Rapture - Cover

Rapture

Copyright© 2021 by A Carpenters Son

Chapter 20: Lord Bubba?

The White people from the land of the Blue were led by John of Smith. They asked permission to land and when they arrived at the Amarillo Base for the Fourth Division they were surprised when another big ship also came in. If the 886 was a lightweight Destroyer, this ship was a medium-weight Destroyer. Likely five to six hundred tons. It was easily twice the size of the new 996s.

The Duty NCO Corporal came up to General Ceca, “Sir the man in the big ship is requesting permission to exit his ship. He says his name is Bubba.”

“Thank you, Corporal. I’ll go and meet him.”

“There she is Sir the one with the star on her cap!” A cadet was leading a man that was way overdressed for the 70 degrees. He wore fashions that might have been in place hundreds of years ago.

“General Ceca?” The man asked.

“You must be John of Smith?” Ceca asked. The man nodded. “I am General Ceca, Mr. Smith. Please call me Ceca.” She held her hand out, the man bent and kissed the back of her hand.

“Mr. Smith, we do that for Royalty or Leaders of Churches.”

“You had no loss of life?” John of Smith asked. His English was bad making communication very difficult.

“We had some ships shot down, but we collected them, and you are right no loss of life,” Ceca said.

“You only had a few ships and yet ... Why are we here?” Ceca had led them to the very big ship.

“This is Lord Bubba’s ship.”

Ceca watched John of Smith’s reaction. He had sucked in air, eyes growing big, and had a look of fright.

The door opened, “Lord Bubba.” Ceca said, “I am General Ceca and am very pleased to meet you, Sir.”

“Please, General Ceca, do not call me Lord. I would like to come back.”

“Are you a cousin to Lord Heat? You look just like him.” Ceca smiled when she saw love in the giant’s eyes. This man was as tall as Lord Heat and skin color, hair color, expressions, shirt size, and shoes. He was maybe ten years older than Heaty.

“Cousins, does that word mean our fathers were brothers?” Bubba asked.

“Yes, it does.”

“Is he here often?” Bubba asked.

“Yes, two or three times a month,” Ceca said.

“What is a month?” Bubba asked, “And is my cousin doing well?”

“Yes, very well. He has the outside of the building for the new Galactic Congress completed. His wife just had three baby boys and they now have seven children.” Ceca had shown three and seven with her fingers when she was talking about the children, “A month is 28 to 31 days when the moon goes around the Earth.”

“I have not seen Heaty since he was your size. How tall is Heat now and where is he?”

“He is the Lord of Funston and is your size and looks just like you. I see him almost every day and consider him my best friend.” Ceca realized John of Smith was at parade rest and not moving.

Several men walked up to Ceca, “General Ceca, is this Lord Heat?”

“No, Mr. Vice President. This man works for our Emperor and goes by Bubba. He is a Galactic Watcher and is a cousin to Lord Heat, thus the family resemblance. This man is John of Smith the head of one of the planets that helped us today.” Ceca took a breath, “Gentlemen this is the Number 2 man we elected to run our government. He is a good man. His name is John Kennedy.”

“A man grabbed Ceca’s arm and took her aside, speaking very low “You need to use the Vice President’s Title.” The man squeezed Ceca’s arm to imply a threat.

Ceca grabbed the man’s hand at the wrist and did her squeezing, “This is a friendly meeting between the military of two planets, and you are NOT INVITED.” Ceca gently transported the man upstairs to a standing position in front of the coffee machine. He stood there. He was thankful his bladder was empty otherwise his toes would have been swimming in pee. Even so, his knees were shaking so.

“Are you getting some coffee, Sir?” Corporal Justin asked.

“There is a young girl named Ceca. I want her shot for insubordination today. Where can I get a gun Corporal?” The Corporal was only 14 years old, but he was taller than this little man who was angry enough to follow through on his threat.

“Sorry sir, the Sergeant has the only key to the armory. Who are you? How did you get here?” Corporal Justin demanded as he felt his pistol.

“I’m with the State Department. I’m here with the Vice President. I was standing outside then suddenly I was standing here. How can I get back down there?”

Justin pointed in the direction of the stairs, “Go down the stairs and take a right going under where we are standing now. You will see big doors along that wall to the outside.”

The man took off at a fast walk.

Ceca, Lord Bubba, John of Smith, and VP John Kennedy along with two SS agents were in the huge ship out of the sun. Ceca was worried for the man John of Smith. He was dressed for temperatures in the 30s or 40s and here it was 80 degrees today. “Bubba, do you have water to drink?”

“Not for others.” Bubba said, “I have a large bladder I drink from.”

The VP caught the concern of Ceca, “Could one of you go to our ship and get enough water for all of us, for you too.”

“Yes, Sir one of the SS Agents ran out.” Ceca noticed the other agent moved behind the VP. She tried to focus on what was being said by the VP and Bubba. She moved just as the gun fired. The VP turned to see what in the hell was going on just in time to see the odd look on the agent’s face as his gun clanged on the metal floor with him following it.

“What happened?” The VP asked.

“Your SS Agent decided to shoot you in the back.” Ceca sat back down. The Agent that went after the water came back a few minutes later.

The State Department guy showed up. Picked up the gun and pointed it at Ceca, “Little Girl what you did to me is TREASON!” BANG! For a second time with the same gun, it fell to the floor making another loud CLANG. Then the shooter with a hole in his heart fell to the floor.

“Why is Simpson dead on the floor?”

The two marines standing at the outside door came in.

“Within seconds after you left, he tried to shoot the VP in the back. I reflected the bullet back at him.” Ceca said, “I’m taking everyone to God.”

Ceca’s transport happened. Marines and bodies included, “Where are we General Ceca?”

Everyone was watching as first the dead SS Agent got to his feet, went through the railing floating towards the sun. The State Department man did also. First, the Agent blew up then the State Guy.

“That’s hell. Now I am taking all of us to God. Close your eyes and take a deep breath.”

“General Ceca?” Bubba said in amazement.

“That’s God. Come on. Marines at ease and meet with God.” Ceca had one of the big fingers of Bubba wrapped up and also the hand of John of Smith.

Vice President Kennedy said to the Marines, “I’ve been here, we will never forget this ever.” He stepped forward sitting down in one of the Christ Seats.

“Sir, Bubba say hi to our father, you can ask God anything. You too John. SS Agent please find out who your partner was working for and why did he want to kill the VP?”

“Hi God.”

“Hi, Lord Sky, son of Emperor Even, cousin of Lord Heat. Tell your man to touch me please.”

“John, God says for you to touch him.”

When John touched God, he heard “Your wife and children are safe on Funston.” He fell to his knees thanking God over and over.

Bubba looked on with love in his heart for his lifelong friend. He had heard what God had said, “God do you know anything about my wife and kids?”

“What is in your heart my dear son?”

“I want to take my people to Funston and have them prosper with the feeling of Freedom,” Bubba said feeling the love of this Deity.

“What do you want for yourself?”

“Is my wife okay and my children?” He had believed them dead for so long. Tears came to his eyes, and he too went to his knees.

“Your wife is Ada’s best friend on Funston. Your children have all grown and are currently fighting the spiders. Normally they are working with the Cadets on Funston to restore the water that is in the Asteroid Field around the planet. Help John Taylor fix the Galaxy. There is much work to do.”

“I feel the love from you. Thank you, Father.” Bubba became Lord Sky once again. He had a mission.

“You are welcome, my son! Welcome, all that I send to you.”

“I will!” Lord Sky vowed. He visualized enormous buildings to build spaceships. The Lord Heat’s City of Funston was just north of the Equator. He got the feeling he was to manage the southern half of the planet. Build spaceships to stop what had happened too many times from happening again. “Thank you, Father, I’ll be back when I remarry my wife.” He saw a vision of him and his wife kneeling before Emperor Taylor as he gave the vows before God. His heartfelt like it would explode with happiness.

Bubba stood and reached down gently, picking up his friend, “John of Smith, we are going to change your last name to something that has to do with Spaceships. We are going to build Spaceships on the planet Funston with my Cousin Heat. We will also find our wives and get our lives back together you and me. First, let’s go make some friends by eliminating the spiders.”

“Aye my lord. It is time for you to lead and we will follow.” John wondered what his new name would be. He got John Spaceships. He bowed to God, “Thank You, Father.” He picked up his water bottle and followed his Lord over to General Ceca. Everyone seemed to be converging with the young lady.

“Father is Mother Jenny here.” Ceca heard “Yes!” “Please God take us to her.” In a blink, they were standing ten feet away from Jenny Taylor. She looked beautiful with her golden yellow hair. She was glowing with light as she went from person to person. Carol the RN was also darting about along with hundreds of other volunteers. Lady Ada came up to Ceca.

“CECA, how are you doing my Love?” Lady Ada yelled stopping for a second or two as people looked up in respect and love for the teenager. Lady Ada picked Ceca off the floor and hugged her.

“I’m going to go save your husbands and get all the glory!” Ceca giggled, “Lady Ada, I have someone for you to meet. Lord Sky, what is your wife’s name?”

“You look like my man. Who are you?” Ada asked.

“I am Lord Sky; my wife is Lady Eva. I have heard she is your best friend. She may go by another name.” Lord Sky realized he left something out, “My dear Lady, your husband is my cousin. Our fathers were brothers.”

“My best friend is Slay. She is more like a mother that understands me. She is big? Of course, she too is a Lady. That is Slay. She must be Lady Eva.”

Jenny came to find out who the big man that looked like Lord Heat was. She got close to Ada and got wrapped in a hug, “Jenny this man is the cousin to Heaty!”

“Oh, how wonderful,” Jenny exclaimed.

“Lady Ada said, “My Lord, stay, I will find your Lady and bring her here.” Lady Ada disappeared.

Ceca had her arms around Mother Jenny, “How are we doing Mama Jenny?”

“There were about 150,000 spider ships when General Delaney showed up and reduced that number to 50 or 60 thousand,” Jenny reported.

“We are going to help and end this,” Ceca said.

“Please do this.” Jenny showed tiredness for three seconds.

“How are the Cadets?” Ceca looked down the row of beds. Everyone was sitting up drinking water talking to others. Ceca took a deep breath when Lady Ada showed up again. An equally large as Ada was with her along with another woman.

John Spaceships hurried by wrapping up the other women in a hug.

The giant man and giant woman looked at each other, “I thought you were dead.” Lord Sky said. As he moved towards the woman.

“I wanted to be dead because I thought you were.” The two large people eased down to their knees wrapped up in each other’s arms.

Ada was jumping with joy, “My friend has her man back.”

Ceca and Jenny stood there with arms around each other, “What you want to do is okay. The Cadets are all ready to go to work. Give these people five minutes. Go tell the one Cadet and watch.” Jenny giggled.

Ceca walked over between two beds. A boy on one bed and a girl on the other, “We have the enemy down to 50 or 60 thousand. I have 52 ships coming from Lockheed. I need Cadets. I WANT TO GO AND FINISH THIS! I’M TIRED OF DREAMING ABOUT SPIDERS!”

It was like she had lit a fuse. Dominos in reverse. The Cadets stood up and said YES!

Lockheed had sent a text ten 885s forty 336s and two more 996s on the way to Amarillo 4th Div.

There would be seats for each of the 240 Cadets that had just jumped out of their beds. Ceca was being surrounded by all the Cadets. She turned to see the faces of Lord Sky and Lady Eva. Ceca could read their lips, Lady Eva asked, “Do you have to go?” Lord Sky said, “Yes, God has made it possible to end the Blue People from having the ability to travel in Space. Lady Eva said, “Go then if you promise to come back.” Lord Sky smiled from ear to ear, “I do so help me God!”

Another Voice near the Giant people, “YOU COME BACT TO ME JOHN!”

“I WILL, GOD WILLING!”

The two women came together to watch their men leave. Jenny and Ada joined them. Ada told the two women who this very pregnant woman was. They were amazed and tears in their eyes, and love and hope in their hearts the women had the understanding their men would all be together to accomplish this once and for all.

The ships were there just as Lockheed promised. Shinning like new toys on Christmas Day.

The boys and girls seem to know just where they were needed.

Lord Sky looked at his lifelong friend, “It’s going to be different. A new world, one where you are going to feel a sense of freedom like you have never felt before. I promise you and give you the authority to call me on it if I do not deliver to allow that to happen.” Lord Sky shared with his friend.

“Keep yourself safe my Lord. I don’t want to start anew.” John Spaceships smiled.

“I built this ship. We will build many like it.”

Lord Sky, do you want to lead this Brigade? Let John Spaceship be your wingman on the right and me, be your wingman on your left.” Ceca yelled.

“Yes, I will lead it.” He held out his hands ten feet apart, “Give me one hundred of these behind and away.”

Ceca gave the big man a very professional salute. She noticed John copied her then turned to her and gave her one. Ceca returned it.

“General, how much time do you think this will take?”

Ceca looked to God and said, “It feels like we will be home by midnight.”

In a flash, she was in her Happy once again.

The 10,100 ships moved as one. The time seemed to stand still as they traveled the 4,000 Light Years. The Ship from Funston was acting as a guide was up next to Lord Sky’s ship. The two seemed to be in sink as they made course corrections. “Tony, did you get the new Model F Series?” Ceca asked on a secure channel only her ships used.

“Yes, Sir I did. What’s it going to be like Ceca?” Tony Taylor asked.

“It will be like the biggest free-for-all in the Universe. Everything we have will still work from a mile or two away. We don’t need to get close. We all need to watch our back. Mama Jenny said a lot of our wounded Cadets have been shot in the back. We will be fine. Remember the feeling of Wow when we are done.”

“Will do Ceca,” Tony said.

There were still more than fifty thousand ships. A lot of the lights were out of ammo. They were using their Lasers very effectively. So maybe thousands of Black Boxes were lame ducks.

Tony sent out a Tactical Display to the other newly arriving.

The stadium ships were mostly gone. Just the smaller ones. Lord Sky had four pulse guns. He could outline 1000 enemy ships and the computer-aided guns would put out four shots per second and when they hit, they would explode the ships apart into ten to twenty pieces. In four and a half minutes a thousand ships were trash. Lord Sky’s pulse cannons were unlike anything anyone had ever seen.

The twelve 996s each with ten rail guns capable of firing every six seconds. That made 120 Rail guns at ten per minute added up to 1,200 rounds per minute or 72,000 rounds per hour. The kids that had been in the beds next to God were also pumping out the rounds. Jesus said it was okay to get pissed occasionally. It aided in getting things done if used right. In an hour that fifty thousand enemies looked like fifteen thousand enemy ships. It didn’t slow anybody down because they were excited.

A few minutes later Forty Thousand ships of the Blue People showed when there were only about 10,000 Black Boxes left.

Lord Sky swung around. Ceca with her 775s and 996s went with him. John Spaceships had his ten thousand also turned to face the new threat.

Destroying the Blue ships took another hour from the time Ceca and her group had arrived, two hours and ten minutes had gone by. Everyone held their breath because it looked like it was over. Done. Even John was stunned, was this a dream? For ten minutes almost every 336 ventured out uncloaked flying about the battlefields. Nothing stirred. The radar setting on the scanners was turned on. Nothing popped up or moved.

“Is it over?” John asked over the open line.

“Yes Sir, I think it is,” Ceca said.

“Will every Full Bird Colonel and above identify yourselves,” John asked.

“General Ceca. God said I would bring the UMP to the party.”

“Thank you, Ceca. Any observations?”

“I have found Lord Heat’s Cousin Lord Sky. Lord Sky’s wife is Lady Ada’s best friend Slay also known as Lady Eva.”

“Lord Sky, I am your son and all of us are here.”

“AHA, this is a dream come true. I will meet you at Funston, my sons, and daughters.” Lord Sky laughed with joy.

“Lord Sky, I am Lord Heat. I have not seen you...”

“Since you were as tall as a little man, Lord Heat.” Both giant men laughed.

“I align myself with Emperor John Taylor. He has balanced some Karma for our family and now has eliminated the scourge of the spiders.” Lord Heat said.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close