Bad Seed - Cover

Bad Seed

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Chapter 15

A mere minute later, Wren’s ship exited Trans-warp space a few trillion miles from the imperial fleet. Several alarms started to go off on her ship as well as the fleet.

Esmerelda smiled, “now we have the bitch. Fire all we have as soon as she is in range.

“How long?” Wren asked.

“Two minutes at the most,” Trigon said.

“More than enough time,” Wren smiled.

A more sinister smile crossed Wren’s lips. Little did her bitch of a mother-in-law know, her range was a lot further than the Imperial fleets.

“Alright Trigon,” Wren started. “Launch a salvo of missiles, ‘bout fifty should do.”

“Compliance master Wren,” Trigon said, as there was a massive launch at the same time.

On board the fleet command ship, several alarms were starting to scream. “What the hell is going on? Esmerelda shouted to get above the noise.

“Enemy has launched missiles, they each appear to have warp capabilities. Shit! They are of a thermic nature!” the tech cried.

“Activate all new shields!” Esmerelda yelled.

“New shields are only showing a fifty percent effectiveness, evasive action,” the tech said as the ship started to turn at a hard angle.

The command ship almost got out of the way, though the last two missiles impacted the rear of the ship. Much of the forty or fifty ships passed it didn’t fare as well. A huge plume of fire and destruction blossomed out behind the command ship.

Esmerelda was screaming out orders, a limp, lifeless body in her hands. Dropping the body, she stared at the many that were dead on the deck. Moments later, the power started to flicker out.

“Get us off this piece of shit!” Esmerelda was almost screaming into a com. “Now, before all of your family is dead!”

Another ship was besides hers in moments, evacuating her. “Should we get any of the others?” A command officer asked.

“What others?” Esmerelda asked. “I only see those that failed me. There are no others.” With that, the doors closed, sealing up, a moment later, the power failed, killing all left.

Wren laughed as she saw that at least two of her missiles hit her bitch mother-in-laws ship. Her smile, though, was short-lived as she saw that the female got off the ship.

“Get us inside the shields,” Wren said as the ship entered a portal.

On Ceti-5, the masters were adjusting the shields and weapons for further action by the Empire. A moment later, several alarms went off causing them to tense, then relax when Wren’s ship appeared.

“It appears that she has returned,” Flugret said as her ship moved to land.

“Good, perhaps she can release more of us, so we can stand better,” Rena said, a slightly worried look on her face.

It was true that the Chrysalis was stable for the first time in hundreds of years. The thing was that if it started to de-stabilize again, it might go down faster.

A few minutes later, Wren walked into the command building the seven females meeting her. “How bad are things now?” Rena asked.

“Hmmm better, we have about forty-five fewer ships to worry about. Esmerelda is far madder than she was, considering I destroyed two command ships. They think they have better weapons when they don’t. So, not that bad after all,” Wren laughed.

Rena and the other female’s mouths were hanging open,” perhaps we should test you again. Your levels seem to be higher than we at first thought,” Rena said.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close