Made to Do Completed - Cover

Made to Do Completed

Copyright© 2019 by Yob

Chapter 3: Explanations by Coloring Book

When the lieutenants returned they seemed straightened, adjusted, properly cool and distant, and the minimal cosmetic they wore was freshened. It was the time for letting hair down.

“Originally, I was part of the team that discovered the nanobots. If you want to see my ego wall sometime, it’s packed in several boxes in storage. Never was on display. My education is, I’m embarrassed I’ll appear bragging.” Lt Halke began.

“Then please allow me!” offered Doc, “I did a quick bio search on both of you when we were informed to expect you coming. Both of you are very dark. All I could discover is ranks and educational credentials. Lieutenant Halke has a double Ph.D. in Quantum Physics and Astrophysics, double master’s in Aerodynamics and Astronomy, and a double major in Structural Engineering and Cybernetics for her undergrad BS degree. Lieutenant Cruz is a Rhodes Scholar with three master’s degrees, in Anthropology, Archeology, Psychology and a BA in history, specializing in Medieval and European History. May I ask why three masters instead of taking at least one to a Ph.D?” Doc was curious.

“You left off number four, nearly finished! Master’s in Comparative Religions. Master’s, regardless of the quantity, assure I’ll keep researching in the field. A Ph.D would have me institutionalized. Incarcerated in an ivory tower in academia parsing the research of others, while I’d much prefer to research myself! Attending boring fund-raising events with rich donors, having to beg for government grants on behalf of my institution, and they expect success at it, and expected to publish at least once every year!” Lt. Cruz laughed, “Thank you, No!” Lieutenant Halke.?

Lieutenant Halke took her cue. “I know you and Olé have been to the past, vicariously, as cyborg clone constructs. You are very highly regarded, you know? The directors have enormous faith in your integrity, stability, and courage under fire! Both of you! Enough to trust your instincts and personae, to guide a killing machine in pre-history.”

“Only very limited telemetric data could be transmitted back to your consoles. You knew the cyborg was alive, stationary or moving, and you could emotionally sense to a limited degree stress or distress or well being. That was all. Did I cover everything?”

“You nailed it Lieutenant.” Doc was impressed she had access to this top top super secret information.

“Are you curious about what happened to your cyborgs earlier today?” Lt. Halke asked.

“Yeah, you bet,” both answered.

“Seems we have a consensus. I’ll demonstrate. Pass me the black pepper please?” She poured what remained of several water glasses into her emptied coffee mug, filling it. She generously sprinkled black pepper across the surface of the water. “Now observe.” Lieutenant Halke invited as she prepared to lightly touch her finger in the center. She said “BOOM!”as she touched the water and all the pepper fled instantly, in an rapidly expanding circle, racing to the perimeter of the mug.

“Woah! Wow! That’s cool. How did you do that?”

“A drop of hand detergent on my finger tip.” Halke waved her finger in a magical orbit. Studied it admiringly, “Acquired it when I was in the ladies.”

“You were planning this demonstration while you were in the ladies room?” Olé was incredulous.

“Before.” she admitted, dropping her hand.

“How does that explain what happened to the cyborgs?” Doc was a little confused.

“Imagine that drop of detergent is a drop of antimatter, generous gift of the nanobots?”

“Damn!” they chorused.

Lieutenant Halke continued, “About the nanobots, there is little I am allowed to tell you, except this much. They are not in the same universe as we are, but the parallel universes touch and a tiny microscopic bit of, a corner of a nanobot can exist in our space time. That’s why they appear so small yet can accomplish so much. They’re actually quite large and complicated, somewhere else. And time in our universe is a physical dimension in their universe. Walking across the room for them is traversing the eons in our space/time. Or something along that order.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close