’t mark included a communicator on this model? True it was more advanced than anything she’d ever seen him create, true as soon as she felt a threat from Tantka it had snapped on, pissing Tantka off (she’d laughed at his tantrum thereby pissing him off more).

It was obvious that the slavers were a little pissed themselves, they’d already tried to contact Tantka something about untouchable merchandise? There was a knock at the door which all the men in the room ignored till the door suddenly was blown off its hinges disintegrating as it flew across the room denting the back wall as what was left smashed into it. Each man in the room turned pulling many manner of energy weapons.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close