A Not So Welcomed Guest - Cover

A Not So Welcomed Guest

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Chapter 7

Ephus - A demigod possessing the power to repower the gods

Quinn Markov - human wife of Ephus


Norse Deities


Freya - a goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, sex, war, gold, and seiðr.

Loki - a mischievous god who can shape-shift and can take up animalistic forms.

Thor - a hammer-wielding god associated with lightning, thunder, storms, sacred groves and trees, strength, the protection of mankind, hallowing, and fertility. Son of Odin

Valkyries


Göndul - War Valkyrie

Greek Deities


Athena - Daughter of Zeus and Metis, goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, strategic warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill.

Egyptian Deities


Bast - Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love

Serket - Goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites

Thoth - God of knowledge

Sekhmet - Goddess of fire, war, and dance


Ephus, was almost out of the area when he felt an all too familiar presence. Ephus rapidly lowered his power, should have figured that, that asshole was here. That’s all I need he thought, running into Ares, barely survived last time.

With a shake of his head, Ephus, almost started to run. Finally, a few minutes later, he could feel the influence of Ares fade to almost nothing. Slowing, Ephus went a kilometer and a half more then sat to catch his breath.

Hope I lowered my power before that ass, felt me, don’t really want to run into Ares right now. He sat a moment, reached into his pocket. Remira? Are you alright, where are the others? Ephus thought.

I am sorry, in our haste to depart so quickly, I expended more power than I thought I would. I sent the goddess and the Valkyrie to the destination. I had to stop one of you here, in order to safely deliver the other two. I have seen and felt your emotions, your thoughts, you are far more noble than almost any I have met. Said the Remira’s thoughts.

A smile came to Ephus face, plus a slight blush to his face. I thank you Remira. I only thought to do what was right, he thought.

You have a better sense of that than any living essence that I have met. I find it incredibly refreshing and amazing. Returned the Remira.

Again, I thank you Remira, I just hope that I can repower you enough. It was unfortunate that we had to leave like we did. Ephus thought.

I am sure that it couldn’t be helped, I know some of your story. I knew when I met you, that you were not of the time we met in. From the way you looked at Zeus. I could see that you had met at a later time. As I said you are the first godling/human I have ever met that reacts such as you do. Remira replied.

Again, Ephus was slightly blushing, I really don’t know what to say. I just hope that I can repower you, you seem to have nearly depleted all your energy. Ephus thought.

Yes, it is as you have said through, I have been recharging all this time. At the moment I could remove us a few years forward. This god I can feel seems to be worrying you, a moment,

Ephus, looked at the Remira as it then he started to glow though not as intensely as before. A moment later Ephus could see that he was standing next to what he termed a dirt road, what!? Stranger still was the ancient looking vehicle that went past him a moment later.

Ephus, could only do a double take, what the hell? A very early auto, wooden wheels with rubber on the end of them. Crap, that looked more like handle bars on a bike for the steering wheel. Still shaking his head Ephus looked at it again thinking, that was a Cleveland Runabout. Scratching his head, didn’t they make them in 1900?

He then reached in his pocket feeling just how weak the Remira was. I thank you Remira, though I would have handled it, somehow. Your energy is almost non- existent.

As I said you have shown me that humanity has hope after all. You have sacrificed a good deal for me. How could I not do the same for you? Remira replied.

I truly am speechless now; I feel it was an honor to help you. For now, we need to hide away ‘til such time as you are fully recharged. You obviously used more energy than you let on.

So, you are more powerful than you let on. Be still your secret is safe with me.


“Oh my god,” they heard Quinn say, “he’s somewhere in the civil war.” They all turned to look at Quinn as her eyes were a deadly glowing red color. There was also the fact that her skin was glowing far brighter than it had before.

Bast got as close as she could as she started to whisper, “Quinn, sister wife, you have to calm. Think of the baby, this amount of power that you are displaying can’t be good for the baby,”

Quinn released a soft gasp as her eyes were suddenly normal. The glow that her skin had, had disappeared as quickly also.

“Thank you, Bast, I still can’t seem to control it at all. I just hope that Ephus can help me to learn.” Quinn said.

“I was glad to help sister wife, we just need to keep you calm until such time he’s back.” Bast said.

“At the moment that’s going to be a hard trial on all of us. You as much as any other know that the human mind is not a calm thing.” Thoth calmly said. “I am afraid that the only one that can truly keep her calm is Ephus.”

Bast turned to stare heatedly at Thoth. “For the god of knowledge, you can be a complete ass brother.”

“WHAT!? I am only stating a fact. Thoth said matter-of-factly.

Bast, rolled her eyes about to speak, when Serket spoke up. “I now understand why our number has decreased.” Here she turned to Bast, “all this time no children, five years Ephus has ten. Really Thoth, you’d think that all the male gods could see that Ephus, is doing something VERY right.”

The slight growl that came from Serket’s throat, had Thoth backing up. “Hmmmm, perhaps this does deserve further study.”

Both Freya and Göndul, were on the couch trying to not laugh too loud. “Here I thought it was only in our realm, turns out they are like that everywhere.” Freya said.

“No,” Bast said, looking at Thoth, “Our husband is far different than any male we have ever met.”

Freya, took a breath, releasing a sigh, “I have to agree with you there Bast. He is unlike any I have ever met. I also noticed that he doesn’t try to use his power if at all possible.”

Bast, turned toward Freya nodding, “I think it has something to do with his humanity. As you said he won’t use it if possible, though if he has no other choice, he will with all he has. One has only to ask Ares, when we see him again.”

Bast, was turned back to Thoth ready to admonish him again when she saw he was concentrating. “So,” he was almost whispering, “he has gotten the stone active again, still I can see nothing. I will have to pick brother’s brain when he returns.”

“What has happened?” A lip shivering Quinn asked, he eyes slightly glowing.

“It appears that he managed to activate the Remira with less than half power. It also appears that where he was, Ares was there, they left in quite a rush.” Thoth said.

“Ares!? Did that asshole detect him?” Quinn asked.

Thoth shook his head, “no, it seems Ares was too caught up in the conflict.”

“So, where is he now? Quinn asked.

“Closer though still a good hundred years back. It has helped that I can now feel him more though, I still can’t talk to him.” Thoth said. “This should not be since he is of this time. Perhaps it has something to do with what and who he is, I still cannot detect anything about him. As you know I can feel almost all, gods and goddesses included.”

“Come on Thoth,” Bast said with a smirk, “I know you can tell where he is. Even with the difficulty you are having, I know you can at least feel him.”

Thoth looked at his sister incredulously, “I am so glad that you can see into the past so easily. That and being able to see a godling, that is almost completely hidden from me. I am a lot of things sister, I am not all knowing, not since brother has appeared.” Thoth said a bit testily.

Bast, looked at Thoth’s glowing eyes, a slight smile appearing on her lips. “Perhaps you might be able to see more now?”

Thoth was about to reply when his eyes opened wide. Brother can you hear me?

In the year 1900, Ephu, s jerked to a stop, Thoth? How in the hell is this possible?

Thoth looked at Bast, it appears that I needed to get angry to break through. Your wife, my sister was able to accomplish this.

Ouch. I know a barb from her can hurt quite a bit. Ephus thoughts replied.

I heard that husband! You had best return soon all the children and I miss you. All of your wives miss you, I was afraid something like this would happen, came Bast’s thoughts.

I know my Bast inform all of them that I am fine, I should be able to return in a few days. Also, ask Freya to keep you informed as to what is going on in her realm. Thank yo, u brother Thoth. Ephus, thoughts said then all was silent.


In the realm of Asgard, Loki, was storming about almost like a mad man. Nearby, several stone giants and dark elves had backed as far away as they could.

Loki, saw that all had backed away from him giving him a momentary pause. “I cannot believe that a mere godling defeated me. Not only that, he took the only remaining Remira left. Now there is almost no way to get to that thing.”

“There is no way? you are all powerful Lord Loki, surely...” the largest stone giant started.

Loki, turned to glare at the giant, who was driven back into the nearest wall. The stone giant was then driven through it into a pool of water.

Though many wanted to, none moved as the stone giant started to scream. Loki motioned as the soaked stone giant appeared before him. Loki looked down on the shivering, shaking giant with a sneer and disdain.

“I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself!” A wild eyed, crazed looking Loki shouted. “You seem to forget who managed to snatch the realm, to free both of you.” Here Loki cast his venomous glance at the dark elves. This made them back to the wall not a one daring to speak a word.

“I,” Loki started then heard a voice in his head. WHAT!? Loki’s thoughts shouted out.

Lord Loki, came the thoughts of one of the Valkyries still at Freya’s domicile. We are still trying to break through, whatever this is we have never encountered it before. It has also seemed to change, the type of energy that it is.

Loki stopped short, obviously that halvgud Ephus, was providing a type of energy that they hadn’t seen yet. Looking around the room an idea started to form.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close