Lost Empire
Chapter 71

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship)
0125 - Lars
0200 - Ellen
0250 - Tendra
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0667 - Marco - Brown
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0805 - Toran
0808 - Radella
0908 - Tara - Mara
1000 - Sherry


Ungrown - unnumbered


0999 - Zan - still lost

Rescued from Tendraxians
so far


6 on Shelby
8 on Lucy


Known and OR numbered


0100 - Derry (father ship)
0501 - Thaddeus
???? - Lena


Still with his mouth slightly agape, Emperor Kandra shook his head. He’d have to talk to his chancellor and advisor’s. This was going to take all the knowledge he could amass before he made a decision. With a nod he thought, this could be a turning point for the empire.

A deep sigh escaped his throat as he started to punch in the codes to all of them. He was the ruler true, though he considered himself to be a smarter ruler.

He felt the blood lust for battle rise in his blood a moment then squashed it as quickly. This wasn’t the time to go off on a battle rage, losing almost all that he and his family had built.

No Kandra thought, he had to remain calm, use his second best muscle, his brain. Even as he watched the probes move closer, suddenly two were obliterated. A high, ear piercing, signal came from the screen before him.

Just as suddenly, a voice sounding almost mechanical followed. “Attention, to whomever is monitoring this frequency. I am the chief law enforcer for the Emperor. Your incursion into Imperial space, near the Imperial planet could be interpreted as an act of war. I will offer you one chance to explain, before an offensive stance is taken.”

Emperor Kandra’s head snapped back at this. He had obviously far underestimated this empire. Thinking for a moment he nodded his head as a decision came to him.

“To the chief law enforcer, this is Emperor Kandra of the Delcron Empire. I am on my way to your planet to demand justice for a grave misjustice against our empire. I wish a parley with your emperor to come to an amicable position.” Emperor Kandra stated.

“Thank you sir, please do not move your satellite. I will advise the Emperor, then contact you.” Mary said then the line went dead.

Kandra nodded his head, there were protocols to adhere to after all. The same was true in his own empire, though as he’d found before, it was still frustrating as could be.

Derrick was relaxing, after all that had taken place the last few months he needed it. With a relaxing sigh he tried not to think of the fact that, that damnable duke was still on the loose. His admiral was still out there with four females that had almost died. It finally seemed that things were starting to settle down, then the Delcron empire decided to invade. Though, Derrick had a suspicion that they might be justified.

It seemed that he’d just closed his eyes when a soft chiming awoke him. His eyes popped open as he activated the shield on his shirt.

“I am sorry for disturbing you sire,” came the voice of Mary. “It appears that the machines that were sent near our orbit, were from the Delcron Empire.”

Derrick immediately sat up at the mention of the Delcrons. “You have had contact with them I take it?”

“Yes sire, I have talked to the Emperor his self. He wishes to have a parley with you. He stated that he is on his way here for justice for a misjustice against his empire.” Mary replied.

Derrick sighed it was as he thought. This had taken place in the Delcron empire’s space, the rules of Derrick’s empire were in fact immaterial. He needed to talk to this emperor before making a decision.

“Alright Mary connect me with him as soon as you can.” Derrick stated a moment later.

“Yes sire, it might be a while, the last of their machines, aren’t the best.” Mary told Derrick.

“Do what you can Mary, the sooner this is over the sooner we can take care of other problems.” Derrick told Mary.

Mary nodded to Derrick then vanished. She felt that Emperor Kandra, would be waiting for her call.

Rayburn’s smile was getting larger and larger They already had four gigabytes when they started this. Looking at the data he saw that they had just loaded fourteen more. At this rate they should have the data in the box far sooner. The thing was even after a continuous fourteen gigabytes, Kimison was still going with the data stream stable.

Obviously whatever Kimison had gained in his last download, was making all this possible.

“It appears that we have all of the personality loaded. Many of the ship parameters are loaded also. Is it possible that the A.I. could do the rest?” Rayburn asked.

Pausing only a moment Kimison answered, “I am hoping that with what we have it will. I still want to get the last of the parameters loaded before we let the A.I. try to take over. I think that would be advisable, don’t you?”

Rayburn had been going over the data the whole time Kimison had been working. Looking it over again he finally nodded.

“I agree, having all the parameters in, does seem to enable the A.I. to the point that you mentioned. Though with only fifteen gigabytes, do you assume that the A.I., will be able to completely take over?” Rayburn asked.

This time Kimison did pause, then he rapidly advanced through all the readings that Rayburn had just perused.

“From what I see, the A.I. should be capable, after this last gigabyte is added.” Kimison stated as he went back to adding the data at a blurred speed.

It was a mere two minutes later that Kimison stopped then stepped back. “There, I think that should do it.”

A few moments later there was a static sound coming from the speakers. Slowly the sound started to clear with a voice emerging.

“Hello? Is anyone there? I seemed to be a little lost.” The voice stated.

Kimison smiled at Rayburn then looked at Tempro. “I think that it’s time to call the Emperor.”

“Contacting him now Coronels.” Tempro responded.

Derrick was still waiting for Mary to get back to him, when his com went off. Looking over to it, he could only sigh. Now what in the hell had they done?

Clicking on the comp. Derrick could see the anxious faces of Kimison and Rayburn. “So,” Derrick started, “seeing as both of you aren’t worried I take it you have good news?”

“Yes sir, we have. We have the complete personality loaded along with the basic parameters.” Kimison reported.

Derrick was nodding as Rayburn continued where Kimison left off. “We both believe there is enough for the A.I. to take over the rest of the data transfer.”

Again Derrick was nodding when an extremely familiar voice spoke up. “Can someone please explain to me what is going on?” Derrick froze, holy shit! That was his voice! Well pretty damn close to it.

The day most definitely went from strange to absolutely weird. Derrick opened his mouth to speak then closed it. He did this a few timers before he was able to get the words out.

“I don’t remember telling you to give my personality my voice.” Derrick said a little sternly, causing both Kimison and Rayburn to have hurt expressions on their faces.

“Sir? We didn’t, that was all the voice synthesizers. We can put in suggestions, though we have no say so in the final voice.” Rayburn explained.

Derrick looked at each man, not completely sure he could believe what they had just said. With a smirk he continued to stare at both of them.

“I want to see the data on this,” Derrick finally stated.

Both men again had a hurt expression on their face, “sir? You don’t believe us?” Kimison asked.

“Knowing the both of you, as I do the rest of the men. I wouldn’t put it past either of you at this point.” Derrick said another smirk on his face.

“You could just give them the benefit of a doubt.” They all heard the Empresses voice behind Derrick.

“Under normal circumstances I would. You have to realize Shelby, these two are too smart for their own good. Then there is their propensity for jokes when they are bored.” Derrick explained.

If looks could kill, both men felt that they would have died a few thousand times, from the look Shelby gave them.

“Let us hope,” she stated her voice tight and terse. “That the will refrain from this in the future. I can make sure they are NEVER bored again!”

Both men shivered at the implied threat that Shelby had just issued. They both quickly turned to Derrick.

“The data is all there sir. It is dependent upon the A.I.’s personality.” Rayburn stated.

Derrick’s smirk hadn’t completely disappeared as he rapidly went through the data. Nodding he looked at both men then Shelby, “alright I believe you. At least this time there is actual data to back you up.”

“As many machines as we have here, there is little time to become bored.” Kimison said both men purposely turning toward Shelby.

This time it was Shelby’s turn to smirk. “I hope that is the truth gentlemen, I have more than enough to keep the both of you busy the next few years.”

Both men nervously bowed to Shelby, “it is mam, on our honor.”

“I really hate to barge in on your conversation but, can someone help me now?” The A.I.’s voice broke in.

“Sorry,” Derrick said, “I’m not even sure what I should call you.”

“Sir? You are the emperor are you not? I don’t have all the parameters download yet, though I know you are very important. I would be honored if you named me, if that is appropriate?” The A.I. voice replied.

Both men and Shelby turned toward Derrick as he thought a moment longer. “After thinking about it the only name I could think of was Derry. It was a name that Captain Mara used to call me when she was much younger. What do you think?”

There was silence for a few more moments the A.I. spoke up. “I am honored to be named a name you were once called. Thank you sire, I will do my best to not bring dishonor to it.”

“Good, rest soon you will have all the parameters you need. Then, we can get you whole, helping the others that we need to regrow.” Derrick stated as Kimison and Rayburn clicked off.

Shelby moved to Derrick a moment later. “Derrick? Is something troubling you?”

Taking a deep breath Derrick nodded, “I am going to have to set a meeting with the Delcron Emperor. How I can do this, in person, without Mary and his guards trying to start a war, has me somewhat frustrated.”

Shelby lightly touched the side of Derrick’s face, sending what felt like an electric shock through him. “I am sure you can think of something, especially as brilliant as you are.”

Derrick’s head snapped up to stare at Shelby, looking closer he didn’t see deception. What he did see was an adoring love in her eyes.

Emperor Kandra of the Delcron Empire, wasn’t as patient as he often let on. Even in the instance of dealing with another emperor of another empire. He’d expected the non Delcron emperor to get back to him as soon as possible.

Kandra was about to begin pacing again when Mary’s voice broke his thoughts. “Sir, I have talked to the Emperor O’Toma. He also wishes to discuss this with you. I shall be connecting you to him in moments.”

“Good, I look forward to putting this all to rest.” Kandra replied, then sat hoping this could be resolved soon.

Derrick almost jumped when Mary came back on. “Sire, I have Emperor Kandra of the Delcron Empire. Sirs, due to the equipment we are transmitting through, I am afraid that the quality of the transmission will be poor.”

Both males were nodding at this, Kandra decided to start first. “Emperor O’Toma, I am afraid that according to our customs, your officer is scheduled to marry my daughter. Our law dictates that if he defeats her in courting battle, she belongs to him in marriage. When he left as quickly as he did he dishonored her, this I can not allow to go unchallenged.”

Derrick was nodding his head with a sigh, it was about as he thought it had been. He had half a mind to have Mary transport Jimison onboard Emperor Kandra’s ship. Shaking his head he knew this wasn’t the way to do things.

“Emperor Kandra, since this accrued within your empire, our laws do not apply. Though we do not want an incident that would make our empires enemies, is there any way out of this? I do not want your daughter dishonored any more than, I want any of my officers.” Derrick replied.

Kandra was silent for a few moments then spoke up. “The only thing I can see, is if another female issued a challenge against my daughter. That way her honor as well as the family’s could be restored. Of course, if my daughter wins the challenge then my daughter would still belong to your officer, then we’re right back where we started.”

“That is a definite possibility, though could your daughter take defeat twice?” Derrick asked.

“I would say that she would, she is after all a very honorable warrior.” Came the voice of Difina.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close