Lost Empire - Cover

Lost Empire

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

Chapter 75

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship)
0125 - Lars
0130 - Gillese
0200 - Ellen
0250 - Tendra
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0805 - Toran
0808 - Radella
0881 - Handrax
0908 - Tara - Mara
1000 - Sherry


Ungrown - unnumbered


0100 - Derry (father ship)

Rescued from Tendraxians so far


4 on Shelby 2 in re-gen
8 on Lucy


Known and OR numbered


0501 - Thaddeus
???? - Lena


missing - 0667 - Marco
0999 - Zan - still lost


Everyone turned to stare at Derrick then moved to release Jimison. “Thank you sire, I’ll try not to let you down.” With that Jimison and Difina stepped into the area cleared for them.

Jimison took a defensive stance as did Difina. It wasn’t until she released her claws that the humanoid side started to get nervous.

Jimison threw a whirling kick that was far faster than she was expecting as it knocked her back a good fifty feet. Roaring back, a smile on her face, Difina moved in to begin her assault.

Difina came bounding back like an animal on the hunt. Spinning she feigned a high hit, instead changing direction going for Jimison’s legs.

Jimison smiled broadly as he also went low catching Difina by both legs. A shocked look covered her features, then an even more look of shock as she was lifted, then flipped downward. Landing with an oomph, it took her a few moments to recover.

Difina wiped a few drops of blood off her mouth then licked it clean. “First blood I salute you, I will not allow you to do so again.” She hissed.

Jimison smirked, “I think you should get used to it. You move just as you did before, you’re almost telling me what you are going to do.”

Difina roared then rushed Jimison, at the last moment she stopped short swinging her clawed paw. Jimison shook his head then snatched her arm to the side. Slightly pulling, he had her flipping through the air again, landing flat on her back.

“Much better you almost got close to me.” Jimison said.

A look of anger covered Difina’s face as she flipped up. Landing in front of Jimison, she actually took him by surprise. Swinging her clawed paw again, she hit Jimison in the chest as he was pulling back.

The resounding crack let all know that she’d possibly broken a rib or two. Stumbling back Jimison saw movement among the Delcon party, then saw a flash of a weapon.

Moving far faster than he thought he could, Jimison hit Difina taking her and himself to the ground. There was a flash as the weapon was fired striking Jimison across his back.

To the surprise of everyone the assailant was dead a moment later, Kimon standing over one of the Delcron space commander’s body. Kimon turned to Emperor Kandra bowing. “I apologize for not moving faster sir, I might have captured him alive.”

Kandra’s eyes were wide, the male had moved? He’d seen nothing, one moment he was there, the next he was over the body. “No apologies needed, though I think that your friend is in trouble.”

The mournful sound coming from where Difina and Jimison had been fighting drew their attention. Difina was holding Jimison close howling at the top of her voice. Akira had already moved to Jimison passing several compact medical scanners over him.

Akira tried to get Difina to release Jimison, only to be swiped at, then a low threatening growl and hiss started.

Akira took a step then seemed to disappear, a moment later she appeared two fingers pressed to the side of Difina’s neck. Difina growled looking at the hand then promptly passed out.

“We need to get him to the ship; I can save him though we have to go NOW!” Akira said, then sighed when she couldn’t remove Difina’s arms from around Jimison’s body.

Akira turned to Derrick, “I’m afraid that we’re going to have to take the princess with us if I am to save him.”

Kandra’s eyes went large, “I assume you are telling me so as to not start a war?” Kandra said. When Akira only nodded, Kandra went on. “I will allow it, though she will have to return soon or that might still happen.”

Akira bowed slightly, “I thought as much when I saw the look on the other’s faces. I assume you wish,” here she indicated Kimon. “That he be placed to guard her? He is by far the best, as he did teach Jimison basic kills.”

Once again Kandra’s eyes were wide, Jimison only had basic skills? Plus, he’d saved his daughter with speed far beyond normal. If the one who’d taught Jimison was better, than by all means he did concur.

Kandra turned toward Derrick, “I know that your word holds much with your people. If you can have him watch her I will agree.”

Derrick nodded looking up, then suddenly all of the human side vanished. Kandra could only shake his head, then turned toward his own party. “I want all that you can garner on his reasons, for the attack.”

A few moments later a small shuttle landed with more than a few troops disembarking. Kandra was moving to his own shuttle when there was a commotion past his troops.

“NO! You will not take me, ugh!” They all heard then the troops parted revealing another of his space fleet commanders was on the ground. Standing above him was the female that had been with Jimison’s male teacher. What was her name? Ah! Onai!

The troopers were all pointing weapons at her when Kandra raised a paw. All lowered their weapons. “My future mate thought that there might be another assassin here, this one,” here she kicked the male. “This one had a weapon trained on you. I was able to render him inert, though conscious.”

Kandra nodded staring at the commander he’d known for a long time. “So, you have decided to betray me I...” Kandra started.

“Betray? No, I wish to restore glory...” The male Delcron started.

Onai again kicked the male in the face. “Enough pretender, reveal who you truly are!”

The male threw looks of hatred like daggers at her then hissed. “Sssso, there are ssstill those that can detect usss. The one who would have melded the empires together will not live. Our mission was sssuccessssful, neither will you find all of usss before it is too late. We will...” Was the last the male got out before Onai separated his head from the body.

Onai turned then bowed slightly to Kandra, “I apologize sir. I was afraid that it might activate others while it was still alive.”

Kandra nodded then ordered the others in the shuttle. “Have you any ideas as to why they only attacked now?”

Onai could only shake her head, “it could be a number of things. The metal on your ships, the fields they produce. It appears they have had something of a plan like this for a while. Obviously, they fear that both empires will destroy them.”

Kandra scratched his chin then nodded. “I will have to proceed carefully for the moment.”

A moment later Derrick’s visage appeared through Onai’s com. “It was as we thought sire.” Onai stated as she knelt. “There was another attempt this time on the emperor. It appeared that the longer the subordinates where here, the more susceptible they were to the delta waves we detected.”

Kandra could only shake his head, this human empire was far more honorable than he’d at first thought.

“It’s good that you stayed then.” Derrick turned toward Kandra, “if there is nothing else. I think that we should retire and plan.”

Kandra nodded, “I agree, I will contact you after we are finished with our investigation.”

Onai bowed to Kandra, then Derrick right before she also vanished. Kandra shook his head, this humanoid empire most definitely had more than A FEW SECRETS.

On board Shelby, Akira was racing to do all that she could to stabilize Jimison. Though he was in no imminent danger, she was afraid he might still die. Oddly enough, it seemed that whatever energy the weapon had used, had been attuned to Jimison specifically.

Akira looked over Jimison, her eyes falling on Difina, so far nothing she had done, had released the female’s grip. A search through her memories on the Delcron physiology, finally gave her an answer. Leaning down she whispered in Difina’s ear. The female issued a sigh then relaxed her hold on Jimison.

Akira shook her head as she started to apply pressure to several areas of Jimison’s body. Moments later a soft sigh also issued from Jimison’s lips. Akira nodded, her hands starting to blur, moving faster and faster ‘til they appeared to disappear.

Difina was having a horrible sleep vision. She’d actually gotten a hit in on Jimison, he’d honored her by not only not going down, he’d also not issued a sound. She knew from the moment that, NO ONE would ever take the place in her heart that Jimison now occupied.

Then to her horror, he’d saved her life bestowing the greatest honor he could on her. He had to live, he had to, she had never met a male like him. She was after all his as, he was hers, she’d absolutely hated to challenge him though, it was tradition. Without the traditions they had, what were they but beasts!

It was only ten minutes after they had arrived, that Difina’s eyes snapped open. From experience she didn’t move a muscle, to do so would reveal that she was battle ready. A look to her side, showed that she was in a stark room much like the med rooms on her father’s ships.

Difina’s eyes fell on Jimison’s body on a medical like table. It appeared that the Akira female, was working on him, the strange thing was that Difina couldn’t follow the female’s hands.

Difina was about to spring from where she was laying when Akira spoke. “I suggest little one, that you not move for a time. I immobilized you with a bundle of nerves in your neck. It might be a little bit before you regain full control of your muscles.”

Difina scoffed jumping to her feet only to have them wobble then she was falling to the deck. Akira sighed when she saw this then saw the pain that Difina was in. Almost too fast for Difina to follow Akira was beside her pressing two fingers into her back and neck.

Difina drew a deep breath as most of the dizziness faded. Difina could only stare at the humanoid doctor, how had she learned their top doctor’s healing ways? By the great feline she almost felt normal!

Difina bowed low to the deck, “you are obviously a legendary healer. You performed a healing technique that I have seen only the finest physicians of my world perform. Please great healer, will he who I belong to, survive? Is there anything that I can do to help?”

Akira was shocked only a moment, then shook her head. “No, I am afraid there isn’t. Though you may remain til such time that he awakens.”

A huge smile crept to Difina’s face, bowing again she backed away then sat on her haunches nearby.

Akira was about to ask Difina to sit out of the way, when the female did so without Akira saying a thing. A small smile crossed Akira’s features, this new species it appeared, was better mannered then their humanoid counter parts.

It also appeared, that she was going to be detained here far longer than she thought she would be. She would have to announce this to her clan, it’s leader. She also needed to inform the council and its leader, Onai’s father, Isamu Sakuta. Then again, she thought, the master probably already had an idea about all this.

Difina watched Akira closely, again she was amazed at the speed of the humanoid healer. So far, everything the female had said she’d more than backed up by her actions.

Difina had held her position for almost two hours watching, when she heard Jimison groan. It took all that she had to resist rushing to Jimison’s side. Akira noticed this nodding slightly to show her appreciation.

With each passing moment Difina was having more and more difficulty. The gnawing feeling of almost desperation growing in her chest. Lost in her thoughts, she almost missed Akira’s motion to her to approach.

Difina rushed to Jimison’s side, though pale he was still alive. “My Difina, I am sorry I didn’t move faster. I...” Jimison’s low throaty whisper started.

Difina softly place a finger like appendage on her paw on Jimison’s lips. “What you did has as far as I am concerned, negated any reason for this contest to continue. You are mine; I will never have another, I feel that no other will honor me as you have.” Here Difina bowed to the floor, “command me mate I am and will always belong to you.”

A groan different from the physical pain one issued from Jimison’s lips. “Difina I don’t want a slave I...” Jimison stopped as soon as Difina started to issue a low threatening growl.

“I am no slave, nor will I ever be!” Difina stated her eyes flashing in anger as she looked up. “I am your mate, you may command me, not order me.” Came Difina’s angry explanation.

An extremely confused Jimison looked at her, “aren’t they the same thing?”

“NO!” Difina almost shouted. “Between mates they are far different things. I hope to have the time to, “show” you the difference.”

“I will obviously need the time to learn, I...” Jimison started then his eyes rolled up as he passed out.

An almost panicked Difina turned to Akira, “healer!”

Akira was once again moving at blurred speed as she checked Jimison. Turning to Difina, Akira said, “his body had to fight the energy that was trying to kill him. It took much of his own energy, rest should have him better soon. I am afraid though, the scars on his back might never disappear.”

Difina’s eyes shone brightly, “he is a warrior, I am sure he will wear them with pride.”

Akira could only shake her head. “Perhaps with your people, a humanoid male can differ greatly than those of your race.”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close