Lost Empire
Chapter 72

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship)
0125 - Lars
0200 - Ellen
0250 - Tendra
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0667 - Marco - Brown
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0805 - Toran
0808 - Radella
0908 - Tara - Mara
1000 - Sherry


Ungrown - unnumbered


0100 - Derry (father ship)

0999 - Zan - still lost

Rescued from Tendraxians so far


6 on Shelby
8 on Lucy


Known and OR numbered


0501 - Thaddeus
???? - Lena


“Please tell me your designation,” Kimison stated as he was typing rapidly.

They had been working non-stop since talking to the Emperor. Now, with all they had added, the A.I. had taken over. It was almost half an hour later, they could see that the A.I. was passed two terabytes. Good, it was drawing the data at a faster rate.

“My designation is EIG-100, my name is Derry as assigned by the emperor. A name that I will proudly wear.” Derry stated.

“Good, your personality is almost complete. As soon as the rest is added, you can start your regen. With the extra power that we have been supplying, that shouldn’t be far off. Besides that, you only have tactical, operational and a few other partial parameters left. Perhaps another half hour.” Rayburn stated.

“I thank you both for the chance to serve the emperor. Though, as I am beginning to suspect, my personality is that of the Emperor. From all I am seeing, I am to be the new father ship of the fleet?” Derry asked.

“Yes, that is correct, I am hoping that this is not causing difficulties within your matrix?” Kimison asked as he was watching the readings that were flashing before him.

“No Colonel, I am detecting nothing out of place. All appears to be as it should. I am operating at optimal efficiency.” Derry replied.

Kimison blew out a small breath that he’d been holding, as he nodded to Rayburn. He’d been afraid that the strong personality of the commander might not integrate as well as it had. There was still a danger, though, at this point, they were well past the extremely dangerous points.

“Alright Derry, we are going to shut you down to conserve and build your power. Soon, you should be able to commence your regen.” Rayburn advised the A.I.

“Thank you, Colonels, I look forward to serving alongside the both of you.” The A.I. said then was silent as Kimison shut it down.

“Damn, I’m glad that he’ll be able to assist Shelby with the regens,” Rayburn said relief in his voice.

“I am also, the sooner we have them back the better. Like I said before, I know how they feel, alone within a tiny space. Not sure if you are going to live or die, almost praying at times, that you die in your sleep to end the pain and nightmares.” Here Kimison turned his tear-streaked face toward Rayburn. “Thank you for not leaving me alone.”

Rayburn growled as he remembered the condition that Kimison had been in. “If I could, I’d destroy that damn place. Veterans center? No, more like a torture center. No one gives a shit that we sacrificed all, to protect them. Then to just be thrown away like we were garbage.” A loud crash was heard as Rayburn punched the nearest bulkhead.

Tempro appeared a moment later, “Colonel!” Tempro said, “You have almost broken several fingers, wrist bones plus I am seeing slight fractures to the end of your Ulna and Radius bones.”

Rayburn turned to stare at Tempro, then saw that Kimison was rushing to him. “Damn it Steven, I know that has to hurt.”

“No not really Jordan, it’s not bad at all,” Rayburn stated, then started to winch as the adrenaline wore off. Then the throbbing pain started in. “Oh shit! I didn’t think I hit it that hard.”

“Tempro, med bay now!” Kimison ordered as both men vanished.


He was almost ready to depart for the Republic planet. A soft chiming was sounding in the air. Where in the hell was that coming from? Hartwell looked around his parent’s home. Nothing there, he turned to give his mother a hug, then shake his father’s hand. He’d enlisted the day before, making both his parents proud. ‘Stay alive and come back to us,’ they both said.

His little sister had rushed to grab him in an almost bear hug. His brother William had sadly shaken his hand before he turned to go. This would be the last time he’d ever see all of them alive.

Still, there was a soft chiming coming from the air. Then he was suddenly hearing a males voice calling him softly.

His eyes snapping open Hartwell stated, “Yes?”

“Admiral I believe that we can depart. I know that the emperor is expecting you back as soon as possible. I believe he needs you now “ Johnathon said.

“Alright, I’ll be ready in a mom ... what the hell? What in the hell is she doing here?” Hartwell asked staring at a naked Bee, asleep at the foot of his rack.

“Sir, Prime Lucie was in command. You stated that you wanted me to alleviate all the females’ stress. She was extremely stressed when you came here. Prime Lucie, advised me that, if I allowed her in here with you, that her stress would dissipate.” Johnathon explained. “As you can see it did.”

Hartwell could only roll his eyes; Lucie was far smarter than he’d given her credit for. Nodding his head, he thought yes, I’m going to have to keep an eye on her.

Taking a deep breath Hartwell started, “alright IMT us to the...”

“I am afraid that she was terrified the last time she was IMTed. I am afraid that it will cause her that distress again.” Johnathon said.

Hartwell sighed in defeat, he then reached down to softly shake Bee awake. “Bee, we have to go.”

Bee stretched as her eyes flickered open, then she jumped to her feet. Bowing low she said, “I am sorry that I was resting Lord sir. I finished your room, I got it as clean as I could.”

Hartwell looked around, he had to admit it was the cleanest he’d seen it in some time He shook his head, no sense in getting soft now. “We have to go; I was advised that all of you can travel now.”

An almost look of terror appeared on Bee’s face. “You mean we will have to travel through the evil blinking eye movement? Lord sir, we will die if we enter that again. Why... ?

“You have traveled through it twice you are still alive. It appears that my sister being near all of you, helped to dissipate the energy that was killing you. You will be safe, I...” Hartwell was saying when Bee spoke up.

“Lord Sir,” she started her head down a small smile on her face. “If I can convince them that it is safe, will you seriously consider bonding with me?”

Hartwell’s head snapped around to stare at Bee. So, the females weren’t as docile as they at first appeared to be.

“I am afraid that I cannot make a promise to something, I am nothing but unsure of,” Hartwell replied.

“Lord sir, I am not sure if I can continue as we are. Without some idea as to the future of myself and the others, I am afraid there isn’t much I feel I can do.” Bee said, still not raising her head as her smile had grown larger.

Hartwell groaned inwardly, how in the hell had he gotten himself mixed up in all this. He and the commander need to have it out again. This was definitely an invasion into his life that he didn’t need.

“IF,” Hartwell said a little sternly, “you can convince them, we have no problems with them and you behave when I set you down on the planet, I...”

“Lord sir, I am afraid that according to the laws that govern us, I am not allowed to leave your side. While you are considering this, it simply is not allowed,” Bee stated with a completely serious face.

“Here, you cannot...” Hartwell started.

“I am not a citizen of this empire; I, therefore, do not know or am I subject to its laws,” Bee replied still serious.

Inwardly Hartwell groaned while looking at Bee. Shaking his head he thought, and here I thought that the females of that world were far more uneducated. His eyes narrowed as he looked closer at Bee, he was going to have to watch Bee and his sister, that was for sure.

“Alright, I will consider, though it may be a while before I can decide. We have an invasion to stop first. Then the Delcrons to meet with.” Hartwell said.

They both smiled, then, made their way to the bridge where Bee quietly talked to the other three Tendraxian females.

A moment later Bee walked to Hartwell. “They have stated they will sit quietly until we have stopped.”

A small smile came to his lips, “Alright Johnathon, Let’s go, Imperial planet.”

“Yes Prime,” Johnathon said as there was a wind up then they winked out.


Derrick was still seething about this newest invasion. He was still getting everything together when Shelby chimed.

“Yes? What’s wrong?” Derrick asked as soon as Shelby’s hologram appeared.

“I am sorry to disturb you, Derrick. We have another ship from Jitaku that just exited hyperspace. They are asking permission to speak to you.” Shelby told him.

Oh crap! He’d forgotten about the clan doctor that was coming. “Please put them through,” Derrick replied.

A moment later an older, slim Oriental woman’s hologram appeared before Derrick.

“Greetings esteemed one, I am Doctor Akira Fuwa Dempsey. I am the brain specialist of the Dempsey clan. I ask permission to come aboard, I understand that you are preparing for war. I lend my services if needed.” Akira stated.

Derrick nodded then replied. “I am preparing for war, permission granted. A large area has been prepared for you. You have again brought honor to your clan; I await your coming aboard.”

Akira smiled wide as she bowed to Derrick. She had practiced her greeting many times. She had hoped that it would appease the great man as was the offer of her services.

Derrick clicked on Dempsy’s quarters, “Colonel?”

“Yes, Sire?” Came Dempsy’s reply.

“The clan doctor has arrived, I thought you might wish to be there to greet her.” Derrick informed Dempsy.

Dempsy’s eyes were wide a moment then he nodded as he thought, ‘So they sent her.’ “Thank you sir, we will be there when she lands.”

A few minutes later, the second, sleek, Jitakun ship landed next to Onai’s ship. Looking out, a small smile crossed her lips, it was as she thought, Onai wasn’t about to let him out of her sight.

Even as her ship’s door opened, she saw that both Kimon and Onai were there to greet her.

Both bowed low, “Idaina isha, I greet and welcome you to the Emperor’s lead ship. We are here to insure that your stay is a welcome one.” Kimon said.

The doctor smiled, “It has been a very long time since you were with the clan, Masutākimon. We have missed you greatly, I the most, mothers can begin to think that their child has forgotten them.”

“I will be returning to the clan, as soon as I finish this latest mission for the Emperor.” Kimon stated as he bowed.

The doctor looked deep into Kimon’s eyes, “Um hm, we shall see Masutākimon, we shall see. Please take me to your clan brother Norman. I need to examine him as soon as possible. If, all is well, all his requests fulfilled, then I will release the mind shield.”

A movement next to then drew her attention, “Ah, Riku. I take it you have all the readings that I will need?”

Riku bowed low, replying, “Hai doctor, I was hoping that they sent you.”

The doctor nodded as she took all the readouts that Riku was holding, going through them at an almost impossible speed.

“So it appears that he is where he wished to be, I have to wonder though why it took far longer than I thought it would.” The doctor stated slightly perplexed. “I see,” She said as she looked at all three of them there. “Lead me to him, there is still much to do.”

All four of them walked a ways not conversing much. Stepping through a doorway, Kimon saw that they were in the training room.

Akira looked around critically at the room then nodded. “This will do, all we need now is the patient.

Kimon nodded as he spoke softly into his com. A few moments later Daniel Norman, walked through the doorway a look of confusion on his face.

He looked at the four people before him his confusion only lasted a moment, espying the doctor. Bowing low he said, “Greetings Isha, it has been a very long time since our paths crossed.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close