Toman of the Cherokee - Cover

Toman of the Cherokee

Copyright© 2017 by Pars001

Chapter 20

Merlin
Gwendydd - sister
Morgenau - brother
Morial - brother
Morien - brother
Mordaf - brother - Naci’s father

New Council Members


Pikon
Corth
Groton
Tydeth
Docal
Clondal - female
Lyndeth - female
Creton


I could barely believe what I was hearing. She wanted my help? Shaking my head I was still staring at her in disbelief.

Letting out a huge sigh I reached out feeling all the spells and curses on her. Then my eyes shot open when I felt more than thirty. Hell I was counting upwards of forty now. Growling I started ripping out the spells as fast as I could grasp them.

I felt Morgana start to relax as soon as I hit twenty. Damn it seemed someone had been pretty pissed at her to do this many. Then there were the curses they were going to be tricky. Even as powerful as I was, there were still rules that had to be followed. Even though I had no Naci anymore I wasn’t quite ready to lie down and die yet.

I had just gotten the thirtieth spell when I heard the first tree roar. Then the hideous deformed thing was lunging out toward Morgana. A quirky smile lit up her face as I raised my hand. Then I saw that she was also.

“Try not to destroy her. She still has control over the island and the Dark Range. She had almost transferred it all to me when you appeared,” Morgana said her eyes far clearer than they had been. Hell even the smile she wore appeared to be far more genuine than ever.

I nodded as I started to power up, then I went higher and higher. I saw Morgana flinch a bit when I continued to climb even higher. I felt all my frustration, all my grief, all my pain pushing my power higher than I think I had ever felt it.

The first tree had hesitated reaching towards the both of us only a moment, giving me all the advantage I needed. I was about to release a titanic blast when I felt Morgana place a hand gently on my arm. Much of my anger evaporated as I nodded releasing my blast changing the spell at the last moment.

[You can’t hope to defeat me, if I am destroyed this whole place vanishes, you both along with it.] I heard the thoughts of the first tree say.

“Destroyed? Oh no, though,” here the tree screamed as my freezing blast hit it. “You’d be greatly surprised at what you can survive.”

[You will never make it out of the Dark Range Morgan le Fay. With all that we have placed on you, you will be dead long before you leave. You... ] the tree’s thoughts were yelling at the both of us.

“Hey stupid!” I yelled back causing the tree to gasp. “In case you haven’t noticed I have already removed thirty of the spells. Plus,” here I waved my hand then nodded my head. “The worst two of the curses are gone. Nothing left can kill her. So do us both a favor and bugger off!”

Again the tree gasped then I heard it start to chant. Unfortunately for it I had been prepared as I waved both hands causing my wards to seal her mouth shut. I then chanted almost the same curse. The screams that the tree started to issue actually had me cringing a bit.

[NO! There is no way that you ... NO! You are the foretold total user! I... ] the tree started.

“I’m tired of listening to you! Shut up! Ahh! So much better, good bye, enjoy. I am sure you have been here before though not without someone to steal the humanity from. I think you’ll make a very good tree.” I told the tree as both Morgana and I turned to leave.

The trip out only took a day, very easy compared to the week coming in. Along the way I told Morgana my plan to kill the demon, restore my father, then let the power consume me. I also told her of the death of Merlin. I could have done without the haunted look in her eyes as we trudged along the forest.

The worst though was when I told her of Naci, how I had finally realized that I loved her. It had hit me when I had first left Rigal. I felt as if someone had dropped a building on me. When I finished the both of us had tears falling from our eyes.

When we were finally out of the forest I bid her farewell. I had removed the six curses; three of the last spells the last I couldn’t touch for a few weeks. I had arrested it promising her that I’d remove it as soon as I finished Ukobach.

Then with a sad look I vanished to train my power higher. Morgana stood there for a few moments she’d started to wave her hand when a portal opened in front of her. Then her mouth dropped open as Gwendydd stepped out a smile on her face.

“Hello Morgana, I see that Merlin’s student has released you, good.” Gwendydd told Morgana.

Morgana could only stare at Gwendydd, smiling Merlin’s sister nodded. “I thought that you were in a different magical dimension.” Morgana stated finally breaking out of the shock.

“Many things have changed my dear, many things. So it appears that he is still as hard to find as before. Might I suggest that we depart as soon as possible? If I felt him then I am sure that the enforcers have also.” Gwendydd informed Morgana. Gently pulling Morgana into the portal both women winked out.


A few moments later, Ukobach, with well over a hundred enforcers appeared. Ukobach watched as the leader of the enforcers drew out what appeared to be a diving rod. Going slowly around the area he stopped then nodded to Ukobach. “He was here Council leader, though there is no indication of where he went.”

Ukobach’s face twisted into rage as he pointed a finger at the leader. “I suggest that you put every resource you have on this. That bastard wild magic user could kill a great many before we get him.” Leaning close Ukobach whispered loud enough for more than just the leader to hear. “You know he has no love for the enforcers. He just might start on the enforcer corps.”

Ukobach nodded when he saw the leader then several around them bristle. Those around immediately started to whisper to those further back. Ukobach saw that what he’d said was having the desired effect. Almost all of them had an angry look on their faces. Good they would fight to the last for themselves if not for him.

‘Now,’ he thought, ‘I just need to deal with the new councilors that had replaced those that were destroyed. Though,’ he thought as he rubbed his chin, ‘they seemed to be more for themselves than anything.’ Nodding his head he thought, ‘Yes, I could most definably use that to my advantage.’

Watching for a few moments more Ukobach finally shook his head. Looking at the dark forest not far away he felt the many dark forces within it. Ah he thought, so the Dark Range really did exist. It felt so welcoming if the enforcers weren’t with him he’d have already been deep within it. It felt quite a bit like home, the sheer amount of dark energy had the stump where his arm was tingling. ‘Here,’ he thought, ‘I might have to revisit this place again soon.’

Waving his remaining arm he vanished appearing again within the council chambers. Looking around he saw that almost all the new councilors were still there. So they really had nothing to do? He seriously doubted that though with the added power here they really never had to leave unless they had to actually be there.

Looking around he saw Creton and Clondal staring at each other with heated looks. They were two of the three strongest of the new Councilors. Strange he thought where was Lyndeth? The hatred he’d seen between her and Creton had almost been palatable. Did she have something on Creton that had him backed away? He needed to find out.

Looking over the other five he could see that they trusted none of the others. Ah, a good council trusting no one, and helping no one. Perfect, it would be easy to ensnare them into his web of lies and deceit. Rubbing his hands together Ukobach started to plan how to have all of the new ones working for him soon.


I had gone back to where I had left Rigal. Not really expecting him to be there I was shocked when I appeared beside the mage house. “Toman am I glad to see you, after you left...” Rigal started.

“Yeah I know you really didn’t expect me to return. Nor do I think did you expect me to fulfill my promise.” I stated as I held up a mage’s eye.

Rigal looked into the image, his mouth dropping open. “Is this real? You actually freed her? How is she still free? He always keeps tabs on her to make sure she hasn’t gotten away.”

I nodded as I pointed at the eye, “Mrs. Vanderhoon. I have someone here who wishes to speak to you.”

I saw her head snap up as she heard my voice. “I never was able to thank you for freeing me, not sure I ever will be able to.”

I was nodding a sad look on my face, “go ahead I know she is as anxious as you are.”

“Mother? Is that really you? I have tried the last few years to increase my magic to free you. I’m sorry I failed so many times.” This last part was spoken in a low whisper.

“No, my son not your failures, just a lack of power. You obviously found the one who did free me. Is there any way that we can be together?” His mother asked turning toward my image.

I nodded thinking a moment, “it is more than possible.” Then I turned toward Rigal, “You I am afraid, are going to have to die.”

I heard his mother gasp then she covered her mouth. “You can’t be serious! You set me free, now you’re going to kill Rigal?! You might as well kill me also.’

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close