Leben - Cover

Leben

Copyright© 2016 - 2017 All rights reserved.

Chapter 5

Angelika - Like an angel
Truda - Fighting woman
Varick - Protecting Ruler
Harman - Man of the army

Alan tried to stare down all four of them as they not only blocked the exit but threatened to kick his ass if he made a move toward it. Shaking his head he knew that his mother would follow him to the ends of the earth, why the hell had he taught her that?

“So what’s it going to be Alan, you have us almost to the point that the doctor can’t touch us and you want to leave?” Angelika told him. “I would take you over my knee but,” here she stared at him, “you’d probably love that WAY too much!”

Alan nodded the more he thought of it the more he knew that she was right! Damn it! How in the hell had she gotten this good this fast? Reaching out his eyes flew wide when he felt several corrections that she had made to her own mind! The further he went the more he saw that she had done many of the same things he’d done so many years ago.

Looking within, Alan knew that they would one day be where he was now, but that meant only that he would have to keep going his self. Besides he owed this doctor person a major ass kicking for what he’d done to him. Sighing he knew he was beat for now, as tired as he was still he knew he had no chance to out run nor out last any of them.

“Alright I’ll stay for now,” then he looked at his mother. “Thing is if I continue to bring you guys only pain I am out of here. I didn’t start helping you just to have you experience all that shit all over again!” Alan told all of them but Harman most of all, Harman was good yes but Alan had a few tricks up his sleeve that he was sure would even make Harman proud.

“Then it’s all settled then, with all the extra space now we should be well secure now. While we train and remove the shackles the doctor put on all of us you can show us all what you have learned about our opponents.” Varick said after he was sure Alan wouldn’t run again.

Alan could only nod as he felt himself falter, ‘damn it, ‘ he thought, ‘I have done way too much!’ Then he felt his legs start to go as the world started to spin and darkness threatened to overtake him. “Shit! I think I need more sleep,” Harman and Varick both grabbed an arm when Alan tried to stumble toward the bedroom. Yeah he thought a bed would be really nice about now. Finally in the bed he’d created the day before Alan mumbled a thanks then let the darkness take him.

It seemed only moments later when Alan was floating above several hospital type beds; strange but they seemed an older model. Then several older teens were led in at gun point, what? Those were German soldiers! Where in the hell am I? One of the male teens chopped a guard and tried to escape but was gunned down a moment later in the hallway.

An older looking man addressed those left, “I’d advise against trying that again unless you all wish to die. No? Good, then we understand each other.” Funny Alan thought four of them looked like younger versions of Varick and the others. Strange thing was though this didn’t feel like a dream or memories. Tentatively Alan reached out and touched the older man’s mind. Drawing in a gasp Alan saw that it was the infamous Dr. Johann Bauer! This was the first time anything like this had happened to him!

Alan reached in and made the man’s heart skip a beat watched as the man grasped his chest. I could kill him right now Alan thought but who’s to say a worse Doctor wouldn’t take his place. Suddenly there were possible futures that played out in front of him. Shit! Had the Doctor died they all would have died, Hitler would have bombed the bunker. Damn it! There was nothing he could do; anything he did would erase himself. He went through a year in mere seconds then saw the day that the bunker exploded, thing was there was nothing he saw that was going to happen. What the hell, he had to make the place explode?

Sighing Alan reached out to the only thing that he felt would work a huge canister of experimental chemicals under pressure and highly explosive. Waiting Alan had to make sure they were all out, starting the canister leaking Alan only saw the Doctor and his assistant a moment too late as the canister exploded killing all there except the four, the Doctor and his assistant. Cursing Alan thought to kill the Doctor now but found the man actually was protecting himself.

<Who the hell are you? I have felt you watching for some time now. Tell me damn it!> The Doctor shouted in his mind.

<Too bad, > Alan shouted back, <get used to disappointment you are a failure and will always be!> Laughing Alan started to withdraw. As he left the place following Varick and the others, he could hear the Doctor screaming at him. ‘Good, ‘ Alan thought, ‘let the son of a bitch stew it was more than he deserved!’

Alan was about to follow his mother and the others when he felt a slight tap on his arm. What the hell he thought as he looked down at it there was nothing there. “Alan wake up, Alan!”

With a start Alan jerked awake, his mother was standing over him with a worried look on her face. “What the hell! What’s wrong Angelika?” Alan said he’d decided that calling her mother all the time would actually get distracting in the long run.

“You were groaning and almost screaming out in your sleep, we all came running as soon as we heard.” Still Alan could see that she had a worried look on her face. Alan was actually uncomfortable he’d never really had anyone worry about him like this. It was a little worrisome he could feel the deep concern and love that Angelika felt for him, problem was he wasn’t sure he could return the same feelings.

All four of them had run for Alan when they heard him start to yell and almost scream, thing is they really couldn’t understand him. That was strange because they understood almost all languages on earth including a few now dead languages. Angelika started to shake Alan again when she saw that he was getting glassy eyed as his head was flopping around loose.

Suddenly Alan was jerking awake and all four of his new friends were holding him down. He could see that Harman and Varick had both been struggling to keep him still. Angelika was still trying to get him conscious then just as suddenly he was still and his eyes snapped open. “What the hell is going on?” Alan asked when he saw that all four were standing next to him.

“We were wondering the same thing,” Angelika asked finally releasing him.

“What are you talking about,” Alan asked even more confused trying to figure out where he was. The dream had seemed so real almost as if he was really there. Thinking a moment Alan thought I think it was a dream, or could it have been memories that he’d seen in the others minds? No he thought the doctor had spoken to him directly in his mind.

Sitting up Alan shook his head everything here seemed so surreal it was almost like a dream within a dream.

“Can you remember much?” Varick asked a moment later. “I’ve seen Truda have that same look when she has had a premonition or a regression of memories. Tell me does everything here feel more like a dream?”

Alan nodded then looked over at Truda who was starting to stare at him. Then he felt Truda try to enter his thoughts but started to scream when she barely touched the surface.

“NO! Get away from me you bastard! Harman where are you?” She started to yell then she started to scream. Alan snapped out of his reverie and reached out to Truda, seeing the horrible experiments the doctor had done only to her to increase her visions. Growling Alan appeared next to her in the vision and grabbed her hand leading her away from the memory. Truda clung to him when he tried to withdraw.

“I cannot stay here, Truda,” Alan said as he tilted her face toward him. “Trust that you are now far more powerful than the memory is. Remember this and you can no longer be hurt by them.” A new light seemed to appear in her eyes as she stared at him and nodded letting him go.

Sucking in a deep breath Alan hadn’t realized that he’d been holding his breath. Truda’s eyes opened and she stared at Alan then got to her feet and threw herself at him. Tears were falling from her eyes. “Thank you I have been afraid for so long. Thank you for leading me out of that place; I will remember what you said. I am so glad that someone else understands now.” Hugging Alan tightly she let him go and ran to her brother and embraced him fiercely kissing his face with love.

Angelika could only smile she knew that Alan would pass beyond all of them and this proved it more than anything. This was the first time she’d seen Truda acting more normal almost the whole time she’d known the woman. Harman and Varick could only stare opened mouthed; they had to get Alan to teach them all he could. Harman loved the fact that his sister was more normal now but how? What exactly had Alan done? Shrugging Harman really didn’t care; the fact that his old sister was back was enough for now.

Alan decided that he had to get them all to a point that the doctor or his old assistant couldn’t touch them again. For now where they were they were pretty well protected, that would change though once they left this sanctuary of sorts.

Sighing Alan got unsteadily to his feet, “I need to increase all of your defenses. The doctor warned me before but I ignored him,” smiling a smug smile Alan continued. “I will continue to ignore him. As I was telling Angelika before I had tested all of your levels. Varick you are the only one that the doctor would have trouble doing anything to. Then again I feel that Angelika and Harman aren’t far behind, I intend to push all of you beyond his control.” Alan looked at Truda, “In your case I hope I have given you a defense against the things he would say and do.”

“Yes, I can feel that he has held this over me for a long time; I know I am the weakest Alan. I also know I am the point that they will attack first to gain an upper hand on us. Please I am ready I need to be stronger to protect us all.” A tear stained Truda was telling Alan.

“I will do all I can but it is dangerous, the fact that all of you advanced as fast as you did after what I did before is a good sign. The thing is I don’t want to push too hard, too fast it could cause seizures in all of you ok?” Alan asked all of them. “I am sorry about earlier I have been alone for so long it is taking a lot to adjust to having all of you.”

The next few days Alan gently pushed Truda’s defense and offensive abilities higher. Though he didn’t feel they were high enough yet they were substantially greater. With Harman he actually managed to get his abilities high enough to resist the doctor, well for a short time. Angelika he felt finally was almost equal to doctor, at least his last attack though Alan felt that had only been about 75%. Varick what could he say? A hell of a lot higher than Alan at first thought he’d go; he was the only one that might even have a chance against the doctor.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close