Trying to Be Normal
12: An Interesting Second Date

Copyright© 2017 by Vincent Berg

I was anxious the next day, Friday, both because of my upcoming second date with Chalise, and also because I was curious how they’d both take what they’d experienced yesterday. I wondered whether it may just have been enough to push them over the edge, going from ‘interesting’ to ‘scary’.

Allison informed me that she and Shani would be working on preparing and sending their resumes to Ryan for his consideration. I asked if she was possibly putting him into an uncomfortable area, essentially whether she was asking him to fudge official records. She carefully explained that she didn’t expect him to lie, and that she was planning on being brutally honest about what she’d spent her time doing, but that she was only looking to him for a referral. She then laughed, saying she probably didn’t really need it, since she had such glowing ones from her old ‘friends’, but she thought the head of a local hospital, potentially with connections to the nearby University’s Board of Directors, would help.

The reaction to me at school this whole week had been interesting as well. It seems each time I’d pass the two girls in the hall they’d both just burst out giggling. That, combined with the fact that neither revealed any details of what had occurred between us, managed to effectively end any rumors of my being the new teenaged Lothario. Everyone just assumed they were laughing at my inadequacies in the romance department. As embarrassing as that was, it was actually a relief. Everyone began to assume I was just a normal kid again, and started to treat me like they did everyone else. I wondered about a possible undercurrent from Chalise’s and Kitty’s friends though. Surely they’d know I still had dates with them coming up, and they’d surely know all the details of our decision. But so far they seemed to be keeping most of it under wraps. How they managed that with a bunch of gossip-oriented high school girls I’ll never know.

I was also amazed that Cate had, so far, managed to hide all traces of our relationship. In school, she was still flirting with her same beard, as it were, and we made it a point not to show each other any clear signs of affection while in public. But we’d always been quite close, so I’m not sure anything short of a make out session on the school grounds would have really affected anyone’s view of us.

I also hadn’t had much of a chance to show her much affection since our first time. Sure, she slept with the other girls in my room and we fooled around, but I hadn’t spent any meaningful alone time with her. Everything else having suddenly popped up and everyone else needing attention as well, but I hoped to make that up to her soon.

My attempts to broaden my range of friends by touring the various lunchroom tables had produced mixed results. Sometimes I’d be welcomed, sometimes I’d be rejected, other times I’d be flatly shot down—like when I tried to sit at a semi-popular clique’s table. I didn’t even try the table where Darrell’s teammates sat. I figured that was sure to be an angry crowd, and I didn’t need any fights. Plus I really didn’t want to make Darrell uncomfortable. I was kind of getting to like the big galoot, despite the fact we only talked the once. But I was slowly building up a whole cadre of new friendly faces, although I wouldn’t qualify any of them as “friends” yet.

Mike and company seemed pleased by the recent turn of events with the girls. Seems Mike was correct in his assessment of my other “friends”. They all despised me as a group, not that I really had to worry about them much though. They were such loners that they’d hardly be able to make an impact on anyone else. I’d tried reaching out to them, but it was already too late. Too much had passed between us. But my new standing was jeopardized when the girls both started cozying up to me on Friday, making several kids second guess their newly revised estimations of me, again! Chalise even managed to give me a quick kiss and hug in the hallway in front of some of her brother’s friends.

This was really getting out of hand. I was going to confront her about it when she practically skipped happily away from me, calling out how much she was looking forward to tonight. I just shrugged like I didn’t know what she was referring to when Darrell’s friends all glared at me. Damn, I needed another talk with everyone involved. But then, ‘everyone involved’ was turning out to be quite a few people. Turns out living as a solitary figure is a LOT simpler than juggling multiple groups of women. Who’d have guessed?

When I got home the girls were all atwitter again. They insisted on getting, and keeping me, worked up. “No need to drain you of your essential energies tonight,” they insisted. Needless to say I’d informed them I planned on taking things slow and letting them set the pace. Becky showed up shortly after work to help out. “Hey, that’s what I promised to do,” she argued, observing the teasing the girls were heaping upon me. She kept a running commentary on the shenanigans my being dressed entailed.

“There’s no A.D. avoidance drainage planned tonight,” Allison informed my disappointed sisters.

“Huh, what’s ‘A.D.’?” Becky asked, confused by the new term.

“Accidental Discharge,” Allison replied, laughing at her own joke.

Luckily I didn’t have to worry about Chalise showing up to a house full of people tonight as we’d agreed I could pick her up instead.

When I showed up, I noticed an absence of cars indicating her brothers likely weren’t home. I still hadn’t met her father, and as far as I knew, he still may not have even known about me. Heck, for all I knew, he still might not know his lone daughter dated at all!

When I rang the doorbell, Caroline opened the door and immediately gave me a kiss and a big hug, like I was some long lost relative. Inviting me in, she asked, “Is what Chalise been telling me true?” I started blushing heavily once more.

“Well, I’m not sure what she’s been telling you, but I can’t imagine anything any more embarrassing than the truth, so I guess, yeah,” I confessed.

“Sheez,” she commented, “you think you’ve reached the extreme when your teenage daughter wants to date a boy with a bunch of other girlfriends and a house full of giggling relatives, who are all telling me about what a wonderful time they’re going to provide my daughter when she finally decides to sleep with him. But this just gets better and better.” I raised my eyebrow in concern at her choice of words.

“Look, Mrs. Jones, this wasn’t my idea,” I protested feebly.

“You can forget the ‘Mrs. Jones’ nonsense,” she informed me, kissing me again. “We’re both well past that level of formality. You don’t invite the mother of your girlfriend to share your bedroom with you as you violate her daughter without getting to call her by her first name,” she teased me, proving what I’d begun to fear was a wide conspiracy to torment me at every opportunity. “And secondly, I can well imagine it wasn’t your idea. You seem to have this uncanny ability to downgrade yourself and still end up with everything you could possibly desire. You’ll have to teach me that trick sometime.”

“Where’s the rest of the family?” I asked.

“Oh, here and there,” she responded noncommittally. “Rodger is off watching his boys play their little sports games,” she stated dismissively.

“Why am I getting the impression you’re trying to keep your husband ignorant of your daughter’s dates?” I inquired.

“Well, first of all he doesn’t seem to give a damn about his daughter, other than to berate her, secondly ... Well, let’s just say, I think it’s in your own best interest if he remains that way.”

“You don’t think he’d appreciate me then?” I asked humorously.

“I don’t think he’d appreciate anyone dating HIS daughter,” she stressed. “Note, she’s only his daughter when this particular subject comes up, however,” she added.

“So, should I ask, am I still invited to my daughter’s initiation ceremony, if there’s going to be two of them there? And, if so, will Kitty’s mother be there as well?” She giggled at her own humor.

“You’ll have to ask the people who originally invited you,” I clarified. “I usually don’t get a vote in such issues.”

“Well, finally here’s my lucky girl,” she stated, still laughing, as we turned to see Chalise descending the stair in a very pretty, very low cut little flower patterned dress. She had high heels, her nails were nicely done, and her hair was up in a fresh hairstyle.

“Not much sense in getting dressed up for the initiation,” Caroline stressed, seeing me examining her daughter’s looks. “It’d only get messed up anyway, much better to show it off ahead of time.”

“Mom!” Chalise cried as she hurried down the rest of the stairs to protect me from her maternal saboteur.

“Well, Goodnight and have a good time,” she offered as she kissed us both goodbye. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t, which, at this point, isn’t very limiting,” she laughed. This time we both blushed for a change.

“My mother has it bad for you, she seems to like teasing you,” Chalise insisted as we headed to my car.

“I seem to be having that effect on women recently, but I think it’s all done out of affection. My father seems to have a theory about that as well.”

“Oh, and what is that.”

“I’ll have to tell you later.”

“Oh, one of those theories,” she laughed, already suspecting the worst. I’ve got to stop leaving so many damn clues whenever I’m with one of these two. But then again, after I revealed so much last night, maybe I should just stop worrying about it. They’re either going to be OK with it all or not, and stressing about it won’t make a damn bit of difference, one way or the other.

I took us to a Jazz recital I’d heard about being performed about an hour away. I’d shifted our date to an hour earlier just so we could catch it. She seemed to enjoy it, though I was worried she might want a more modern musical interlude. She curled up into my side, ignoring the interfering armrest as best we could. I put my arm over her shoulders, which she casually moved from her shoulder to the edge of her breast for me. I gave it a gently reassuring squeeze, just to let it know it was appreciated and she sighed in return. Afterward we had dinner at a small restaurant nearby that also featured candlelit dinners.

Chalise talked about how much she appreciated a wide variety of musical styles, growing tired of the continual spiel of top favorites and the ever present Rap her brothers all listened to regularly. She laughingly told me that was one benefit of dating a white boy, he wouldn’t always be trying to be a pretentious gangster. “At least you’re honest about the various women you date,” she added. I decided to simply take that as a compliment, and not to try to pick it apart.

I felt bad I couldn’t tell her more about my life as she confided in me about her ambitions, her likes and dislikes, her friends and their ambitions. For me, those had all changed very recently, and I couldn’t really discuss the changes or what they entailed, without some heavy editing. I hoped it wouldn’t reflect badly on me or make me seem less than forthcoming, but she showed no sense of non-acceptance of what I told her.

“Can we go to your house afterward?” she asked. “I’m not exactly ready for the rose strewn environment, but a nice neck on your couch would be nice. That is,” she teased, “if you can keep your family and friends from gawking.”

“Consider it done.” I told her.

“Don’t you need to call them first? You know, to remove all the aforementioned rose petals and all.”

“Nah, they’re pretty good at anticipating things like this.” Actually, I’d just sent a mental message to Shani regarding it.

On the drive home, she leaned over (I have those crummy bucket seats) and ran her hand gently along my thigh, occasionally rubbing it over my continuing erection. It’d only gone down intermittently during the course of the evening. I tried holding her as much as I could, but it was hard to do while driving. Modern cars just aren’t designed for romantic interludes in the front seats while driving.

Pulling up at my house, I escorted her into the now eerily quiet and seemingly empty house. True to form, there was some romantic music playing as we entered. I didn’t know what kind of stuff they put on or how long it would last, but I had a sneaky feeling someone had thought of that for me.

Chalise and I immediately settled down on the couch, and she seemed to melt into my arms as we began kissing. This was pleasant, and was a nice change from standing to kiss someone while their family waits for them inside. This felt less pressured and allowed us to relax and just enjoy each other. It wasn’t long before I found my hands up her blouse, where I discovered nary a bra in sight. Meanwhile she had opened all my buttons and was currently exploring my chest and stomach muscles, or lack thereof.

Things continued to heat up as time went by, and the music did keep pace with us. I also detected the scent of honeysuckle in the distance somewhere, and imagined it might just be candles burning somewhere out of sight. The lighting was left low for us without it seeming to have been purposely set that way by anyone. I’d have to compliment the girls on their subtlety.

We progressed to our both becoming topless, her dress off completely, and her thin panties providing little protection from wandering hands. Although I still wore my slacks, she’d managed to fish my erect cock out so she could play with it a little while we made out, but it was all still very relaxed and playful. We were both quite enjoying ourselves when there was a sudden interruption of a doorbell, followed by a rapid knock on the door.

“What the hell?” I mumbled. “Who would come calling this time of night?”

“Do you have to answer?” she whined a little, and as much as I hated to, I had to resist.

“You never know, it may be important,” I responded. “Bet now you wish we were hidden away in the bedroom with the rose petals, so other people could answer it,” I teased. Fastening up my pants I just draped the shirt over my shoulders while Chalise threw her dress on quickly. I left her still struggling into her dress on the couch as I opened the door.

When the door was just partially opened, it suddenly burst in on me and I stumbled back a bit, only to be followed by a very large, very angry black man.

He was big, heavily muscled and his hair cut short, close cropped to his skull in a kind of mini-fro. He was dressed in nice clothes but they looked a bit ruffled, showing he’d apparently hurried here, not taking the time to worry about his appearance. His nose was wide, his lips thick, and his stare was hard!

“Where the hell is my sister?” he bellowed.

“Brandon?” I heard Chalise call out from the living room behind me.

“What the fuck have you been doing to my sister, you little freak?” he demanded, pushing me backwards and flicking my loose shirt off my shoulders. He kept me off balance and kept advancing on me, which made me try to back up, effectively keeping me continually off balance. Chalise came running up to us, calling out “Leave him alone, Brandon,” only to be backhanded hard by her brother. Her face flew back, her hair thrown about her head, and it looked like her whole body lifted off the floor a couple of inches. I couldn’t tell if it was intentional, or if he merely caught her by accident when he turned towards her, but either way, I immediately stopped backing up as soon as I saw that.

“Look, there’s nothing wrong here,” I insisted. “Your sister and I are on a date.” I was getting ready to warn him about hurting his sister, but he responded quickly, not giving me time to adjust. He seemed pretty amped up.

“Yeah, I know all about your little date,” he sneered. “Darrell told me all about how you’re stringing my little sister along, while you play around with a bunch of other women behind her back.”

I hadn’t met any of Darrell’s brothers before, but now I could see the family resemblance, but I didn’t have any time to ponder it. Brandon seemed to be very upset, and I was afraid what he might try. But more than that, I was incensed that he’d do what he’d just done to his own sister, the same one he was acting so worried about. Yet still, I tried to temper the whole situation and calm him down.

“I’ve done no such thing,” I protested. “I have no secrets from either Chalise or your mother.”

“Look, fuckwad, I don’t care what lies you tell anyone. You leave my little sister the FUCK ALONE!” he stressed, poking me painfully in the chest. We were in the middle of the room now. Cate had suddenly appeared to help Chalise to stand again, and I detected movement of various people behind me. I heard a vague “Should we call the police?” from behind me and I waved them off, while still confronting the brute before me.

“Look, you’ve got no idea what you’re talking about. Now if you’d care to talk about it—” That was as far as I got. I suddenly heard ‘Look out, Alex!‘ and felt an immediate sense of impending doom, which I interpreted as my girls trying to save the time it took to formulate words. This time, I remained focused and everything seemed to slow down again, as I concentrated intently on what was about to befall me. I now recognized the adrenaline rush that was overtaking me, and I appreciated the slight advantage it gave me in this instance.

I watched as he slowly began to draw his shoulder and then his arm back. Although my senses seemed to be heightened as everything appeared to be happening in slow motion, I doubted it was, as my own motions seemed to remain as slow as his were. His arm drew way back behind him, and I watched as his eyes dropped from my face down to my stomach. Knowing instantly that was where he planned to punch me, I prepared myself and gently rocked forward slightly until I was just resting lightly on the balls of my feet.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close