The Mind's Eye - Cover

The Mind's Eye

Copyright© 2022 by Pars001

Chapter 11

Xeinther was surprised then asked me to bring him to earth, I shrugged then we were there. He then asked me to go to the other three representatives. Again, I shrugged and the both of us appeared next to the water being. Then we appeared next to a shocked praying Mantis being. The last the fish being was as shocked as I was.

I then appeared with Xeinther back in his world, then I left for mine. I discovered that each time I was moving far faster.

I could see that all of them were shocked. I thought that all of you could do this, I thought.

All four of them shook their heads or equivalent still a little shocked about what I had done.

What!? I thought, I have seen you come here ... I started.

Bill, Xeinther thoughts interrupting me. What you did hasn’t been done in a very long time. What you see when I am there is an energy representation of me. What you took to the other worlds was my actual being.

I looked at the other three beings apologizing for invading their worlds. All of them were actually happy that I had done what I had.

Bill, what we all witnessed was history, no one has seen what you did in eons.

Xeinther said suddenly, by the way that last huge Xetron that you hurt? I believe that was the Xetron supreme leader. Also we counted several thousand of the new warriors that you destroyed.

I could only stare at nim with my mouth open.

What!? I thought that was just a dream, it really didn’t feel real, that’s why I had thought it was a dream. Wait, the Xetron supreme leader? That means they will be after us even that much more? I’ve doomed my planet; you say that I am so powerful now though I can’t seem to access it.

Bill came Xeinther’s thoughts. You are still new to this; your partly human thinking is what is limiting you.

I looked at the four beings before me, great I thought so, because I am human, I have doomed my race.

Xeinther shook his head as the others shook whatever their head was. It is also your humanity that has made you more powerful thn any of the four, now five races, has seen.

I was still trying to wrap my head around all this when the other three winked out. Bill, did you try at all when you were on the Xetron world to hurt them?

I thought about it then shook my head. I looked at Xeinther a little shocked, is it that easy? I asked.

Xeinther was quiet a moment then said, it isn’t as easy as you think. In this case you did make it seem as if you didn’t even think about it.

So, you’re telling me that I could stop the entire invasion if I wanted to? I asked.

He looked at me then shook his head; you would do very well. Though like all beings you are not a machine with endless energy. I can see you taking out a great deal, though the energy used would deplete you rapidly.

So I thought, no matter what help is always needed? Great I’d rather not put others at risk, I thought.

That is the wish of all true heroes, you will do fine. Ah! It’s time for you to return know that we will be there as soon as possible. I blinked then I was waking up.

Both my daughters and Alice along with the three from the old unit were there.

“Bill?” I heard Andy say then I felt him try to touch me, summarily being flung across the room. “Damn, that was a hell of a punch,” he said.

“Remember that next time when I first come to,” I was barely able to whisper.

“Dad?” I heard Trina say a tremble to her voice. “Are you alright? You’ve been gone for almost an hour now.”

I was finally able to move though it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. I stood up as I found out a little too quickly. I suddenly had a few pair of hands that caught me as I was headed toward the floor.

I slightly shook my head then felt better. I looked at Trina, Bell and Alice, “you remember the other four beings that were there?” They all started to nod. “After I upped everyone I had thought that I needed to know how strong the new Xetron warriors were. I was suddenly there! The four races said I destroyed thousands of them.”

“So are you saying that we are safe?” Bell asked.

I shook my head, “I only delayed them a bit, they are still coming. I also, according to Xeinther, hurt the supreme leader of the Xetrons. He said that it doesn’t make a difference, but I think it will.”

My daughters and Alice mouths were open in shock. “Dad? Are you that powerful now?” Bell asked looking at me strangely.

“I am supposed to be though, I don’t feel like I am. I was also told that, I can do things that no one else can do. I still don’t feel this though the other four races are shocked at what I did,” I told them.

They helped me to the nearest couch as I sat with a thud. Trina and Bell disappeared then reappeared with two plates of food.

I thanked them then ate like I was starving. “I need to get everyone as strong as I can. We need to work on the strategies also. Everyone had the basics, though we need to get at least a few of the advanced in all of you.”

I sighed this was going to take all I could to get us ready. still I felt that I was going to lose a few of them no matter what I died. I had to get as many through this as I could.

So for the rest of the day I slowly advanced everyone more. I didn’t go that much as I was doing everyone though some was better than none. At least now I felt that all of them could resist the new warriors though not long.

Each day for the next four days I advanced all of us. Myself advanced each time I advanced them, many of the things I had barely seen were a lot stronger now.

the only surprising thing was that my old team was now able to thought travel. So, I thought that was seven of us, yes that might come in handy. Unfortunately, we were the only ones with no one else even close.

The fifth day I started to get a niggling of the massive approaching force. I was reaching out to see how many when I felt a few of them try to attack me. The resulting reaction destroyed about a hundred of the approaching ships.

I blew out a breath at least there were fewer I thought ‘til I felt hundreds of times even more ships. Damn, here I thought that I had helped I had probably angered them more. Yeah, I could see that what I had taken out, wasn’t even a drop in the total amount.

I should have been doing this the whole time. So, I was reaching out taking out a few hundred more. I shook my head this would take forever the way I was going. I sat to concentrate on the approaching fleet.

I could see that they appeared to be unending though I knew different. I was reaching as far as I could when I thought of them exploding. The titanic explosion took at least a thousand ships plus a few hundred that were behind them.

It was at that moment that I understood what Xeinther had been talking about. I wasn’t a machine with unlimited energy, the last had taken quite a bit out of me. even if my levels had risen sharply.

All six of the strongest of them were at my side in a moment. “What the hell did you do Bill?” John asked staring at me. “That was a massive attack I just felt.”

I nodded as I shook my head, it was taking a moment for my energy to rebuild. “I can feel them getting closer. I just destroyed about a thousand of the ships, didn’t even make them pause. They have a hell of a lot more I just thought I could even thing out, nope.”

“A thousand? They have a lot more than that?” Trina asked, as I nodded starting to feel better.

“I think that they have several million of these new warriors. I believe I destroyed half of their production center though they already had millions made. I just took out a few thousand, a drop to millions,” I told them.

“How often can you do that?” Bell asked.

“A few times before I exhausted myself, my mind is limited at the moment. I was able to expand further than I thought I could, though not much. If anything, I might have made things worse,” I told them.

Trina, Bell and Alice’s eyes were suddenly wide as they suddenly turned to stare at me. “My god there are so many!” I heard Alice say.

I was again reaching out feeling my energy back to where it had been. This time I saw that the fleet was far larger than I thought. I tried to start at the front moving back across all that were coming after. I tried to encompass as many as I could then I pushed for them to explode.

I heard my daughters and Alice scream as I felt almost all my energy go out into the push. This time I saw that I had gotten a hell of a lot more though they still kept coming.

I tried to estimate how many though lost count at a little over two thousand. Well, I thought, got a few more at least.

I had been out for a few hours when I jerked awake suddenly. Damn I thought I hadn’t even had any dreams now that was a bummer!

I sighed as I sat up I had hoped that destroying those that, I had would help. I needed to do something to try and even the playing field.

I was suddenly energy floating above the house then I was at the front of the oncoming fleet. I passed through the first ten ships then was shocked when they exploded taking another few ships with them.

An idea started to form though I thought there was no way that it could be that easy. To test it out, I passed through another ten ships which quickly exploded.

I felt a smile come to me as I started to pass through every ship I could, as fast as I could. Within moments there were several hundred explosions, so I started to move even faster. This time I saw that there were several thousand more explosions as the entire front of the fleet vanished.

This timer I noticed that they had slowed, several weapons came to bear on me. Uh oh I thought as I changed my energy, and the beam weapons passed through me.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close