Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 4

Bzzt bzzt bzzt,,,, bzzt bzzt bzzt,,,, bzzt bzzt bzzt,,,,

That damn alarm again! Shit, 6:00 am. Time to get up if I’m going to meet Mark and Dean at 8 am. Their meeting Sam should be interesting. Speaking of Sam I wonder what she did to keep busy all night? I take care of the 3 s’s and head for the kitchen and coffee. I am so glad I bought this programmable coffee pot as it is ready by the time I make it to the kitchen in the morning.

“Good morning DD. How did you sleep?”

“Good morning Sam. Getting to sleep was the hard part. Mom and Dad’s deaths finally hit me and it took a while and a lot of tears before I fell asleep.

I know they would love all that we accomplished yesterday, it just really sucks that they had to die for them to happen. But I know what they would want me to do now. “Take care of the living first” is something they always said so that is what I will do. I hope I can do it right though.”

I pour myself a coffee and grab a pre-made fruit bowl out of the fridge. Huh, last one. I’ll need to remember to get more.

“I’m sure you will do your best DD and remember you will have a lot of help.”

“I know and thanks, Sam. Hey if you need anything please let me know. I have no idea if you need anything like ‘food” and if you did I have no idea what it would be.”

“All we need is energy DD but thanks for asking.”

I dump the plastic bowl the fruit came in into the garbage and pour another coffee before going to sit in the living room. I turn on the TV to see the news but it appears to be more bs news stories so I turn the TV off.

“What did you do all night Sam?”

“I did some online shopping DD!” Hahaha. “I looked at pictures of women and women’s clothes on the internet and now have a whole wardrobe of different clothes I can form into as well as 3 female forms I think you will like. Would you like to see them?”

Hahaha aieee! “Let a female loose shopping and watch out!” Hahaha. “I don’t think we have time to see all the clothes right now Sam, but show me the 3 female forms you like. In clothes please,” hahaha.

The first female form is an elf princess and while she looked good I told her an elf princess wouldn’t really work on Earth at the moment. The second form was a famous model that was still alive! The third one she showed me was the one I immediately wanted her to keep. My favorite redhead from an adult graphx artist site! 165cm tall, around 52kg in weight, nice 34c’s, apple borderline bubble butt, long red hair to her shoulders, bright green eyes, and firm and toned looking body. Too damn bad she wasn’t solid! Hahaha.

“I see you like this one DD.”

“Smirk all you want Sam. Yes, I do like that one. If that is the body you want I have no problem with it. You do make her look more real than the pics on the website too. You may want to dress in something other than a see-through gown when in public though. I’d hate to see you cause an accident hehehe.”

“You mean something like this DD?”

Fuck! I damn near dropped my coffee cup! Sam had changed into high heels, stockings, garter belt, panties and push up bra! All in black and incredibly hot looking!

“Ooh, I know you like this one” giggle giggle.

“Damn Sam I’ll admit that looks hot! But you need to change and we need to get going to the office. I’m meeting Mark and Dean at 8, and then I have 2 classes this afternoon from 1 pm to 4 pm.

Shit, I need to see if everything is still good for moving Mom and Dad to the funeral home on Wednesday as well. I had always thought it was a little morbid to pick out your own urn but they did so and are even going to share it. Even after death, they will be together.”

“DD when we are at the office why don’t you introduce me to Diane and I can keep in touch with her about Wednesday and the Service on Saturday for you. I’ll help keep things doable for you so you don’t get overloaded. You don’t need that right now. When is your spring break? 3 weeks?”

“Sounds good Sam. Yes, spring break is in 3 weeks. I’ll introduce you to Diane as my Personal Assistant but not as a “Furst’ yet. I’d like to keep things involving the agreement known to only a few for now. I’ll let people know we are working on “compensation” but not the details. For now. Once we have more of it taken care of and firmer plans, I’ll let the employees know and tell the world if I have to. You good with that?”

“Yes, I am DD. Is this a better look for the office?”

Sam had changed into a cream-colored skirt that came to her lower thigh, a white button-up collared shirt, a white and gold belt looped through the skirt, and low heel black women’s pumps.

“That looks great, Sam. Ready to go?”

“If I’m missing something I’ll just disappear DD hahaha. Kidding! Let’s go, Sire!”

Grrrr ... I just gave her the evil eye look. She looked properly chastised. Yeah right!

We arrived at the offices building at 7:40 so I took Sam around and introduced her as my PA. Everyone gave their condolences and wanted to know if they could help in any way. I thanked them and asked that they just keep doing the great work for Dean and I that they did for my parents. I let them know that the company was going to continue as normal though I did have some new things in the works for the future.

We passed by Diane’s office and I made sure to introduce her to Sam, explaining that Sam would be handling my schedule and making sure I didn’t get overwhelmed. I told Diane if she needed any help with transferring my parents to the funeral home or with the Service itself, she could call Sam and Sam would help with whatever she needed. I told her I’d be buying Sam a cell before my classes today and Sam would contact her with the number.

I excused ourselves to Diane telling her we had a meeting with Dean and Mark and had to get going.

“Um DD?”

“Yes, Sam?”

“You don’t need to buy me a cell phone. I wouldn’t be able to hold it anyways. I can use energy to make and receive a call the same as if I used a phone though.”

“Ah shit, I never thought about you not being able to hold the phone. How would someone be able to call you though?

“Easy enough, we buy an actual cell phone and chip and use its number. I can detect whenever the number is called and answer pretending to use the phone.”

“Ok as long as you are sure it will work.”

Our conversation ended just as we arrived at Mark’s office.

“Good morning Mark, how are things this morning?”

“Good morning DD, things are good both personally and professionally. How are you doing this morning? I hope you managed to get some sleep?”

“Things are going Mark, yesterday was so busy I didn’t have time to dwell on my parent’s death until I went to bed. But yes I did get to sleep, eventually. There is so much to tell but let’s wait until Dean arrives so I only have to say it once.”

“And speak of the devil here is Dean now.”

We passed good mornings all around then sat down and got down to business.

“First I know you are wondering who this young lady is I have with me, so I would like to introduce you to Samantha, my PA. Before you say anything there is a story to tell about our meeting but it shall not be repeated to anyone until I say so. I want both of you to tell me you understand this.”

“Ok DD I’ll keep it to myself until you say different.”

“Mark?”

“I don’t like this DD. Neither you nor your parents EVER mentioned Samantha before and suddenly she is your new PA. I have many questions that I hope you will explain. I will need her full name, ID, birth certificate, etc to do a background check on her. I’ll keep my mouth closed for now but want you to know I have reservations and will be watching her until she passes my background check.”

“Fair enough Mark, but you won’t find anything about her doing a background check and it will be hard for you to watch her if you can’t see her.”

“Sam, can you disappear for a second?”

“Sure DD.”

I thought Mark and Dean were going to have heart attacks when Sam slowly disappeared. Dean jumped out of his chair knocking it over and then knocking a plant off its perch while Mark’s head looked as if on a swivel while his hand went to the butt of the pistol on his hip.

“Settle down Mark. No need for the weapon. Dean, come back, sit down and I’ll explain Sam. I thought it would be better to show you both right off the bat so you’d have an easier time believing the rest.”

“Sam, please return now and meet Mark and Dean.”

Sam quickly reappeared and while both men flinched a bit, neither did anything else but look at Sam.

“Good morning gentlemen. DD named me Samantha but please call me Sam. It is a pleasure to meet you both. I believe you are in for a bit of a shock when you hear DD’s story but remember it can all be proven.”

I then tell them both everything that happened yesterday and suffice to say they were indeed shocked.

“Ok, you now know everything that I do. Do you have any questions for Sam or myself at this time?”

“Well, I see what you mean about the background check and not being able to watch her, though you should know Sam that DD’s safety is my priority concern right now. Anyone, including you Sam, that tries to harm him will pay for their attempt.”

“DD is now Guardian Prime and 1st of the Furst Mark. He has taken on more responsibilities than you can imagine. He took on the Confederacy over the death of his parents and won. He has taken on responsibility for Arkadia and all 3 Guardian Solar Systems, AND, agreed to become 1st of the Furst, our Ruler.

You know he wants to help fight and defeat the Swarm. He now has a far better chance to do so than he ever had before, even immediately after he made his agreement with the Confederacy.

Eventually, all this will put him in dangerous situations which may cost him his life but know this, there are millions and millions and millions of Furst watching out for him and we will do our best to give him the best of whatever he needs, so that he may do what he needs to do and have the best chance to survive.

He also knows that the people that work for his company will continue to do their best as they did for his parents.

My point is Mark, that there are many of us that will do our best to help DD. And yes I include you and Dean as well.”

“Well, I guess you done told me, little girl!” Mark says while laughing out loud.

“Mark, I want you to consider being in charge of the Guardians on Arkadia. As you know the Guardians will provide Law and Justice on Arkadia and I can’t think of anyone with more honor and integrity than you, so it’s you I want for the job. We will talk more about this later but just think about it. If you don’t want the job, think of someone you can recommend for it.”

“Ok DD, I’ll definitely think about it. I may be a little too old for the job though don’t you think?”

“Mark, from my understanding the Confederacy tech can’t hold a candle to Arkadian tech. I’m sure we could make even you young and spry again,” hahaha.

“Also Mark, have someone from Security drive by the house and check on it every now and then. I’ll go over next week for some mementos and to pack up things to be given away. I’m going to stay in my apartment though. I won’t be living in the house.”

“Dean, do you have any questions right now?”

“Yes DD, if you are going to be getting things set up for taking people to Arkadia do you have any immediate plans for the company here on Earth? Will you keep the company here open or take everyone to Arkadia?”

“Good question Dean. I think I have to wait and see how many employees want to go to Arkadia, or how many I want to take. If a vast majority wants to go I’ll probably shut down the company or sell it off.

We’ve also got to think about what the Business/Work climate will look like in a few years. Right now the Swarm are far, far away and everything is good. How will people’s attitudes change as the Swarm get closer and closer, and they haven’t been, or for some won’t ever be, extracted?

I remain committed to Arkadia R&D continuing to help fight the Swarm but it may have to be from Arkadia. I am moving the Weapons Department to Arkadia though. I would not want any Government trying to take anything we develop, even though no Arkadian tech or plans for Arkadian tech will be kept on Earth.

I asked you to run the company for the foreseeable future and still want you to. I will say that the foreseeable future now looks more like permanently, and I think you are the person for the job. Think about it and if you agree we can make an announcement sometime next week.”

“I don’t need to think about my answer DD. You know Marsha would kill me if I said no.”

“Great Dean. We’ll make an announcement next week and go over a contract and perks beforehand if that’s good for you. I just thought of another thing you might want to ask Marsha about ... buying my parent’s house.”

“That’s fine by me DD. The company, meaning your parents and you, has always treated me right. I can’t see you not continuing to do so.

And you know Marsha and I would love to have your parents place. It is a stunning house on a beautiful property. We can talk about that next week as well if you want to.”

“Sounds good to me Dean. Anything else? Anyone?”

“Yes DD there is one thing I think I should mention.”

“Go ahead, Sam.”

“Dean, Mark, you both should think about whether you still want to join the Confederacy or not. I don’t know your CAP scores so I have no idea if either of you qualified as a sponsor. If you did qualify with a score of 6.5 or better and said yes when asked to volunteer, if you are in an “extraction” you would have to go.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close