Dead Stick
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2015 - 2016 by Pars001. All rights reserved.

Finally, classes were going like they were supposed to, hell even better now that I had the elder’s son helping. Beginning the second week I had increased all their power to almost twice what it had been, though no where nearly as strong as mine. The whole time I had also been trying to increase Celina’s power after a few days I was finally feeling an increase there also. I had put more feelers out on the brother but still got nothing. I was beginning to think I night have actually killed him either that or he’d gone further underground than I thought he might. Cloe was far stronger than I thought she would have been. Starting the second week she still hadn’t broken, damn now I was starting to feel like shit it was never a good thing to break the spirit of such a strong woman.

That night returning home I finally took all 3 clips off her, though I didn’t relieve her it did finally ease her torment.

“What’s the matter Tyrome? Ya going soft? She said I could almost feel her thumbing her nose at me.

“No, I don’t want ya getting killed if that damn brother shows up, me included, why not be a good girl, and clam the fuck up a while huh?” I told her hoping against hope that she took it to heart and actually give me a break.

I should have known it was too good to be true as I saw her open her mouth to start in on me. “You forget who you are talking to! I am a member of the council! I could...”

I shot her with a silence spell to shut her up, “I gave you a chance, I don’t like breaking women not your type, but so help me you are pushing me there woman! You’re almost as bad as my last wife always thought she was better, half my power but still she thought she was better. You see where that bitch is now, I can tell Cloe, and you’re headed down the same damn path!”

Cloe’s eyes grew wide as she saw the truth in what I’d said, but still I could see the rebellion deep in her eyes. Sure I’d gotten through but that was all I hadn’t really gotten anywhere. Walking out I was about to reach for the door when I felt a presence I didn’t really like the feel of. Drawing up at least 10 wards I waited for the inevitable blasting away of the door. Sure enough not 10 seconds later the door was splintered.

“Tyrome, you bastard! What spell did you use on me you piece of shit! Half of my powers are gone you piece of filth! When I catch you I’m going to gut you like the foul piece of shit you are!” The voice of the brother I had partially stripped of power came though the open door way.

“Yeah, it’s good to see you again too Tron! So you liked that little spell huh?” I laughed.

Roaring Tron blasted away again at my door way, “you little prick! You’re a dead son of a bitch!”

Laughing again I replied, “Been called worse than that Tron you can do better! Geez! How lame can you get?” The blasts started to come faster, good I’d really pissed him off, any time now I could take him down with no problem. I’d started to move when I remembered Cloe, she was unconscious, wrapping her in several spells I leapt out freezing Tron as he was preparing another volley.

Leaning close I snarled in his ear, “You bastard! How dare you come after me! I want you to remember this, but only this!” Reaching in I began to rip away at every power he had and a few new ones that were starting to emerge, god really nasty ones at that. Finally there was nothing left, leaning close I whispered, “I was an enforcer for a reason, as far as I know there are only 2 that can permanently remove magical abilities besides me, I am the newest, number three. You’re lucky this time I only removed them for a few weeks, next time.” Here he was sobbing huddled against the wall, “I remove them all, and they set you free in the human world where I am sure you’d do real good.” Flashing out I appeared at the prison Tron had been in, the guards stepped back as I growled stripping him naked I began to take several charms off him. “Been a busy boy I see, naughty.”

Shoving him into magic resistant restraints I sent several wards, then restrained his legs. “Never again will you get out, I’ve made sure of that!”

Again as I had done to my now ex-wife, I closed the door then the wall over the door, I could hear Tron screaming that I had murdered him. Ignoring him, I waved my hand and all was quiet as the wall thudded closed.

Turning, the council was behind me, “Again we are in your debt Mage Tyrome,” the elder said. “The conditions you have included in this and your ex’s cells are being considered for many others.”

Bowing I started to leave, and then turned back to the council, “I was questioning a squealer earlier, he said that Tron had help from my ex and another, a very powerful other. If it is indeed the return of him, we all must be prepared, though I am far more powerful than I was back then, I am afraid that I would be easily overcome by him now. May I have the permission of the council to increase my power in order to combat him?” I asked.

Most of the council was confused except for the two elders, they both held frightened looks on their faces.

“At the present time you may up two levels, though you are at present five levels past where he was back then.” the elder said

“Yes,” I replied, “though I know him better than anyone, he will have been increasing all this time. I could be ten levels higher in two days.”

“We realize this, but you must realize we have a responsibility to all the magic community. We will consider it though, Mage Tyrome.” The elder answered a sigh escaping his lips.

Damn I swear these idiots were going to get us all killed! two levels? That was a drop of water in an ocean when it came to him. I knew I was the only one that could take him, hell I had been the only one then, though we were more on an even keel back then ... I also knew that the bastard would be trying to make sure WHEN he came back that nothing would stand in his way and I knew that included me.

“Again,” I started, “last time the council waited to make a move against him and was destroyed. Cedrick won’t...”

All of the council gasped that I had uttered his name like I had.

“Are you trying to summon him here?” A younger member of the council hissed at me.

“Then you should let me increase at least ten levels more, then we’d have no problem.” I snapped out.

“You know that we can’t do that, you are already higher than anyone but the elder anymore and then there’d be no one to take you if you go bad.” Another of the young members said.

“I have been an enforcer for the council for over 200 years, before that I was a bounty hunter. One would think that by now I have proved my loyalty to the council and the magic community!” I shouted to emphasize my point. Pissed more at the council than I’d been in quite some time, I flashed out to the nearest junk yard and started in destroying everything in my way.

A few moments later I heard a throat clearing, “You keep this up Tyrome and you just might attract attention.” I heard the elder say.

“Go the fuck away unless you want to see just how high my power is!” I hissed at him.

“Hey! Damn it Tyrome I’m not the enemy here!.” He replied.

“Yeah? Well guess what? I’m not either! For well over 300 years I have served the council and the interests of the magical community and you’re going to hand cuff me when you need me the most?” I shouted at him shocking him a moment.

“Look Tyrome you know that after what he did, every council member is frightened that there will be a repeat...” the elder started.

“Yes! There will be! It will be him destroying most of the council and more than likely me! I have nowhere to run or hide! You forget it was me who banished him last time and it will be me that he comes after first. Then he’s coming after you, the elder council leader, and the other elder. The only difference this time is that there will be NO ONE to stop him!” I was damn near screaming now, I knew that there were idiots on the council (you only had to look no further than Cloe), but this was bordering on plain insanity!

“Alright,” the elder said, “I came here to grant you unofficial permission to up your levels, five instead of two.” Holding up his hand when I started to protest, “As I said UNOFFICAL permission, but I think you should go higher, you’re not a yes man any more, do what you think is best.” With a wry smile the elder nodded then was gone.

Son of a bitch! So they were taking this serious after all! I started right there in the junk yard I was almost another level now as it was but it never hurt to push a little, an hour later I felt ‘norms’ approaching. Sighing I had at least increased a level and 3/4. If I met him now, he’d probably kill me but at least he’d be hurting also.

Flashing back into my apartment I sat on the bed, god I was tired, it always took a lot out of me fighting any of the brothers. Then of course there was the fact that I had increased my power, the exercises were trying also.

Cloe was sitting on her pallet at the foot of the bed, “finally through screwing your mage whore I see!” She snapped as nasty as she could.

“No bitch, unlike you I’ve been trying to prepare for Cedrick...” I started.

“Damn it Tyrome! Don’t mention his name like that! The last person that did summoned him and they were dead within ten seconds!” Cloe hissed.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close