A Not So Welcomed Guest - Cover

A Not So Welcomed Guest

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Chapter 6

Ephus - A demigod possessing the power to repower the gods
Quinn Markov - human wife of Ephus


Norse Deities


Odin - War god, main god of the Norse gods
Freya - a goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, sex, war, gold, and seiðr.

Valkyries


Göndul - War Valkyrie

Egyptian Deities


Bast - Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love
Serket - Goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites
Thoth - God of knowledge


Ephus pulled again powering up to half, still Gungnir didn’t move, shit Ephus thought, he could feel the full effect of the Remira stone. Even at full power, would it be able to hold for a long time?

I am sorry that you are having to hold as long as you are, I am going to full power, Ephus thoughts said to the Remira.

I have plenty of power Godling, the Remira’s thoughts responded.

Ephus nodded as he went to his full power, this caused both Freya and Göndul to back up slightly. By the power of Odin, this godling was far, far, stronger than they both had thought he was.

This time when he grasped Gungnir, the weapon easily slipped from the arms of the statue. Ephus, smiled as he appeared next to Freya and Göndul.

Ephus touched both the females thinking of Epaphus house. The smile quickly disappeared when nothing happened.

Taking ahold of both females Ephus started running as fast as he could, they had barely closed the door when Ephus felt time start to move at a normal rate.

A worried Freya looked at Ephus, “I thought we were going back as soon as we had it.”

“I attempted to, it appears that the Gungnir, had other ideas. I thought I had matched the energy of Odin, apparently I didn’t. I am going to need a little time, to figure this out. In the mean time, I am sure that Zeus, will be on the war path searching for this. I am also, going to have to power the Remira stone more. Shit! Should have known something was going to go wrong.” Ephus cursed.

Ephus worked the problem of the energy all the first day finally getting it to where it should be. He’d also started to power the Remira stone again, afraid they had used far too much of it’s energy.

Then there was the fact that Zeus was looking everywhere trying to detect where the weapon was. It was apparent that he could still feel its energy, though not where it was.

“Here I thought, I had thought of every contingency, I obviously hadn’t for this one.” Ephus said with a grim look on his face. “It’s only a matter of time before Zeus comes here. I need to mask the weapon better or we will be found out.”

Both Freya and Göndul now had a look of concern on their faces. “I hope that you have some sort of plan, Lord Ephus. You are the only one that can transport us back to our time. Time travel is one thing that any of the gods have, there are after all rules. This is one that no one really wished to break.”

Ephus nodded as his mind started to go over everything that had happened so far. Then there were the new abilities that his ancestor, Epaphus, had taught him. Then again, he hadn’t really practiced them that much, being the need hadn’t arisen.

Ephus was looking at Odin’s weapon they had at the back of the building, when a thought hit him. With a shake of his head, he thought could it be that simple?

Ephus concentrated, then opened his thoughts, Gungnir, may I talk to you?

Shocked thoughts came back to Ephus, I know not who you are, you feel like my partner Odin, though I can see that you are not.

Ephus nodded his head, I am called Ephus, your partner was attacked, put in chains. Control of over half of Asgard has been wrested from him. He threw you to earth to protect you and Asgard, in the process you were transported many years in the past. I was attempting to return you to him.

Again, Ephus felt shock from the weapon’s thoughts. Yes, I can see, I see that you rescued him at great peril to your existence. I thank you for rescuing my partner, Ah! Hello Remira, it has been a long time since we last met.

For the next few moments, Ephus was quiet as the weapon and the stone had a private discussion.

Ephus was in thought again when he heard Gungnir. Sir Ephus, I will do all in my power to aid you in your quest to restore Odin.

Ephus nodded then shifted his thoughts, Remira? I am sending more power to you. Even though you said you didn’t, I can feel that you used over half your power.

This time Remira’s thoughts were shocked, you are rare Sir Ephus, I have never told I could be felt. I hope that I may be able to work with you again, something I will gladly do.

Both Freya and Göndul had once more, a look of concern on their faces. “Lord Ephus? Are you well? You have been quiet for so long.”

“Sorry Freya, Göndul, I was discussing the situation with the Remira stone and Odin’s Gungnir.” Ephus explained. Both female’s mouths dropped open, “I was trying to figure out why his partner refused to help. I am afraid though that we are going to be here a while longer. Remira used over half it’s power, it needs to recharge before I even think of us moving forward.”

Both of the females could only turn toward each other their mouths still agape. “You ... you were talking to Gungnir? I thought that only Odin could speak with it.” Freya said quietly her voice holding a bit of shock.

“Actually, it is a she,” Ephus said. “She thought that I was attempting to take her. Basically, stealing her from Odin.”

“How did you know that you could speak to it,” Freya shook her head, “to her?”

“Well...” Ephus started, “you could say that I encountered something like her a few years ago.”

Göndul, shook her head, “there is obviously, far more to you Lord Ephus, than either of us thought.”

Ephus nodded his head, thinking it was better to remain silent in this case.

With a wave his hand, Ephus could feel the Remira’s power starting to climb. Though, at the moment he could feel that the stone’s power was barely half full. Damn it he thought, it was going to be a few hours before it was ready. Ephus started to wonder if, he could hide Remira, Gungnir, both females and keep his disguise long enough.

A moment later he heard a knock at the door. Reaching out Ephus could feel Zeus, issuing a slight groan, Ephus started to hide and changed what he needed to.

Ephus took a deep breath as he reached for the door. Zeus turned to look at him. “Son are you well? You appear to be paler than usual. You should come away with me to Olympus, just a few years there would have you right.”

“I think you know how I feel about that, is there something wrong? I mean, two visits in one week, been a very long time since that happened.” Ephus said.

Zeus nodded, “something was stolen from my temple, something that I can feel though, cannot locate. You hear all from the human world, have you detected anything?”

Ephus was silent as he pretended to think, though in truth was concentrating even harder. Ephus push outward for a moment then said. “No, nothing I have heard nor felt. Was it perhaps another god? You sister betrayed you once after all.

“No, she has made a solemn pledge to me, to never rebel again. I had to make a few promises also. I don’t think it is her, my brother Poseidon perhaps.” Zeus said after thinking a moment.

“I will look harder, perhaps I have missed something, especially if a god is involved.” Ephus replied. “Though not knowing what was taken, might make it harder.” Ephus held up a hand, “I don’t want to know, as I said I will look harder. I hope to be on my way soon, if I find anything I will call you.”

“I thank you son, please consider coming to Olympus. I know it would do the both of us a great deal of good.” Zeus said to the smirking visage of Ephus appearing as Epaphus. Zeus shook his head then vanished.

Ephus quickly closed the door then collapsed on the floor in front of the door. Both Freya and Göndul rushed to him as he was panting rapidly. “Is this where you say, I think i did it again?” Göndul said with a wide smile.

“You,” pant, pant, “are not,” pant, pant, “funny.” Ephus said as his head started to swim.

“Rest Lord Ephus, hopefully you have deterred him from checking on here again.” Göndul said.

Ephus nodded as he slowly made his way to a bed. “Freya? I am afraid that the Lord Ephus has extended too far. Do you think we can get out of here?” Göndul asked.

“I have seen him do things, I have never seen another god or otherwise do. I put much of my trust in him, as you should.” Freya said to a slowly nodding Göndul.


“As I have found with brother? We have to trust that he has a plan.” A slightly nervous Thoth said.

Those words were still echoing through Quinn, Bast and Serket’s minds. Their worry had increased more and more since Thoth said them.

Bast nudged Serket who turned to stare wide eyed at Quinn. They could both see that Quinn’s worry was starting to manifest itself. Quinn’s eyes and skin were both staring to glow, with the power that they both could feel starting to build.

Bast moved as close to Quinn as she could. “Quinn? Are you well sister wife?”

The glow started to decrease to a dull color. “Why do you ask? Quinn asked.

“Look at yourself, your control isn’t as strong as we thought. Getting this upset has you power building.” Bast explained.

Quinn looked at her arms and legs with a gasp, “I don’t know how you control it all the time.”

“You are going to have to practice, it didn’t take long for us as we were born with it. Yours, has just started to develop. I was hoping that all we worked on, would have helped. Then again, you haven’t destroyed anything so, you obviously have some control.” Bast stated.

A sigh escaped Quinn’s lips, “I just hope that I have enough control when Ephus returns. I am so afraid that he will be disappointed with me.”

Bast looked at her with a surprised look. “Quinn, he loves you more than any of us. If he didn’t, then I would have fought far harder than I did, to be his head wife. You are the only one that could accept as that.”

Quinn looked at Bast with a wide-eyed surprised look. “So, in matters concerning him, I am the only one you concede decisions to?”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close