The Mind's Eye - Cover

The Mind's Eye

Copyright© 2022 by Pars001

Chapter 7

“Alright, I believe it’s time to get the rest of you stronger,” I said as I turned toward Bethany. I knew I wasn’t completely recharged, though I needed more of them higher.

“Is this going to hurt?” She asked.

“No, though it might tickle,” Bell said.

I nodded as I started to raise her levels above the danger zone.

I then turned toward Dan and his sister, they were pretty high as they were. Hopefully, I wouldn’t need to raise them much. I was shocked when they were both not far from my daughters’ levels. I had hardly expended any energy.

Well, that was six, then I turned toward Alice. I had a look of confusion as I felt her power. My god, I thought, she feels exactly like my dead wife did when she was alive. I knew the rest of them saw my look also.

I tried to shrug it off, especially with all of them staring at me. I did a double take. Alice was nothing like my dead wife. Why was I feeling that something extremely important was about to happen?

So I thought, I was just going to have to handle this. For now, that was the only thing I could do.

I turned to Alice, “as I tried to explain, you have great potential for mental abilities.” I could see that she was considering what I had said, then she slowly nodded her head. “What I am going to do is raise your ability levels. That will protect you later from this present alien race, plus allow you to fight back.”

She looked at me with huge eyes, “is that why, whatever it was, was trying to take over my mind?” She asked, a fearful look on her face.

When I nodded, her fearful look turned to a determined one, “I have to ask if you wish me to do this. I don’t like to do this without permission,” I told her.

She seemed to be deep in thought for a few moments, then asked, “Will it hurt?”

“No, I always try to make sure that I don’t over do it. You are very low, your abilities almost non-existent,” I explained to her.

“So you don’t know if it hurts or not,” she said, a little afraid, still.

“As far as I know, it doesn’t hurt, at least I try to make sure it doesn’t,” I said. This seemed to calm her down, well, that and the others assuring her.

I reached in feeling that her abilities were barely open. Why the hell had the Xetrons wanted her? Her abilities were at the very beginning, just after I started, I found out why. Within two minutes, she doubled, then tripled the amount of power she had. There was absolutely no strain on her mind or system.

I saw her eyes open wide as several abilities were suddenly open. She was climbing in strength in her abilities. I was unsure just how far to go. She wasn’t strained, she wasn’t in pain, she was nearing the point when her protection was strong.

“Alice, I have as of yet seen anyone grow as fast as you are. My god, you are almost strong enough to resist the Xetrons,” I told her, hearing gasps coming from my daughters.

“Dear god dad, she’s advanced that far already? Have you ever seen anyone advance that quickly?” She asked.

“No,” I started, then was looking at the same Bellion I had seen the most since coming home.

“She is more like you than you think, you were the only one that we have seen to grow like this. Might I suggest that you train her more? She is a near mirror of you,” the Bellion said, then was gone.

I blinked, shaking my head, as I ‘woke up’ from whatever it was. Both my daughters were beside me trying to bring me back. “Dad? Dad! Are you alight?” Trina said.

“Yeah, you were talking then just stopped, standing still liked a statue,” Bell said, a look of worry on her face.

I again shook my head, trying to clear my head. “Just had a visit from our friends the Bellions.” Here I turned to Alice, “Apparently, you are a female me. I have you already almost high enough to resist the Xetrons. It took several times to get them that high. Hell, another time should have you as high if not higher.”

Everyone was staring at Alice as if she’d grown another head, she was really afraid now. She half felt that they were about to abandon or kill her. “It wasn’t on purpose, I assure you,” Alice said.

“It’s not that, it’s just that you are like me, apparently the only one that is like me,” I told a now shocked Alice.

“OK, not really sure what you mean, like you, care to explain?” She said.

“What I mean is that you can go up to levels of power faster than anyone but me. Once you are higher? No one will be able to hurt you,” I said.

Alice just stared at me, appearing to still be confused. “I don’t really feel any different. I don’t feel like I can do anything.”

I nodded, “it might be a little while before you feel a change. Then again, like me, you might suddenly find you can do things that seem impossible,” I said

Again, she looked at me slightly confused. “Like I said, I don’t really feel any different.”

“Oh, you will, and soon, I believe. The thing is, you need to keep a hold on what you do,” I told her.

Still, I could see that she was having a hard time believing me.

Deep within the home planet of the Xetrons, the ultimate leader watched as the strongest of the spawnings hatched. A grissly smile came to the leader’s face. Ah, they are far stronger than it was hoping for.

The first thousand were quickly out looking for nourishment. Unknown to the leader, several of the attendants were quickly ripped apart and digested. Also unseen, several of the spawnings started to attack each other.

The leader noticed that the spawnings were far hungrier than they should be. It was also at that moment that the leader noticed that a great many attendants were missing. Ah! The leader could see that they needed more nutrients for the spawnings.

The Ultimate leader soon had a great many prisoners pushed into the room. The screams of anguish and pain that started to sound made the leader far happier.

He watched a little amazed as the spawnings started to grow far faster and bigger than before. A satisfied nod was all the leader did as it got the new readings from this new batch.

A beeping of a console alerted the Ulimate leader that the project he had assigned his scientists was near done.

“Report,” the leader said.

“The project should be completed soon. The ultimate warrior should be far stronger after all the pain of healing,” the scientists said.

“Good, I require him to be as powerful as he can get. From what he and others have seen, this weak human posses far more power than we thought. We need to gain access to the earth, that weak planet could feed us for a very long time. Their screams of death will grow in the ears of all the spawnings.”

“The ten thousand should be finished in a few hours,” the lead spawning attendant said.

“Good,” the leader said. Touching another button, the leader said, “I need full production of a spawn fleet. I need all that they can produce and more.”

“It will be done, leader,” returned a voice.

A week later, I was once again out, having felt another powerful mind. All of what I now called my team were with me. After what happened the last few times, I thought it prudent.

The thing is that neither the Xetrons nor any other race had made a move against the earth. I had used the time searching the earth looking for more like us. I had also raised all of them a lot higher, having a feeling something was up.

I knew as soon as I appeared that something was indeed going on. I knew that the agents left on earth, still controlled a few leaders. The agents had managed to hide themselves far more than I thought they could.

The small town we had landed in was pretty much unremarkable, except for a powerful feeling mind. I had taken the lead, landing near the man I could feel. Looking around, nothing seemed out of place.

That was the key word, it seemed, the few people I met seemed to be unconcerned. They didn’t greet each other nor did they look at each other as they passed on the street. I had barely extended my senses when I felt an attack.

After a look around, I saw that there were more than a few that were staring at me. Thankfully, my shields had been up as I was expecting something. The pressure increased, then I felt both my daughters knock a few off their feet.

I nodded to them, then moved to a large building that appeared to be a warehouse. I tried the doors that appeared to be unlocked, though wouldn’t budge. I reached out ripping the doors off their tracks.

What I found inside was a male chained to a wall with at least ten others standing before him. They all seemed to be concentrating. I could feel the sheer amount of power that they were throwing at him. I sent an energy wall between them and him, causing them all to suddenly turn toward me.

“YOU!” The obvious leader said. “We are far stronger than you are. You will fall as this one will, he is on the edge now, as soon as you fall, he will succumb to us,” the leader said.

I just shook my head with a slight smile, “You obviously don’t realize just who you are dealing with.”

I pointed at the leader, watching as he was pushed across the floor penned to the wall. He started to shout at the others to attack me, then his eyes grew large as the other nine of my team appeared.

I walked up to each severing the tether that they had to their bodies. I flinched a bit when nine of them started to scream as they started to die. I saved the leader for last as I slowly severed the last of his tether.

He started to laugh, “I die for my people, an honor.”

I stared him in the eyes, “Yes, you die for nothing falling before a superior foe, in a pitiful cause.”

As soon as the alien presence was gone, I reached out to the last four ships that were near the orbit of the earth. I could feel the ship that had ten fewer living presences. They had drifted closer to my shield.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close