Arkadia - Cover

Arkadia

Copyright© 2020 by SunSeeker

Chapter 34

Everyone was looking out the large observation windows as the Commander said those words and all we saw were spots flash by, then blackness for a second, before we saw spots flash by again, and then we could see the spots were actually stars as it looked like we were slowing down.

“Sire, we have reached the Guardian Solar Systems and will be in orbit around Arkadia in 5 minutes.”

“Thank you Commander, please put us in orbit near the Space Station and give us a good look at it.”

“Yes Sire. Approaching the Arkadia Intergalactic Space Station now.” You could see a silhouette of the Space Station as only minimal lighting was on.

“Good morning Ryker, how are things here this morning?”

“Good morning Sire, ladies, and gentlemen. Everything is great here Sire and all is in order for your wedding. Please let me know when you will be transporting to the wedding location and I will meet you there.”

“Excellent Ryker, thank you. Could you light up the entire exterior of the Space Station for our guests, please? Well for all of us I should say, as other than in photos none of us have seen it.”

“Of course Sire,” Ryker replied and the Space Station quickly lit up in all its glory eliciting many ‘wows’, and ‘oh my’s.’

I quickly explained to everyone who Ryker is and that our space station was just recently completed and so it wasn’t in use yet. It wasn’t as if we were going to have visitors any time soon anyway. Dalilah quips, “other than mother”.

“Ryker, how much longer until sunrise in Guardian City?”

“Sunrise will be in 1 hour and 58 minutes Sire.”

“Ok everyone, we got just under 2 hours to get ready and transport to the wedding location. Shall we go get dressed?

The men’s group will transfer down as soon as we are ready, Sam I’ll let you know when we do, and the ladies group can transport down as soon as you are ready. Sam let me know before you do please.”

“I will, love,” Sam replies as I get a quick kiss from each of my girls as does Dean. We kid Mark about coming stag and not having anyone to kiss then a couple of Security girls pop in and give him a quick kiss on each cheek, smile and then pop out.

I had moved my GFAU to a guest suite along with Dean and Marks suits and we were dressed and ready to go in 30 minutes! I did notice 2 additions on my GFAU jacket and while the one is identifiable as “pilot wings”, the other is a medal with a crimson ribbon with a vertical black stripe just inside each of the outer edges of the ribbon, and a circular, gold, FAC hanging from it. Mark being ex-military tells me they look very good and my uniform doesn’t look barren anymore hahaha.

I want to know what they are for, so who do I call? Sam, of course. “Sam, I see 2 military decorations on my GFAU jacket. I believe one is the Guardian version of “pilot wings”, but I have no idea what the medal with the crimson and black ribbon and gold FAC is for. Please tell me that you know what they are about?”

“Ah yes, I had them put on your GFAU and both will be on your other uniforms when required as well. You are correct that the one is “pilot wings” as you are certified to and have flown FACs. The other with the gold FAC is a Battle Medal that shows you have led the FAC in battle. The FAC would be a different metal if you were part of the battle but had not led it.”

“Ok, I had no idea. Thanks for having them put on for me.”

“You are welcome, love.”

I give Dean the 4 boxes with the wedding bands, showing one to both Mark and Dean, telling Dean he better not lose them! Hahaha.

We figured the girls would be awhile but I asked if Dean and Mark if they wanted to go down now anyways and look around and they said they did.

I let Chef and Cookie know we were going and they informed me they were ready with the food and drinks whenever they were needed.

I let Sam know that we were leaving then contacted Ryker and asked him to transport the 3 of us down to the wedding location and to meet us there.

Even though it was still dark out, the park lighting was on though at a slightly higher intensity than it would normally be so we could see quite clearly. The park looked fantastic! There was a small area to the side that had tables to hold the food and drinks when they were transported down.

Ryker walked over to us and I introduced him to Dean and Mark and they hesitated to try shaking hands until Ryker laughed and held his hand out to them. He said he was going to be in his body for this occasion.

I told him the park looked great and thanked him for getting things set up. He said that the flowers would open with the first touch of the sun and the park would look even more beautiful than it does now.

Mark asked what the big building across the street was and I told him that it was the Hall of Justice and would be of the same significance as the Supreme Court Building in the US.

I faced the Hall of Justice as I said that this park was the on the point separating Guardian Bay, pointing to my right, and Arkadia Bay, pointing to my left. I told them that the area in front of us was the City Center area and was 8 blocks wide by 10 blocks deep, with each block being 200 meters long.

I took them to each side of the park and pointed out the beach and bay areas, and the housing and other buildings in each area. I also explained that the buildings were limited in height beginning at the beachfront, then for 3 blocks back, the height limit decreasing with each block. This way the buildings on the 2nd and 3rd blocks could be built higher and wouldn’t have their ocean and beach views completely blocked.

Sam contacts me saying they are ready and for Ryker to transport Marsha, Karen and Gran now, then they will transport down as soon as the sun starts to rise.

The 3 ladies arrive and Gran takes Mark’s arm as he and Dean show them around the park.

Ryker said that the sun should be coming up soon and we might want to get into our places. We were just in time as the sun peeked above the horizon and the park lights started to dim.

The sun was about halfway visible on the horizon when Sam, Dalilah, 2-2, 2-3, and Sara arrived, and oh my lord did they look stunning!

Their wedding dresses were matching, 2 piece dresses, made of see-through white silk with strategically placed opaque areas. The dress had an off the shoulder midriff-baring crop top with short sleeves and plunging v-neck, and a mermaid style, low waist, floor-length skirt, that hugged their bodies to mid-thigh, with a seductively high side slit. There was a translucent pattern that looked like low profile, dancing flames, bunched together that rise 15cm from the hemline, matching in color with each lady’s 5cm low heel, open toe, strappy wedding sandals.

They looked simply beautiful!

Ryker got the ball rolling welcoming everyone to Guardian City for the first wedding in Guardian City, Arkadia and the Guardian Solar Systems in MANY Centa-Millenia, the wedding of DeDeus Sanderson, Guardian Prime of Arkadia and the Guardian Solar Systems, 1st of the Furst, and Duke of House ‘Sanderson on Elven, to Samantha Furst, 2-2 Furst, 2-3 Furst, and 3rd Princess D’sanderson of Elven.

He welcomed the witnesses and guests there with us in person, as well as those that were watching back on Earth.

“I was told to keep it short so I will now turn it over to our Ruler, Guardian Prime who I have been told has a few words to say.”

I thank everyone for coming and for tuning in back on Earth as I turn to my girls and say,

“Sam, 2-2, 2-3, Dalilah, no one can say what the future holds in store, however when I look to the future I don’t see it without each of you there with me. I feel like fate has brought us together and I am not going to let go. I can’t promise that our life together will always be smooth sailing but I can and do promise to always do my best for you, and that is all we can strive for, is to do our best. I promise to do my best to always love you, to protect you, to be honest with you, and to be faithful to you, for all our years to come.”

Dean comes to me now and gives me 1 box at a time that I open, remove the wedding band, and after removing their engagement ring, I place the wedding band first and then the engagement ring back on their finger, giving each a quick yet loving kiss and telling them I love them.

After I place the last ring on Sam’s finger, Ryker tells me to stay with my ladies as they too have something to say to me.

I stay standing and facing them, seeing the huge smiles on their faces even though they have tears in their eyes, as at the same time they each say that they promise to do their best to love me, to be honest with me, to be faithful to me and to support me for all our years to come.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close