A Not So Welcomed Guest - Cover

A Not So Welcomed Guest

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Chapter 3

Ephus - A demigod possessing the power to repower the gods
Quinn Markov - human wife of Ephus


Norse Deities


Odin - War god, main god of the Norse gods
Freya - a goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, sex, war, gold, and seiðr.
Frigg - Wife of Odin, promoter of marriage and fertility
Loki - a mischievous god who can shape-shift and can take up animalistic forms.


Valkyries


Brynhildr - Armor Battle
Eir - Peace, clemency
Geirahöð - names means spear - fight
Göndul - War Valkyrie
Prima - Name means fight


Egyptian Deities


Bast - Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love
Serket - Goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites

A NOT so Welcomed Guest 3


Ephus eyes suddenly snapped open, where in the hell was, he? The last he remembered he was fighting Anhur, Sekhmet and Enyo. A stirring beside him quickly drew his attention.

“Bast?” Ephus said drawing a smile on her face.

“Really husband, this is something that you haven’t experienced before. You being a godling, your powers are more connected to your emotions than ours, are. You might want to remember that the next time you grow so angry. Though I have to ask, what grew your anger to such proportions?” Bast asked.

Ephus was quiet a moment as the memories started to flood back to him. “Do you remember how much of a pain in the ass Zeus was? How no matter what I did he refused to listen?” Bast nodded waiting to hear who she was going to blame for unhinging Ephus. “Odin was far worse, even after I brought his power up to half.”

“Worse? What happened?” Bast asked.

“He said I was weak, then tried to attack me, a mistake on his part. You know that I won’t help if those that asked me there refuse to listen, or even worse refuse any other help I am offering.” Ephus spit out. “It took Zeus actually coming to me, apologizing then promising to help, to get me back to that realm.”

“I see, should I gather the others, declare war? Takeover, rid the god realm of their presence?” Bast said a little bit of blood lust shining in her eyes.

Ephus did a double take, it seemed the further along she got in this pregnancy, the more violent she got.

“No Bast, I will wait to see if Odin, will make a move to get me back to help.” Ephus looked at Serket who was approaching. “Is she going to be like this throughout this pregnancy?”

“I am afraid it is a lot more than that. Ra, along with all our brother and sisters are holding council about the two that she is carrying. The last time two were born to a goddess, it had extremely bad results.” Serket said grimly.

“Bad results? What,” Ephus started, then his eyes went wide as Serket lightly touched his head. At first Ephus face had shock and horror, these though quickly twisted into anger. “They wouldn’t dare harm my children!” Ephus growled.

“Not outright, considering that it is you, I think they want to see just how they are. They have a piece of your humanness, far different than a full god. I believe they feel that these two will be far more than what the last few sets were.” Serket said a slight look of worry on her face.

“Husband, I also believe they feel that you might possibly lose control. This power you have, has touched a great deal of the gods of not one but now three god realms. It is highly unlikely they will act without consulting you. Besides,” Bast said a small look of anger on her face. “I don’t think they want to see my ire either.”

Ephus nodded as he looked at both of the pregnant goddesses in front of him. If they became as angry as he had been, there might not be anything left of the god realms.


Freya looked at Odin with disbelief on her face. “You want me to do what!?” Freya yelled still not believing the words that Odin had just uttered.

“Go where he is. demand he come back to Asgard. It should be simple for you, after all you are the goddess of love. Use your power to beguile him.” Odin said.

“You don’t realize what you are saying Lord Odin. He is a human/godling, much of his thinking is human. He came to help us of his own accord, you my Lord, angered him very much. If I do as you say it will drive him away. I also don’t think you realize; he is immune to almost ALL god power.”

“Then you still wish to pursue the afore mentioned course of action? I feel that I am unable to do this. What,” Odin started when Freya touched his head. A moment later Odin’s eyes flew wide. “He felt that dishonored? Never have I felt anyone warrior or otherwise feel this dishonored, especially by me or mine.”

“We have to amend this; I gave you the knowledge. The thing is can you do this after I put it to the terms I did?” Freya asked.

Odin nodded his head looking at the floor. “I have to, if we are to have any hope of saving Asgard.”

A small smile crossed Freya’s lips then was quickly gone. Perhaps she thought, we might stand a chance after all.

“I shall be back as soon as I can,” Freya said as she was about to vanish. She stopped when a hand grasped her arm.

“Mistress Freya, allow me to accompany you. Neither of us know what Midgar is like now, you may have need of my services.” The Valkyrie Göndul said. “Odin, has both my sister Valkyries here to aid him.

Freya thought about it a few moments then nodded. A wave of her arm, the both of then vanished.

Ephus had just sat to relax, trying his best to get his head around how Odin had reacted. He’d been back from Asgard for a few hours, he could still feel the realm, how weak it still was.

His power was now fully recharged so he was truly feeling almost normal, for him. He was, ‘til he felt two approaching powers, not especially huge, though strong enough to worry him.

A moment later Bast and Serket bristled, then there were two flashes. Two heavily armored, well-armed with wicked sword, females appeared.

Ephus sighed when he felt both Bast and Serket go to their full power. Taking a quick breath Ephus stood moving between the two sets of females. Shit he thought, this is a dangerous position to be in.

Ephus put a hand up in front both sets hoping it would help to calm the situation. “Hold Bast, Serket this is the Valkyrie Göndul,” indicating the Valkyrie. “I would have thought that you would recognized the goddess Freya.”

“When we feel a threat to you husband, it is difficult to think that straight. We almost lost you the last time. All your wives have pledged to not let that happen again. Both sets in both realms have promised that if you are harmed again, nothing will stop the war that will happen. All the brothers have also pledged to help, the war won’t last long though, it will be devastating to whomever did the harm.”

Ephus did a double take seeing the deadly serious look in both Serket and Bast’s eyes. The mere fact that the usually calm and shy Serket was talking with such force made this very serious.

“My dear wives, I do not intend to go into this without a lot more knowledge than the last two times. I also do not wish to face a situation, like I did last time.” Ephus shakily said.

Bast, walked up to Ephus, kissing him deeply and passionately. “You would do well to remember that husband, you. Nor does any realm want to see the full fury of Bast.” Here Bast looked at then intense look on Serket’s face. “I don’t think that, they would wish to face the fury of your wife Serket either.”

Ephus looked at Serket, then Bast, shaking slightly. He’d rather face the titans than go against one of his wives when they were furious.

“Do not attack, either of you, I have given my word to help. As the both of you know, I will give them another chance. You also know that I will only go so far, before I won’t help anymore. I did twice in your realm, I almost did three times in the Greek realm. This realm,” here Ephus shook his head, “if I can’t convince Odin then, I don’t know if they can be helped.”

Bast and Serket both nodded, their faces showed their anger though, because of Ephus they were holding back.

“We will do as you ask husband, know you this though, NOTHING, no-one will stop us. You are the most important being in any realm right now. We meant it when we said that, both realms will destroy this Asgard realm, if you are harmed.” Bast slightly growled.

Ephus turned to see both Freya and the Valkyrie Göndul, standing where they had arrived. Ephus started to walk to them, seeing Bast and Serket cross their arms over their chests, as they watched the new arrivals and Ephus closely.

Both females immediately went to a knee bowing to Ephus the closer he got. Out of the corner of his eye Ephus saw both of his wive’s nod with a smirk.

“Lord Ephus,” Freya started, “I have come to enter a plea to have you return to Asgard. I believe I have expressed to Odin what he did wrong. I also believe that, he now knows that you are the only hope our realm has.”

Ephus stretched his hand out to touch Freya’s head, seeing all that had transpired between the two. A smirk, quickly came to his lips. “I am not seeing this with the confidence that you are. I wouldn’t, want to waste my time going there just to have him try to attack me again.”

A grimace came to Freya’s face, “I do not think it would, I believe, I may have a solution for this. I have not been able to get through to Odin much, though, there is one who can. I am hesitant to suggest it though, the last I heard she also had been captured.”

Ephus was nodding, who he thought could have such influence over him. “I’m sure that she is nowhere as guarded as Odin was.”

“Do not be so sure, If I have thought of this, I am sure that Loki has also. Then again,” Freya said looking up momentarily at Ephus. “Loki is the only one that I feel would stand a chance against you. Especially if I and Göndul go with you.”

Ephus stood still trying to think of a reason for them not to go. Finally, shaking his head he decided that it would be a good idea, someone to watch his back was practical.

“Alright, you listen to me, if I tell you to go, go. I don’t want to be killed because I was arguing with you. Nor do I wish the same fate to befall the both of you, is this understood?” Ephus said sternly.

Both females nodded vigorously, both with wry miles on their faces.

Ephus could only shake his head at that. “Freya. please allow me to touch you. I can get us there far closer than I feel either of you will.”

A slight touch, then Ephus nodded to both females, a slight look to Bast had her nodding as Ephus group vanished.

It seemed only a moment had passed, before they appearing in what appeared to be a large, dimly lit room. There were several shouts with several dark skinned, beings appearing. Each had either a wicked double edge sword or spear.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close