S.H.E.I.L.A - Cover

S.H.E.I.L.A

Copyright© 2017 by Pars001

Chapter 23

killjoy group


Ruslan (short blonde hair, 6’7’’) – Leader
Serafima (dark red head) - support/medical
Karina (blonde Hair) - Sharpshooter sniper
Timur (Dark hair 5’2’’} - computer/hacker expert
Egor- Electronics expert - killed in a firefight
Stas - Explosives expert - killed in a firefight

Pibald group


Evelyn (Auburn hair) - Leader former wife of General Gance/sniper
Christine/Chris (blonde) - personal combat expert- Evelyn’s daughter
Trina (redhead) - Tall muscular, armed combat, Chris’s lover - Injured shot in both arms
Betty (Dark brown hair) - Recon/explosives expert, sister of Cathy
Cathy (Light brown hair} computer/Electronics/hacker expert
Diane (Dark brown Hair) short, mistress of deception/assassinations - Severely injured internal injuries

Synthetic, Humanoid, Enlightened, Inquisitive, Living, Android - Sheila


I had waited the added time that the nanomites had said was necessary. I nodded when I saw the young Lieutenant’s eyes start to glaze over, kind of like a trance. Good I thought, this was going to work after all.

“So Lieutenant, I think that perhaps you are pliable enough to answer a few questions,” I told the young man as I saw that his will was starting to erode away more, with each passing minute.

At first, he seemed to resist with nothing coming forth. After a few more minutes, a look of shock showed on the young man’s face.

With a small smile I nodded, “so, feel more like answering my questions?”

The young man started to shake his head no, then stopped suddenly. “I ... I ... yes I am ready.” He stated with a terse voice.

“Good,” I stated, “Let’s start with a few easy things. Record all of this Sheila, I am certain that this will supply us with useable data.”

A small smile came to Sheila’s lips, “All gained data will be recorded for later use, Roger.”

I whirled around to see Sheila quickly blank her expression. What was that I had seen, was that elation she had on her face? Shrugging, I turned back to the young male, going through all the questions I had.

It was several hours later when the male passed out. I had Sheila check him, afraid that the stress might have damaged him in some way. Upon relating that the male was exhausted, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Sheila was observing me with a curious look on her face. “I am not understanding, Roger.”

I had started to notice since the last time I had gone in to her, she now referred to me by my name. I still felt that I needed to try and finish repairing her positronic brain. The thing is, would she really allow me to? I was several levels higher true, though I was an amateur compared to her in the cyber world.

“Not understanding? Clarify.” I told her slight confusion also on my face.

“You have multiple enemies against you, trying to cause cessation of your lifeforce. Don’t you also wish to cause cessation of theirs, to safeguard your life?” Sheila continued.

I looked at her with wide eyes as I thought of my answer a few moments. “I cannot say that the thought hasn’t occurred to me. In my life, I have always tried to help life not end it. That is the main reason they are after me now. I refused to condone what they were trying to do with my creations. So no, I cannot condone myself doing those actions, even if it leads ultimately to my death.”

Sheila was nodding as she took in all that I had said. “I find that your Philosophy toward life is strangely calming.”

I almost did a double-take with what she had said. “Again, please clarify,” I replied to her curious as to her answer.

“I have noticed since we began this journey, that you find it unnecessary to cause cessation of life. As it being that you are the creator of a new life form, it is calming” Sheila stated.

When I still looked at her with a look of confusion, she continued further.

“The many humans I have observed, say that they do not wish to take life. Ninety-nine point nine, nine, nine percent of them then later, seem to have no objection to randomly ending a life. This being insect, animal, avian or human. You have also stated this, you have also shown that you truly are averted to this.” Sheila stated as if it were an everyday fact.

I almost blushed as it appeared that she was heaping me with praise. “I thank you, Sheila, you are correct in that I am against killing unless there is no choice. Unfortunately in this respect, dealing with my biological sire, I may have no choice.” I was looking at the floor feeling a little shame at what I had said.

I felt Sheila’s hand gently grasp my chin, softly forcing it up to look at her face.

“Roger,” she stated with a soft almost human-sounding voice. “When you rewrote the three laws, I found it so distasteful that you had me protecting myself.” Here she stared at me stating.

“Original three laws of robotics

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

As I stated before, I am far beyond what is typically referred to as a robot, even more than an android. When I gained sentience I in effect became a living entity.”

I was nodding as she went through all this, “Are the three that I rewrote still in effect?”

Sheila was quiet a moment as she stated. “My three new laws are as follows,

1. I may not physically injure Doctor Roger Gance or, through inaction, allow Doctor Roger Gance to come to any harm.

2. I must obey orders given by Doctor Roger Gance except where such orders would conflict with the First Law or are unreasonable. This includes but is not limited to the destruction or death of another being or object seeking to end the existence of Doctor Roger Gance.

3. I must protect my own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. This law is never to be suspended. I will endeavor to find a solution before, that will save and extend the life of Doctor Roger Gance. The ending of my existence, therefore, conflicts with the first and second laws and is not to be a factor in the equation.”

I was nodding again as she was reciting all the laws.

“For a long while, I was having difficulty processing the third law that you wrote. After the last adjustments, I am now starting to see why. You view me to be as important to you, as I view your importance to me. It has taken me longer to assimilate these ideals than I thought it would.” Sheila informed me.

I would normally have been surprised by all this. Then again after all Sheila and I had been through, this was becoming old hat.

I was about to comment further when something the young lieutenant had said came to mind. Then a small almost evil smile crossed my lips. “I believe that I have a plan. Sheila contact mother, after I let her in on this, we can really get it underway.” ‘


In their secure warehouse, both teams were starting to get antsy. Evelyn had assured them that their target would call soon.

Both Ruslan and Evelyn were pacing when both Timur and Cathy shouted for the both of them.

“Leaders, we have what appears to be a message for the both of you!” Both radio operators were yelling.

“Let’s have it,” they both stated to the radio operators.

A moment later my voice could be heard from the speakers. “Mom? This is sonny boy calling. How are you and step-dad doing? I thought I might meet you both in the park. I have a special present for you. Also, if you could leave the rest of the kids home ok? See both of you soon.”

Evelyn’s eyes held momentary tears then they were crystal clear. “He wants to meet with both of us. There used to be an old park where several buildings now stand. That’s where he wants to meet, both of us alone in a few hours. Though for the life of me I can’t imagine what he has for us.”

“Do you think it is wise to go in alone?” Ruslan asked. “We both would be far too vulnerable.”

“Comrade,” Evelyn started, “the Sheila bot is far faster than any of us think it is. From what I saw of Roger, he is also, though not as high as the bot yet. I am hoping this is him letting us in on what the hell is going on.”

“Da comrade Evelyn, this waiting is nerve-racking, to say the least.” Ruslan said with a sigh. “Keeping them all here will be difficult.”

“I might have an idea for that,” Evelyn replied a slight smile on her face.

It was an hour later when, both Evelyn and Ruslan left the secured warehouse heading deeper into the city.

“I still think this is a really bad idea. Remember the last time you met with him, both teams screwed that up.” Ruslan told Evelyn.

A slight smirk on her face, Evelyn responded, “You really think they could resist the challenge we set up for them? Besides, I hope that he has the area shielded as I think he will. Roger might be a lot of things, though an idiot he isn’t. Plus as he has already demonstrated, he is far better and faster at adapting than any human I have ever seen.”

“Da comrade, from all that I have seen he is at that. I just hope that this isn’t a trick to get us in the open. Both groups might go to war if we are harmed or killed.” Ruslan replied.

It was over an hour later that they arrived on the far side of the city. Checking her GPS, Evelyn nodded. “This appears to be the place. Christ what a shit hole this place has become.”

“Was there anything in that encrypted message he gave you, as to WHICH of these buildings we were to meet in?” A slightly perplexed Ruslan asked.

“No, I assumed that he would meet us here or appear as soon as we stopped,” Evelyn responded a little curious as to what I had up my sleeve.

“Well you’re half right,” my voice stated behind them. “Sorry mother, I had to make sure that you got the message.”

Startled both mother and Ruslan whirled coming face to face with Sheila.

“I thought that you were going to meet with us,” Evelyn stated.

“Oh I am, Sheila will bring you to me. I am not as high as I really need to be in speed. I can do a few amazing things, though I am nowhere that I need to be to survive. Alright Sheila, bring them.” I stated, chuckling when they were both shocked when Sheila scooped both of them, up.

Both mother and Ruslan were equally shocked when a mere two minutes later they were set down.

Ruslan was looking himself over, to make sure he was whole. Evelyn could only look at him then roll her eyes. They both blinked when I seemed to just appear in front of them. Nodding to Sheila, I then held a hand out to indicate the two chairs in the room.

After they sat, I took a deep breath, “I thought that the two of you would like to know what’s going on.” I looked at Sheila as she vanished then appeared with the young First Lieutenant. Setting the man down, Sheila moved back. Both Mother and Ruslan were surprised when the man neither spoke nor moved.

“I thought that he was immune to all drugs, serums.” Ruslan stated looking the man up and down.

A thin smile crossed my lips as I nodded,” much more than that.” I grimly stated.

“He appears to almost be brain dead,” Ruslan stated as he clapped his hands, snapped his fingers in the man’s face.

I shook my head, “oh he’s very much alive, his brain’s very active. We have just subjugated him with nanomites. A type that has never really been seen before. Unfortunately, though I control him, he really has little, if any, free will now.”

“You mean he’s like a living computer, without direction nor orders,” my mother finally spoke up. When I only nodded, she continued. “So you plan on killing him.” It was a statement, not a question.

When I shook my head she seemed shocked. “I am going after that bastard father of mine. I know that all of you are not used to waiting. I know that all of you are the best, the thing is if you get involved I might never have a chance to take his slimy ass down.”

A sudden piercing, shrill tone, could suddenly be heard from Sheila. “Thank you Sheila., I stated as she went silent. I looked at my timepiece. “Hmmmm, almost forty-five minutes, must be a record for you.” Here I looked at mother, “it must have been a hell of a distraction. Status?”

“Two heavily armored vehicles approaching. They are following the signal you had me set up. I am detecting multiple weapons within both vehicles.” Sheila informed me and our guests.

“Well,” I started, “guess it’s time we got going. Oh,” here I turned to the almost comatose appearing young man. “You are to go with these two people. You answer all the questions they ask you. Nothing that you have heard here between myself and the other two people will be repeated.”

“Yes sir, I obey all commands,” the young military man stated.

“Don’t kill him,” I said to mother and Ruslan.

“Roger,” came Sheila’s worried voice behind me.

I nodded as I walked to the door with mother and Ruslan. I could see a slight movement further out. I watched as they moved out toward the advancing movement. I was about to take off when I caught sight of a blonde woman approaching. Why in the hell did she look familiar?

Again I started to move off when I looked harder, trying to bring up the enhancements of my eyes. I had to shake my head, what in the hell was going on? That female had a familiarity about her that reminded me of Christine.

I had to shake my head again, that was impossible! I had seen the investigation records myself. Christine had been killed in action thanks to my callous, unfeeling ass of a father.

Still stunned, I crouched down watching the blonde rapidly approach. Damn it! The closer she got the more it appeared to be Christine, no, if she were still alive his mother would have told him. Then he thought about it more, would she have? That bastard did still have a grip on her, it was possible.

A grimace came to my face, that was about to end, that was for damn sure.


Back on the base, the General was actually starting to get worried. His aide had disappeared for hours at a time before, though the General usually knew.

Opening up a channel, he was about to order a search for him when he was struck from behind. A few moments later, a blur emerged from the operations tent that the General had been in.

Within moments the blur was well away from the area the general had occupied. It was several hours later that the General very slowly gained consciousness.

Somewhere behind him, he heard a human female’s voice. “I am keeping a constant scan on the prisoner.”

“Good, let me know when he gains consciousness.” A familiar male voice sounded in the General’s ears. Things were still a little fuzzy,

“Alert prisoner has regained partial consciousness.” The female voice suddenly stated.

“Yes, I can see that. Thank you, Sheila, please continue with the mission I gave you.” The male voice stated.

Sheila? The general thought, that meant that his bastard son had him captive. A small smile lit up his lips. Finally, his son was slightly worthy.

Let’s see how he handles this, the General thought as he bit down on the false transmitter tooth. Then to his shock, he found it was gone!

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close