Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 30

I am having an awesome breakfast after my training and shower, of 3 HUGE strawberry crepes with whipped cream and a double side of hickory-smoked bacon. Freakin delicious! And even more so when a person doesn’t have to worry about fats, cholesterol, and all that other crap!

Sam appears in front of me and says with a smirk on her face, “so you thought you were hot stuff last night huh? Bringing Dalilah to bed unconscious, then trying to do the same to us. Well we showed you, didn’t we? You were out like a light after only 72 minutes!”

2-2 and 2-3 appear alongside Sam as I reply grinning, “Girls, you 3 are energy beings. My trying to outlast you 3 would be like trying to outlast the Energizer bunny.” They had confused looks on their faces as I get up and dump my stuff in the recycler.

“What’s that mean DD?” all 3 ask at once to which I laughingly reply “Google is your friend!” and head to our suite to quickly get changed for our meeting this morning.

After changing I lean down and give Dalilah a good morning wake-up kiss. “C’mon sleepy head. Rise and shine baby, time to get up.”

A smile appears on her face as she stretches, the sheet sliding down exposing one of her luscious breasts. Oh lord, what I would do if I didn’t have to go to a meeting!

“Good morning love. Mmmm, I think that was the best sleep I have ever had.” She slipped the rest of the way out of bed and pulled my head down for a better kiss. I could see the love in her eyes as she said, “you are everything I could ever have wished for in a mate.” She looks over my shoulder at our lovers and continues, “and you 3 are the cherries on top.”

I hear “aw honey you are so sweet” as the other 3 loves of my life help Dalilah to the shower. I SWEAR I also heard someone say in a whisper, “but there are no cherries anymore cause DD took them” then just loud giggling!

“Sam are you ready to head down?”

I jump as Sam appears right beside me, “ready whenever you are DD,” she says then pulls my head down for a quick kiss.

“Ok, the Commanders had nothing to report this morning. Did anyone have anything for you? And can you get all the details and specs for that motor yacht I looked at last night and send it to Ryker to have built and ready for when we arrive? Get the web Furst to put it on the website and see what people’s reactions to it are. It can be made so it doesn’t use gas or diesel or anything like right?”

“No one had anything out of the ordinary to report this morning DD. It looks like everything is going smoothly so far.

The motor yacht you looked at last night is Arkadian and not from Earth so Ryker has the plans for it already. It will need to be modified a little to use the newest APS and electronics gear, but that should not present a problem. Do you want it in Guardian Prime colors?”

“Awesome, thanks Sam. Have it painted in the same color scheme as the Wayward Son, with the main body coloring in white with thin crimson striping running alongside a wider black striping. I think it will look better on the boat than the black and crimson Guardian Prime colors.”

“Ryker now knows and will send an image of how it will look later this afternoon. Now, are YOU ready to go,” Sam laughingly asks?

‘Yes let’s go. Marks office first please.”

We find out Mark is out of the office for a few days at a Security seminar. It seems there is a rumor that the Confederacy may start giving the Earth militaries advanced weapons and Security firms are meeting with the military about the possibility of getting a few for training and use of course. Mark is also going to see about getting some for R&D purposes. Though of course, this is ALL just a rumor right now.

We head to Dean’s office stopping to talk to Karen, asking her how she has been feeling since the Medical Checkup. She tells us she feels 20 years younger and is looking forward to going to Arkadia and living a less stressed life. When Sam asks, Karen explains that since learning about the Swarm, many people are very stressed about getting off Earth, what’s going to happen to them if they don’t, and if they have families how they can get their families off Earth and safely out of the Swarms way.

She says that living on Arkadia and being so far away from the path of the Swarm, along with the videos of DD kicking Swarm ass, will relieve all of the stress caused by the Swarm. Then people will only have the stress of living!

Karen takes us into Dean’s office where we talk a little about the Confederacy and when will they actually GIVE advanced weapons and tech to Earth governments.

The contingent from XYZ Company arrives and after the pleasantries are done we get down to discussing the possibility of their purchasing Arkadia R&D. They are interested in the entire company, to include all offices, labs, and projects worldwide.

“Well, gentlemen I will tell you that I am interested in selling if the right offer comes along. As you probably know I am in the process of packing up and leaving Earth for the foreseeable future. I will be upfront with you and tell you right now that there is no information or projects underway for my planet Arkadia or any alien race, nor any projects that use Arkadian or alien tech in any way, shape, or form.

Knowing this, is XYZ still interested in purchasing Arkadia R&D? And just for my own curiosity, would the company retain its name, or would it be changed to XYZ R&D?”

“Your statement is noted but doesn’t change our interest in buying your company DeDeus. We are authorized to make a sincere offer of $600 million US Dollars, subject to confirmation of Arkadia’s financial situation matching our information. And we would be changing the name to XYZ R&D.

I am told that you and Dean you would have a pretty good idea if our information about Arkadia’s financial situation was in the ballpark if we showed it to you,” he said as he handed Dean and I what appeared to be a financial review.

Dean started looking through his while I looked quickly through the summary. I saw that the totals in each category looked about right from what I remembered from the last statements I saw.

I pulled Dean to the side and told him that the information in the summary looked like the same information in the last financial statements I had seen. He said that if that was true then they knew they were still low in their offer. I told him I was going to ask for more and see if they’d settle around $750 million.

Yeah, I know I said I’d take $600 mil but you NEVER accept the first offer! Hehehe.

“Well, I have to say your information looks pretty accurate. I can’t speak as to the details in your information, but the end results appear to be in the ballpark, though on the low side. If XYZ upped their offer to $900 million US, and I retained all rights to the company name, Arkadia R&D, I do believe we’d have ourselves a deal.”

I figured they’d have to call and get that kind of number authorized and they asked if they could have a few minutes to discuss things with the home office.

“Sam, can you monitor their call? Who they call and what is said?”

“Easily DD.”

“Please do so and let me know what was said before we meet them again.”

“Will do boss”

“No problem gentlemen. We’ll leave you here if you like and go have a coffee with Karen in the outer office. Just open the door whenever you are ready to resume.”

We went out and stood around with our coffees, Dean whispering to me he is very curious as to what they are saying in there and is surprised it is going so quickly. Most times the selling and buying of big companies like Arkadia take months.

I agreed but whispered back that XYZ must have coughed up some big bucks to get the information that they showed us, so they probably have every bit of information about the company that is available.

“DD, they have called one of the politicians that we are watching, and conference called with the others. They have told the politicians that you told them that there are no projects for your planet Arkadia or any alien race, nor is there any alien tech of any kind in use by the company.

The politicians tell them you must be lying as why else would an alien race give you a planet to rule? The politicians tell them to counter with $800 million US and if I turn them down they will just have to “Nationalize” the company.

The call has ended DD”

“Awesome Sam! Thank you!”

The door to Dean’s office opens and they ask us to come back inside.

“DeDeus, Dean, we have been told to up XYZ’s offer to $800 million US and that it was the final offer.”

I looked at Dean and Sam, then over at the XYZ contingent, smiled, and held out my hand to shake theirs saying, “gentlemen I believe we have ourselves a deal,” as I shook each of their hands in turn.

“DeDeus, Dean, we have here a simple “Offer to Purchase” form here that we just need to fill out the amount for. We have this and $10,000 USD cash in “good faith money” so that you won’t enter into negotiations with anyone else while waiting for this to be completed. I wrote on the bottom of the OTP after our call that XYZ would change the company name to XYZ R&D, and that you retained all rights to the company name Arkadia R&D.”

“Ok, we have no problem with that. I’ll read it over while Dean calls Diane from Legal to come and have a quick look.”

Dean calls Diane who arrives quickly asking us what the heck we are doing discussing this kind of business without her or anyone from Legal around. I look over at her, smile, and mouth, “yes Mom”, while she’s looking over both Offer sheets.

“Ok I’ll let it go this time you 2 but don’t let there be a next time,” Diane says shaking her finger at Dean and I. This is a simple, straight forward Offer to Purchase Arkadia R&D and all its assets worldwide for the sum of $800 million US dollars, subject to confirmation of Arkadia’s financial situation matching the financial information as per the attached document provided by XYZ. Is this the document you saw? DD? Dean?”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close