Aliens and Cowboys
Reality Realized

Copyright© 2019 by KKindle

“Mark! Mark! Hello ... Earth to Mark!”, Annabelle was speaking to him.

Mark jumped and said, “Sorry! What did I miss?”

Annabelle asked, “You zoned out, what were you up to?”

Mark told everyone, “Those guys are trying to sneak in through the trees by the trailhead.”

Maren asked, “How do you know that? Are we in danger?”

Mark answered, “No, we’re in no danger, I just told them to go home or to knock themselves out trying. One guy rushed the perimeter, so he got knocked him out.”

Maren was confused, “But you were right here!”

Annabelle explained, “He was doing it with his mind and his AI.”

Maren bowed her head, “You have an AI? You truly are the King! Sir!”

Mark furrowed his brow, “Maren, I told you to stop with the whole king thing!”

Joe was confused, “What’s all this king stuff about?”

Liyana then spoke up, “Mark is the rightful King of the Atlantean Federation, an AI only communicates with a King or Queen with royal blood. Nobody has heard from an AI in more than a century and our society has become rather stagnant under the rule of Prince Sebastian.”

Kat asked, “So if this Prince Sebastian is in charge, why doesn’t he have an AI?”

Liyana explained, “He is not of the royal bloodline, he was simply a stepson of our last king. After his death, they sought out heirs with the royal bloodline but, mysteriously, any heirs they found, seemed to meet with an untimely fate. Everyone suspects that the Prince was behind it, but nothing could ever be proven. Eventually, when no descendants could be found, they gave the throne to him until an heir could be found or until his death, when they would hold an election. That was over 100 years ago!”

Kat said amazed, “100 years! I can’t imagine he’s going to want to willingly give up his seat of power, and it sounds like killing potential heirs isn’t beyond him.”

Liyana responded, “Probably not, which is why we really need to get Mark back to Atlanterra, so he can officially become a citizen and be crowned, and I think Solara’s protective belts will prevent Mark meeting an untimely demise!”

Mark held up his hand, “Just a minute everybody.”

Cricket, if I leave Earth, can you still monitor things here or do you come with me?

Cricket explained, “I will always be with you! The code that does the monitoring is already just a fork of my code not a true AI, it’s more like a robot, it can do a programmed task, but needs to communicate with me for any updates and changes. It will remain here protecting the ranch indefinitely.

Mark said, “I’m back, just had to check on something.”

Annabelle asked, “Were you checking on those guys?”

Mark explained, “No, I was asking Cricket if she would she still be able to monitor the security here at the ranch if I leave Earth. She says she can.”

Maren asked, “Who is Cricket?”

Annabelle explained, “That’s what he calls his AI. It’s a reference to a children’s story called Pinocchio, where a cricket acts like a conscience to a puppet.”

Mark suggested, “Well, enough about me. Let’s get back to discussing changes to the lodge.”

Joe then asked, “I still want to upgrade the lodge, but if you’re going to leave to be the King, maybe we won’t need to make the lodge as big? Would you girls be staying here or going with Mark?”

Before the girls could answer, Liyana spoke up, “Joe, I think you should consider some other factors regarding how big to expand your lodge. Your ranch is going to be the safe place for aliens on this planet, even if you don’t upgrade the lodge too much, maybe you would like to consider your other plan of building a community of cabins, or maybe even a campground?”

Joe pondered, “Hmmm, more to think about.”

Everyone soon finished their meals as they helped Maria and Sofia clean the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher.

After supper, Mark checked in with Cricket, “So how are the guys doing?

Cricket answered, “They’re still trying to find a hole in the perimeter.”

Mark asked, “I’m going to walk out there and see them. Where are they?

Cricket replied, “They are currently in the trees across from the house.”

Mark asked the girls, “Anyone feel like taking a walk with me, to go visit some persistent little pests?”

Everyone replied, “Sure!”

Mark whispered something to Maren, who then returned to the hangar and house via the underground tunnel system.

The rest of the group followed Mark out to the clearing, the group made enough noise that the guys could hear them coming, so they were all hiding among the trees.

Mark told everyone to stay there while he approached the guys.

Cricket, let me know when I’m standing right at the edge of the shield.”

Cricket said, “You’re wearing Solara’s belt, you’re always protected, but the protective shield goes up to the tree line.

Mark announced, “Guys, you can show yourselves, it’s not like we don’t know you’re there.”

One by one the 4 men revealed themselves, all with weapons pointed at Mark.

The guy that must have been the leader ordered, “Mark Phoenix, we have been ordered to bring you in.”

“Under whose authority and under what charges?”

“CSIS!”

“That would the who, but you still haven’t told me the why.”

“Conspiring with hostile forces and potential security threats against our country.”

“Do these beautiful women here look hostile to you? You no doubt saw the interview, they’re not here to cause problems, they literally just want to live in peace,” Mark then paused to let that sink in, “Tell you what! Get your leaders to come to the ranch and we can talk all civilized like.”

Mark turned to leave and, as soon as his back was turned, one of them took a shot. It was stopped by the shield, so the man shot twice more.

Mark turned around to face the men, “Shooting someone in the back? My faith in human intelligence has been shattered. You guys really are stupid aren’t you? Let me make a call, maybe then you’ll think before doing something so stupid again,” as he tapped his wrist and called Maren.

When she accepted the call, Cricket broadcast her hologram full size, via one of the drones, “My King! It is an honour to speak with you. How can I be of assistance?”

Mark asked, “These gentlemen just tried to shoot me! Can you explain to them why that isn’t a very wise thing to do and why they should leave this ranch and family alone?”, as he made the motion to have Maren look out toward the men.

Maren stood at attention and said, “Gentlemen, you just made an attempt on the life of the King of the Atlantean Federation. That could be construed as an act of war, fortunately, since no harm was done, consider this your first AND ONLY warning! This ranch and the lands owned by it as well as the people who live on it, are under the protection of the Atlantean Federation. Should anything happen to them, there will be consequences!”

Maren then returned to look at Mark, and asked, “Is there anything else I can do for you, my King?”

“Yes, do you know when the embassy will be ready?”

“It will be ready for occupation within 5 Earth days. Is there anything else I can do for you, my King?”

Mark said, “That will be all, thank you!”, as Maren bowed to him and ended the call.

The leader said, “She called you her king?”

Mark laughed, “I know right! Apparently, I’m some long lost descendant of one of the original Kings of Atlantis. So once the embassy is established, I will be leaving for Atlanterra to attend my official coronation. So, if your leaders want to talk, tell them to come to the ranch, without weapons, and Liyana and I will talk with them. They have until I leave Earth, as I’m not sure when I’ll be back after that. By the way, you guys definitely won’t get in with weapons but, even without weapons, you can only come in through the lane during business hours. So you might as well just go home. Have a good night!”

Mark then rejoined the group and they walked over to the house.

Upon entering the house, Maren was talking to another woman. She was quite an attractive woman, kind of reminded Mark of Cortana from the Halo video game, except in a Federation uniform.

Mark asked, “Hi Maren, who is your friend?”

Maren smiled, “She’s actually your friend! That’s Cricket!”

Mark was surprised, “Whoa! Cricket you’ve got a body! You’re cute!”

Cricket smiled, “Since the drones can project holograms, I figured I should have an avatar, as that’s much better than speaking through invisible drones all over the place.”

Mark nodded, “I agree, I like it! So have you added yourself into my contacts?”

“No, it does not work that way as I don’t have a physical identity, but now that I’m integrated with the Federation network I can make myself appear via any drone. By the way, those guys are making their way back to their vehicles.”

Mark sighed, “Good, now we can relax!”

Annabelle laughed, “I don’t think you’re going to get much relaxing done, you have a very horny bunny right here,” pointing to Maren’s exposed skin that had a pink blush to it.

“Hmmm, does this blush go all over?”, Mark said, as he spun the chair she was sitting in around to face him and then started to undo the zipper down the front of her jacket, exposing a big V down to her belly button. Maren was taking deep breaths and almost quivering with anticipation.

Mark said, “It does appear to be an all over blush!”, as he kissed her lips and traced his finger down the edge of the V her jacket made, meeting just above her navel.

He then started working his fingers up the edge of the jacket with his index finger sliding against her skin under the jacket. His fingers brushed across her nipples, eliciting a little squeak from her. As he reached her shoulders he slipped the jacket off letting it fall away enough that her breasts were now exposed. Another squeak escaped her lips as Mark smiled and kissed her neck while moving his fingers to tease her tiny pink nipples.

At that moment, Maren came. It was a silent cum, she wrapped her arms and legs around Mark, as her body twitched and spasmed. Once her orgasm subsided, her eyes were almost twinkling as she moaned, with the biggest smile in the world.

Annabelle smiled and said, “We better get this bunny to bed before she passes out.”

They woke up at their usual time, with everyone in a good spirits after the sexual activities of the previous night. They gave each other good morning kisses, before heading off to the washroom for their morning ablutions. Then they got dressed to start their day.

Mark and Annabelle invited Maren to spend the day with them, but she declined the invite, saying she had duties to return to on the orbiter. She gave them both a kiss, before departing for her shuttle.

Mark promised he would see her again soon, hoping to spend more time with her on the trip back to Atlanterra.

He wasn’t sure who would be coming along for the trip actually. He hoped that Annabelle would come and the girls sort of had to come along, as that was their initial destination. He then thought they should invite Elisha and Gerald, so they could record or possibly broadcast from there. He doubted Joe or Kat would come since they didn’t know how long they would be gone. Jason likely wouldn’t come either as he still had school and needed to keep his grades up, Annabelle was consistently at the top of her class and could probably catch up or work ahead quite easily.

Mark and Annabelle then headed to the lodge to start their day with the morning workout. They had decided to try a different workout this morning. One that was 45 minutes in length, since they now had Maria making breakfast.

After the workout, was showers and then down to breakfast. The smell of bacon overwhelming any desires for quickies.

The morning breakfast was the usual, what’s everyone got planned today, and then general chit chat. At 7am the alarms went off to start the chores.

Joe looked at his watch and shook his head, “I guess we really don’t need to start so early anymore, it doesn’t take very long to turn the horses out or do the chores now. Why don’t we all delete that alarm and we’ll just work off the clock in the office?”

Everyone said that sounded like a good idea, as they deleted that alarm from their phones, then Joe and Mark went out to do the chores.

There was no crowd of people anymore, they had all went next door, plus they had put a gate at the end of the lane. One that Kat could control by a button in the office and then it opened automatically when cars were leaving the lane after hours. They also posted an actual hours of operation sign at the lane entrance, 8am to 8pm.

Feeding and mucking didn’t take long with the new system Solara created. Mucking the stalls was super easy now that there was a disposal track that ran along the back wall of the stall, under the hay, feed and water trough, so once the horse was out of the stall you just go in with a squeegee or broom and push everything to the disposal track. Then everything was done from the upper floor where the hay, straw and feed was stored. Each stall had a chute for hay, a smaller chute for any special feed and automatic waterers. Then open a trap door for each stall and throw down some new bedding.

She offered to automate turning out the horses, by making a remote control to open and close the gates to the paddocks and pastures. Joe didn’t mind the partially automated mucking as that was a shitty job anyway, but he initially kiboshed the automated gate idea, stating, “There’s some things you just don’t automate at a ranch and gates are one of them, because then it’s not a ranch, it’s a feedlot!”

After thinking about it for a while, he decided maybe that wasn’t such a bad idea. Not so much for turning the horses out in the morning, but it made bringing them in at night easier, plus if Annabelle and Jason both ended up leaving the ranch, it would make it so that one person could do the job.

Once the chores were done, they returned to the lodge for some coffee.

It was Monday morning and the lodge only had a few people in it, almost all were reporters or correspondents for one news network or another. The chaos of the weekend behind them, with any luck, things would be back to normal soon.

Solara joined them as they were drinking their coffee. She had brought a holocube with a design of the lodge, incorporating almost all of the upgrades that everyone had decided on and wanted to show Joe.

Joe suggested going over it in the living quarters away from the prying eyes of reporters. Mark stopped by the office and told Kat to join them in the living quarters.

Once everyone was present and the door closed, Solara turned the holocube on and everyone walked around and studied it for a minute.

The lodge itself had been upgraded to look like an old square fort. Solara had taken out the living quarters, gym and workout area and expanded the kitchen. There were square staircases that went from the basement to a covered lookout tower on each corner, except the main entrance. There were still 5 rooms on each wing, a double queen room on each end with king rooms in the middle. All of the rooms were slightly bigger now that they all had their own bathrooms.

The lobby now was just open to the courtyard area and the kitchen now spanned the width of the wing with a concession stand type window open to the courtyard and another one open to the outside, complete with a force field to keep dust and insects out. So rather than sitting down and dishing up, it was more soup kitchen style where you grab your plate and cutlery, dish up, then go sit down and eat.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close