Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 33

Sunday woohoo! Sunday! Up and at ‘em! I grab a coffee from Chef and he asks me if he can talk to me about something. I tell him he sure can.

“Sire I have come up with the subject matter for a 10 month AI course that I would like your approval to teach to our new citizen students at Arkadia University. I have limited the theory for the course to be taught as we had previously discussed, to 1 generation above the best Confederacy AIs, which currently are T’ull AIs. Whenever you have the time I would ask that you look over the subject matter and course as I have prepared it, and let me know if you approve or of any changes you want.”

“Well Chef, I can most certainly do that but let me ask you this. Are you completely, 100% happy with the entire course as you have prepared it? Or is there anything else you want to include in it?”

“Sire, I can honestly tell you that I am 100% happy with the course I have come up with. I will admit that I’d love to teach more advanced theory but I agree with you that now is not the time for that, and given the very limited AI knowledge humans have, there may well be different advances made in the theory because of their way of thinking.”

“Excellent Chef! Then since I know SFA (sweet fuck all) about AI theory and trust that you do, I will approve your course as it is now and the web Furst will list it on the web page. Once Arkadia University is open for the school year you are free to teach your AI course.”

Chef excitedly starts thanking me over and over, then stops abruptly and asks, “excuse me Sire but what does SFA mean? You said that you knew SFA about AI theory. Is that theory I am unaware of?”

I laugh out loud as I reply, “yes Chef I think you are completely unaware of that theory. SFA is an acronym for “sweet fuck all”, meaning I know NOTHING about AI theory. Hahaha.”

Chef laughs with me while saying, “SFA, sweet fuck all, I know nothing, ok I get it!”

“That is good Chef! Now can I get another DD coffee and some food, please? How about we create a custom order we’ll call the “Super Omelet”. Make it a 3 egg omelet with chopped cooked bacon pieces, Italian spicy hot sausage chunks, pepper jack mozzarella and medium cheddar cheeses, chopped green and red peppers, and chopped grilled onions. On the side give me 6 slices of honey and maple bacon, and 500 grams of chopped potato hash browns.”

“Your coffee is ready Sire, and your meal will be in 4 minutes 15 seconds. And thank you again for approving my course.”

“Excellent Chef and you are welcome.”

“Good morning DD, Chef, and what may I ask is Chef “welcome” for this morning?” Sam asks arriving by my side and giving me a quick kiss as I grab my coffee.

“Sire approved my AI course, Sam! He didn’t change anything as he said he knew SFA about AI theory and trusted that I do! I get to teach AI theory to our new citizens at Arkadia University!” Chef excitedly answers before I could get a word out.

“Well of course he would Chef. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know a lot about AI so he would trust you to teach to whatever level you had already talked about. And what is SFA?”

Chef and I both laugh as he tells her what SFA means. I hear the replicator ding telling me my breakfast was ready so I grab it as Sam tells Chef we will all miss him here on the J&J once he starts teaching.

“What do you mean Sam? Why would you miss me? Why wouldn’t I be here on the J&J?” Chef asked.

“You won’t be able to be here if you are teaching at the University Chef. Even us Furst can’t be in 2 places at the same time.”

“I ... I ... I never thought of that. What can I do? I want to teach but I don’t want to not be able to do my duty to you, Sire.” Chef said sounding heartbroken.

“Chef, you know I want you to be happy and I think you would be happier teaching AI theory than you would be staying here. And you would always be welcome here whenever you weren’t teaching.

As far as your duty to me is concerned, your duty can be done by creating an awesome AI for our replicator here, just like you did when creating Casa for our home. As a matter of fact, I want it to be your duty to create an AI that you will be proud to have serve on Arkadia ships.

You are a citizen of Arkadia and it is MY DUTY, to do MY BEST, to give you, the opportunity to live a happy life.”

“Thank you Sire, thank you thank you thank you! Casa is the best AI I have created to date and I would be proud to make copies for use on Arkadia ships and to be your replicator AI. I will set up the AI for your replicator now and we can try it until I start teaching.”

“That sounds good to me Chef. Let me know when you have completed it and we will try it out. Now I am going to eat this wonderful breakfast you made!”

“Hmmm that does look and smell delicious love,” Dalilah says as she walks over giving me a good morning kiss. She then takes the forkful I was just about to eat then says, “Oh that is good. I think I’ll try one. What is it called?”

We hear a new voice state, “Good morning, I am the new AI for this replicator. In answer to your question that is a newly created dish called the Super Omelet.” The voice then listed all the ingredients that make up the dish.

“Woah Chef, that was fast,” I say.

“Yes Sire, I have copies of the Casa AI programming readily available and thought to immediately use one so that there would be time to get accustomed to it while I was still here. I will disperse others after I have talked to the Furst and see if they want an AI to take over for them. I will tell them to watch over them until further notice though.”

“Ah ok, thank you, Chef.

Hmmm, well Mr. new AI, we can’t call you Chef but how about Cookie?”

“Cookie, a nickname for one who cooks. That would be me! Thank you for naming me, Sire.” Cookie responds in a happy-sounding voice.

“You are welcome Cookie.”

“Hi Cookie, I’m Dalilah. Can I get one of those Super Omelets that DD has? I need food. And I’ll have an extra-large V8 juice please.”

“Good morning Dalilah. Would you like the juice now, or with your meal?”

“I’ll have the juice now please.”

“Your juice is available at the dispenser and your meal will be ready in 4 minutes 15 seconds.”

I’m just half-finished mine when we hear the ding indicating Dalilah’s meal is ready. She almost stabs me with her fork when I playfully stick mine near her food as if I was going to take some causing Sam to break up in laughter!

I finish my breakfast and Ryker contacts me to let me know my boat has been completed and will be put in the Marina. He also lets me know there have been no problems reported by the Furst keeping tabs on Queen B and her ship.

He has started another harvest and it should be completed in another 4 weeks. The Marine biologists report that 96.5% of all the Marine life we brought to Arkadia is thriving. They are amazed at the high percentage that has survived the transfer from Earth.

Damn, I had forgotten all about the Marine life we took! I asked if that included all the sperm and eggs and Ryker said that it did. I asked what he thought about having some Mer check over our water bodies and Marine life and give us some recommendations. I thought that they would be the subject matter experts after tasting a little bit of their seafood and listening to what Dalilah has said about them.

Ryker said that the Mer were definitely the subject matter experts, and it would be a great thing if I was able to get some to visit Arkadia and check our waters and marine life.

I told him it was a definite possibility after our trip to Elven as I learned my “properties” on Elven included Mer slaves and that I would be setting them free as soon as I was able to as there was NO WAY I was keeping slaves. I’d offer to pay them to stay and work on Elven for me, or take them to their homeworld if that was what they wanted.

Ryker said he was glad to hear that I didn’t want to keep the slaves though it may be hard to let them stay on Elven, and the last the Furst knew about the Mer homeworld was that it had been contaminated and was unlivable. It was a mostly water world having only 3% land mass and no one had ever lived on it.

I told Ryker I’d find them a new world or let them live on Arkadia if I had to. And Queen B is well aware of my feelings about slavery and that I would not be part of an agreement with races that had slaves.

“But enough about that, I can’t do anything about it for the time being. I would like to talk to you about the time and location for our wedding in Guardian City. I’d like to get married at sunrise in the small park on the point where the beaches of Arkadia Bay and Guardian Bay meet. You probably know which one I’m talking about. It’s right in front of Guardian Hall and the Hall of Justice. I know the park has a fantastic view but does it have a beautiful view of the sunrise?”

“Yes I do know the park Sire and yes it does have a beautiful view of the sunrise. It will be a fantastic spot for your wedding and I will make sure it is in pristine condition Sire.”

“Thank you, Ryker. I feel it is going to happen soon. Everything here is running smoothly, though very quickly, as we are coming to the time when we move everyone to Arkadia.

Another thing I am thinking of is live streaming the wedding back to our Arkadia website on Earth. How much of a delay would there be if we did that? Or would it be better to video the wedding then upload it to the website?”

“Sire, communications through our CSS’s are instantaneous no matter the distance. If you live streamed the wedding back to Earth through the Comms of one of the BC’s that is in Earth’s system, the people on Earth would see it in real-time.”

“Holy crap! I guess I know now how we communicated without any delay during our encounter with the Elven. That is so awesome!”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close