Bad Seed - Cover

Bad Seed

Copyright© 2021 by Pars001

Chapter 20

“The Zetcron are almost completely destroyed. I have a general direction of the Meltry worlds, though not the home world,” Trigon said.

“A good start,” Wren said. “Destroy the last of the fleet, then open a channel.”

Less than two minutes later, Trigon said, “channel open, master Wren.

“To the Zetcron butchers, enjoy the same mercy you gave earth,” Wren said, then had Trigon drop all four of the shatter bombs.

Wren watched with great satisfaction as the planet shuttered, then started to crack, then exploded.

A moment later, a portal opened, then the ship vanished into it. A minute later, it emerged near the blue world of Decacon-one. There was a great number waiting for them when they landed.

Wren soon found out that they had rescued another five-hundred fifty. She was watching for her father the whole time that they were unloading all that were there.

So, it was a shock when Wren’s mother walked off the ship.

“Mom? MOM!” Wren shouted as she ran to embrace her. Both had tears as Wren tried to concentrate on finishing unloading.

“Oh, my little Wren,” Ophelia Angellete Tenagram said as she hugged her daughter tight. “When we were captured, I thought the worst. They were strong still; we took out over half of them. Oh my little Wren, I am so glad you are still alive.”

Through her tears Wren barely whispered, “we are fortunate momma. I saved Helena a week ago.”

Ophelia jerked back from Wren a look of shock on her face. “Helena? She’s alive? Thank God that you were away when you were, how is your father?”

At this Wren’s face fell, “He was hunting the six races that united to destroy the earth. He disappeared looking for the fourth race, I wiped the universe of their presence. As I just did of the fifth race.”

“Have you heard anything of where he might be?” Ophelia asked a hint of hope in her voice.

“I had thought he was where you were, I had heard that they had captured a major human from the empire. I had prepared the ship for a great number of humans expecting them to have father. Imagine how happy I was to discover it was you mom,” Wren said.

“At least most of the family is safe, I assume that you are going after your father?” Her mother asked.

With an almost evil glint in her eyes wren nodded. “As soon as I can though at the moment, we still have the bitch that father married after you were declared dead. By Imperial law she is no longer Empress, a fact I hope to make reality.”

Wren finished unloading impressed that those from before were further than when she left. She also discovered that there were five more councilors, making six half the council.

All six of the councilors bowed to Wren and her mother Ophelia. “Your highness,” the first councilor said. “It is indeed gratifying to know that you and your daughter are alive. We now number eight hundred fifty, many families have been reunited.”

“Almost all credit goes to Princess Wren and the masters of Ceti-5. The Princess has already freed her sister and myself, her father can’t be far behind,” Empress Ophelia said.

All six of the councilors were st first shocked as they turned toward Wren. Wren just smiled as she nodded then turned toward the many unfinished buildings. A few moments later they were finished along with ten others that suddenly sprang up.

“There that should help,” Wren said then turned toward the crops. They also were suddenly fully grown surprising those there. “I need to get mother to a safe place for now. I have a good defense in place though I am going to improve it. I am afraid that the false Empress might try to destroy this place.”

Many there could only stare at what Wren had done though a great many were grateful.

All the councilors and those nearby bowed again to Wren. “We thank you for this bounty, Princess.”

Wren waved a hand, looking around, “you are the last of the true humans that we thought were destroyed. You now number over eight hundred, more when I get the rest.” Here Wren looked all of the councilors in the eyes, “and I will.”

With that all of the councilors nodded as Wren and her mother entered the ship.

“So, we are off to Ceti-5?” Ophelia asked.

“Yes, I think that the both of you there, will ensure that the you and her are safe. This next part I am about to do is far more dangerous than what I have done. The Meltry have far better weapons than any of the previous races,” Wren informed her mother.

Her mother was nodding her head as she was deep in thought. “They must have your father; it is the only explanation for their military prowess. Your father was one of the best at tactics, they must be using that. At least with this many out of the system they have lost a bit of cerebral power.”

Wren thought about it, yes, it made a lot of sense. ‘Take us into orbit Trigon,” Wren said.

“Compliance master Wren, good day Empress Ophelia,” Trigon said.

“As well to you Trigon, it is good to see that you are still taking care of my daughter,” the Empress said.

“A duty that is not always easy your highness,” Trigon said, bringing a smile to Wren and her mother.

“I need status of all systems,” Wren said.

“We are in need of a great many supplies if we are to continue this campaign,” Trigon advised.

Wren nodded as she looked at her mother, “prepare for trans-warp,” Wren said as a portal opened in front of the ship.

Wren’s mother gasped as they moved forward then were in orbit around Ceti-5. “Ceti control permission to land with a special visitor.”

“Little wren this is Ceti control, you may land on pad one. All Masters and mates will be there to greet you and your guest,” the voice of Flugret said.

“Thank you Ceti control, on approach now.” Wren said.

As they started to draw close, Wren’s mother gasped at the coloring that the planet face now had. “What has happened? This was a gray, dead world, my god is that an atmosphere?”

Wren just smiled as she nodded her head surprising her mother.

Trigon guided the ship to the landing pad. They stepped out after a few minutes the pad cooling.

Ophelia gasped when they were met by twenty-five males and twenty-two females. Her mouth still hanging open she turned to Wren then back.

“How? When I was here last there were only eleven of you,” she said still looking at the group. “Females? Your mates?” She asked, as the masters nodded then looked at Wren, who nodded.

All of then as a group knelt before Ophelia, “your highness it is indeed a glorious day that you are returned to us,” the first master said.

Suddenly there was a shriek as Helene came flying from behind the group, “MOM!”

Ophelia was in tears as she grabbed Helene in a tight hug, who was also in tears.

Wren bowed to all those there as she started to open her mouth. The first master held up a hand stopping her.

“We, the masters of Ceti-5, would consider it an honor to house the Empress of the empire. No little Wren you no longer have to ask,” the first master said.

Wren let out the breath that she had been holding, damn but they were full of surprises. “I need to get all the supplies that I left here. I finally have a location of the Meltry worlds, I’m going after them.”

Wren then turned going inside as all there followed her, Ophelia followed Helene as she was on Wren’s heels. Upon entering the Chrysalis room Ophelia’s mouth dopped open.

She stopped Helene asking what this was, “this is where the Ceti-5 people are stored as energy. Wren can bring them out though, she goes too far some time.”

They both watched as did the females and a few of the masters. Wren reached out touching the Chrysalis, Helene watching her closely. a moment later a huge light broke off from it.

It divided in two, then three, then four, finally five. Rena and the females started to shout as did Helene.

Ophelia could see the stress that was starting to show on her face as she moved forward. “Empress don’t it is too dangerous,” Rena said.

“That’s my daughter,” Ophelia said as she started to run when the screams started.

Wren felt a pair of arms grab her then she felt a second set wrap around her. They were trying to pull her lose but she wasn’t moving. Suddenly a sixth light broke loose as they all started to elongate.

Unable to look away Wren knew that both her mother and her sister were unconscious at her feet. Finally, the six shapes started to solidify, Wren’s arm finally dropped as did she.

Wren gathered her mother and sister to her chest as she started to cry. They could have been killed, why risk their Selfs? That’s when the exhaustion hit her as she tried to move all three of them from the room.

She barely made it to the room next to the Chrysalis room then started to falter.

In the Chrysalis room the six solidified shapes became four females and two males. All that were there greeted the new arrivals and helped them to the now well used med room.

It took more than ten of the strongest masters to get Wren off the floor and into a bed. The first master was glad she had, though he was afraid that Wren was going to expire if she kept at it like this.

It was a few hours later that Wren’s eyes flickered open. Upon seeing her mother and her sister in beds beside her she grimaced. The thing that was even worse was the face of Rena who was awaiting her to awaken.

“How are they,” Wren tried to ask though it only came out as a whisper.

Rena was immediately at her side smirking at her. “We are more concerned about you. I thought you weren’t trying to over do it.”

“I wasn’t it, just seemed to get out of hand. I only drew out four they started to split then there were six. I thought I was going to pass out when I felt two boosts.

“Amazingly, the both of them are a lot better than you. If you keep this up you might not survive, I have asked my mate and the other masters to check you again,” Rena said.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close