A Not So Welcomed Guest - Cover

A Not So Welcomed Guest

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Chapter 8

Ephus - A demigod possessing the power to repower the gods
Quinn Markov - human wife of Ephus


Norse Deities


Odin - War god, main god of the Norse gods
Freya - a goddess associated with love, beauty, fertility, sex, war, gold, and seiðr.
Frigg - Wife of Odin, promoter of marriage and fertility
Loki - a mischievous god who can shape-shift and can take up animalistic forms.

Valkyries


Brynhildr - Armor Battle
Eir - Peace, clemency
Geirahöð - names means spear - fight
Göndul - War Valkyrie
Prima - Name means fight


Egyptian Deities


Bast - Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love
Serket - Goddess of scorpions, medicine, magic, and healing venomous stings and bites
Thoth - God of knowledge
Sekhmet - Goddess of fire, war, and dance


Titans


Cronus - The King of the Titan, and the god of destructive time--time which devours all.
Atlas - The younger Titan god of astronomy and the revolution of the heavenly constellations.
Iapetus - The Titan god of mortality and the allotment of the mortal lifespan.


It was several hours later when Ephus pulled up short. He wasn’t sure where it was, though he could barely see the water and the long beach of the coast line in the dark.

Ephus racked his brain, the only thing he could only come up with, was the Normandy invasion. Damit, he thought, one of the bloodiest battles of WWII, me stuck near the beginning of it. Especially with that blood thirsty asshole Ares nearby.

Into what little forest there was, Ephus, took cover. So far, the techniques Epaphus had taught him were working, though with a stronger Ares would that last?

Godling, came the Remira’s thoughts. I did not think that the conflict we’re witnessing, would have drawn us so strong. I could attempt to move us again though I used half of what I had last time. I am not sure if we will go very far, though your energy is rapidly replenishing me.

No, returned Ephus’s thoughts. We need to get you completely powered up, that way we have no more unexpected stops. Again, Ephus felt a wave of thankfulness wash over him from Remira.

Had there been more like you throughout time, perhaps more of my kind would still exist. Alas, you are only the fourth that we have ever encountered, one you met.

Ephus was shocked, he had thought there were far more, that thought like him out there. So how much more time will you need? Ephus asked.

The problem is not how much I need, as to how much you have. The impending battle will start soon, this we are afraid will cause us to move us far sooner than the time you have set forward.

Damnit, Ephus swore under his breath, so you have nowhere near enough to get us back all the way.

Not at the moment, when this starts in a few hours of your time, we will be close. Though, as we said we do not think that we will have enough to go all the way back.

Ephus nodded his head, about his luck as always, he thought, as he tried to increase the energy flowing into Remira. Ephus felt a slight amount of shock from Remira. Godling, you cannot expend this much energy, we are afraid that you will need it when we return.

Ephus tried as much as he could to get an answer from Remira, though the stone stayed quiet. A look at the area before him saw that the German army was preparing for something.

Ephus shook his head as he lowered his energy, was a good idea with that creep, Ares nearby. A turn of his head, Ephus was staring a spot a distance away. Damn he thought, if that doesn’t feel like a god, though who?

Still staring, he was surprised when a familiar godly power manifested before him. The male that appeared didn’t appear familiar, though Ephus seemed to know.

Ephus started to move forward when, the figure looked straight at him and shook their head no. What the hell Ephus thought, then what seemed liked forty or fifty German troops appeared. They took a smiling male into custody, a shocked Ephus heard, this should buy you time. Don’t worry, I am far stronger than I was the last time we met.

It appears that we have help that, we did not see in the time line. Soon godling, we should return to your time. Came the Remira’s thoughts.

Ephus watched for the next two hours, the army before him were on high alert. It had to be about 6 - 6:30 a.m. when Ephus, saw thousands of landing craft as they crept to the shore.

About to move, Ephus felt energy start to climb from inside his pocket. Then, like before it was like a door opened in front of him then he was pushed or pulled through it.

Ephus tried to stop his self as he stumbled forward, toward a familiar building. There Godling, we have returned to your home. I believe that we should go to the Asgard realm before we are discovered here.

Ephus was confused a moment then nodded as he vanished. A few faces were suddenly looking out the windows and the door.

A worried Quinn stepped out looking around. “I swear Bast, I felt him appear.”

Behind her stepped out Bast, Serket, Sekhmet, Thoth, Freya and the Valkyrie Göndul. “Yes,” Bast started, “I thought he was here a moment also.” Turning she looked at Freya. “Knowing our husband, he is focused on this mission of his. He is probably in the Asgard realm, if he has returned.”

The whole time all of them were staring at a starting to glow Quinn. “Sister wife,” said Serket. “I am worried about him also; we have to remain calm. As before in the Greek god realm, husband seems to know what he is doing. We all thought he was gone when he reappeared. I ... I trust him.”

Bast and the others smiled, this was the strongest Serket had been since they knew her. Quinn turned to look at Serket then smiled. “I trust him also sister, though as we all know at times, he seems to be all over the place.”

Serket also smiled as she watched the glow fade from Quinn. All of the others seemed to breathe a sigh of relief.

Ephus appeared within the confines of Freya’s domicile. A shocked Odin and Frigg could only stare at Ephus with the huge weapon Gungnir beside him. “I am hoping that with this you are able to regain control of your realm.”

Ephus slowly walked to Odin then turned toward Gungnir and nodded. Ephus touched Odin a moment after he grasped Gungnir.

Even as Odin’s eyes started to glow, there was a scream in the air. “You may have that weapon back; you will never regain the nexus or the throne. We are far too strong to defeat, even with the godling.” Came the voice of Loki.

Ephus smiled as he was looking at the visage of Loki. “You have obviously forgot who you are dealing with.” Drawing back his fist, Ephus slammed it into Loki’s stomach. This again drove Loki back into the wall of the room then through it.

With a spit, Loki appeared heightening his power. “No godling, I have not forgotten. I am surprised with one as powerful as you seem, that you have to hide. Come, face me.”

Ephus started to laugh, “You must think me the most stupid. With all the allies there you expect me to make myself a target for all of you? No, I might take most of you but not all of you. I think I will continue to whittle your allies down.”

“So, you are nothing but a coward, not even worthy...” Loki started the was cut off by Ephus.

“A coward? No, I think that is true of you, hiding behind those there. I seem to remember meeting you alone outside of Athens, where I beat you soundly. If I was to meet you now, I am afraid I might end you easily. As proof, you on the floor grasping your sore stomach. We will meet soon, on my terms.” Ephus said, as he slapped Loki, knocking him back to the floor.

Odin and Frigg looked at Ephus in shock. “Godling, do you think it wise to antagonize Loki? At the moment he holds the Nexus.”

Ephus smiled as he turned to face Odin, “Actually yes, an angered enemy is a careless enemy.”

A moment later the entire building shook. “The Giants and Dark elves have replaced the Valkyries. I believe that Loki thinks that their strength and magic can break through.”

Ephus looked at the wall seeing who Odin was speaking of. “You think I can send them somewhere and keep them there? That should weaken Loki some.”

Odin’s eyes went large, “If you can keep them there, it will weaken Loki’s support. Can you get all of them? Including those in the throne room and the palace?”

Ephus concentrated then his brows furrowed. “All but the biggest Giant and a powerful Dark Elf.”

Odin nodded, “that would be the leaders.”

Ephus nodded then concentrated on the realms that Odin had showed him.

A few moments later they could hear Loki scream, almost all the Giants and dark Elves vanished.

“What has happened? The both of you bring them back” Loki said as he tapped his foot. When both of the leaders looked confused then even more, as they concentrated more.

“I cannot bring them back,” the giant leader said. “They are blocks keeping me from reaching them.”

“It is the same for me,” The Dark elf said.

“WHAT!? You both are the masters of your realms this should be simple for you. Move!” Loki said as he shoved both the leaders aside. It was Loki’s turn to concentrate harder and harder. Even the portals Loki tried to open refused to respond.

“You might as well give up; you have lost all contact to them. I suggest...” Ephus started.

“I suggest you shut up, when I defeat you, I will enjoy slowly breaking your body and spirit ‘til you beg me to destroy you.” Loki was nearly screaming.

Ephus sighed, “just as conceited as another god. Ares was as much a joke as you are.”

Ephus grinned as he broke contact as he heard Loki start to scream again.

Ephus turned to Odin and Frigg, “we are going to need more allies. Do either of you know where Thor is?”

They looked at each other, “I had heard the Dark elves say that Thor, was banished to the realm of the Light elves Alfheim. We aren’t sure how that realm and Vanahelm, were sealed, no one can reach them.” Frigg said.

Ephus’s eye went wide in surprise, “let me look a moment. Ephus had was nodding as he looked over what was blocking them. “Hmmm, I might be able to, what is there doesn’t seem like much, though I have found lately looks are deceiving.”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close