The Mind's Eye - Cover

The Mind's Eye

Copyright© 2022 by Pars001

Chapter 8

I was almost ready to jump out and attack, both females were starting to grow in their distress. I wasn’t sure if they would survive much longer, so, I severed the connections that were on their heads.

All the Xetrons around them were suddenly on high alert as several more suddenly rushed out. I gave a sigh of relief as my entire team appeared.

I looked at Trina and Bell, both concerned, feeling that my energy was at half. They both nodded, then looked at the others. They all nodded, then the true chaos started.

As all the Xetrons started to fall, both females broke their bonds. They looked at us a moment, then started to toss bodies away from themselves.

I tried to use as little energy as I could, as I started to take out all that I could. When we finished, there were at least sixty people walking around confused as soon as they woke up.

We had made ourselves scarse by them. I figured that we had eliminated the rest of the Xetron agents. I guess they thought to eliminate me, though this felt different, badly different.

We all appeared back in my living room. The set of sisters and the brothers collapsed on the couch a moment later.

“How is the first male?” I asked.

“We put him in a room as soon as we got here, his energy was extremely low,” Bell said.

I nodded as I reached out to check on him. From what I could see, he was actually recovering, though there were a few dark spots.

“I have to say that I am proud of all of you. I am hoping that the rest of you can develop your mind movements. It really makes it easier to leave when you have to,” I said.

“So, that makes us up to fifteen, we are finally starting to get a good crew,” Trina said.

I just shook my head, “we have a few yes, though we need more,” I said. “Seriously, we need no less than at least ten more.”

All of them there just stared at me with their mouths open. “More?” Dan asked. “Why do we need so many?”

“Well,” I started. “Last time we had twenty-seven. The four of us are all that is left, a lot of good friends. I feel like we have almost as many this time, so yeah we need more.”

“Plus, you have to remember that they were all trained. We hardly have any trained this time. A few of us still can’t do a few things,” Bell said.

This seemed to quiet most of them down. I sat to try and increase my abilities, I hadn’t in over a week. At first, I was surprised when nothing much happened, then it felt a dam burst.

I got the sensation of bright painful light that seemed to stab into my brain. I have expected to die at one point, the pain increased so badly. The Bellion I had seen so many times was suddenly there.

“So, you are finally able to advance. This is good, we had thought you would have sooner than now. Seeing all that has happened, we are understanding now,” the Bellion said.

“Why does this feel far different than before?” I asked.

“You are entering a higher level of cognizance. You are the first since the fourth race many hundreds of centuries ago. You might find, for a time, that you will ‘hear’ others of the four races,” the Bellion said.

“So, I hope that this won’t be a distraction,” I said.

“No, though you might find a few new abilities, that might take time to get used to. I will be monitoring you to help with any problems,” the Bellion said.

I was suddenly standing in my living room again, then I heard several people there gasp. I looked beside me, seeing that the Bellion had come with me.

I saw that both Bell and Trina were slightly bowing to him. Alice was staring with her mouth open, as were my three old teammates. Dan and his sister were staring at the alien. I could see that they weren’t seeing him too well.

“Everyone, this is the Bellion that took us to his planet. My daughters know him, the rest of you have heard of him. According to him, I just reached a higher level,” I told all there.

The Bellion slightly bowed, though didn’t attempt to speak. I was reasoning that I was the only one who could actually hear him.

“So, I may be gone for a short time?” I asked, looking at the Bellion who nodded. “Watch everything, I’ll be back.

I blinked, and we were suddenly somewhere else, somewhere that definitely wasn’t earth. It seemed that we were there for a long time, possibly weeks. Then the Bellion looked at me.

“You have grown greatly indeed. I want you to appear at your home now? It should be rather simple for you,” the Bellion said.

I thought about it for a moment, then thought of my living room. I was suddenly there, damn I thought.

“Dad?” I heard both my daughters say. “We thought you were going to be gone for a while.”

“I ... how long was I gone?” I asked.

“Just over an hour, you, OK?” Bell asked.

A wry smile came up on face, so, we were in a different place where time was different. I nodded my head, though I got the concept of it my human mind was rebelling somewhat.

I then turned toward everyone there, “Oh yes, I am a lot better than I was. Plus, I am a lot stronger.”

Bell and Trina’s mouths dropped open as they backed away from me a bit.

“My god dad, you feel twice as strong as you were. You feel almost as strong as the Bellion that was here,” Trina said.

I smiled widely then shook my head, “I’m not there yet, though I have a lot of power. I should...” I started, then grabbed my head as I feel to my knees. “Oh damn!”

Both my daughters and my three old team members ran to help me. They were flung against the walls, thankfully not hard.

The pain passed fairly quickly as I panted a few moments, then fell back against the couch. What the hell was that I thought? Then, as if on cue, I had appear, what looked like a tablet in front of me.

I shook my head as a lengthy explanation can up, explaining what had happened. My eyes went wide as I perused everything that had just opened up in me.

I hoped that this didn’t happen again. I immediately saw that the tablet in front of me answered. I nodded as I was relieved that it shouldn’t again.

I know that everyone was staring at me as I was shaking and nodding my head. After what had just happened though, I think that they were holding off approaching me ‘til I was done.

Finally, I looked at my daughters and my old crew. For a moment I was wondering what was going on. Then it hit me, I was the only one who could see all that I was seeing.

I sighed, sometimes I felt I was so stupid. “Sorry guys, I am just seeing new things I haven’t before. It’s actually different, that’s for sure.”

They looked at me strangely for a few moments while I tried to explain. I did as well as I could though. I don’t think that they got all I said.

For the next few hours, I slowly started to raise all of them up a few levels. I had just finished with Alice, she was almost as high as my daughters, when the new five started to awaken.

I was surprised that I didn’t have to explain that much to them. All five of them were actually higher than I thought they would be. All of us were now high enough that all of us could resist the Xetrons.

I made sure as I looked over all the others, I needed them all where they could resist. T was surprised though, that Alice had actually gotten higher than my daughters.

Amazed, I stared at Alice, that’s when another, you might say, ability popped up. I mean I could see Alice and her energy. Then, I noticed another energy that felt familiar, very familiar.

I could swear that I was looking at my dead wife, shaking my head. I knew that was impossible. As impossible as I knew that it was, there she was in front of me.

Again, shaking my head, I turned toward the five new people. As I said, I wasn’t surprised when they were half as strong as the rest of us. I was surprised though, when I started to level them up, they increased as fast as they did. In no time at all, they were also beyond being controlled by the Xetrons. I again extended the house to another fifteen rooms, shit the place was huge now.

Well, I thought we had fifteen, we just needed more to have a chance. Still, I was unsure why I felt this way, I thought we were strong enough now.

I was about to say something about this when I felt, rather than heard, a cry for help. My daughters and Alice looked at me as soon as I heard the voice. “Dad?” I heard both my daughters say right before I blinked out.

I appeared almost immediately a state over, another male almost surrounded by what looked like a gang. I looked at them with my arms crossed. “You know it seems unfair that there are only about twenty of you.”

Several of them turned toward me, then pointed and started laughing. “You picked the wrong place to be to play hero, old man,” the obvious leader said.

The smile dropped from my face, “Uh huh, unless all of you want an extended stay in the hospital? Might I suggest you just walk away?”

The same male shook his head and laughed harder, then he stopped. “Teach this old man about pain.”

About six of them moved toward me. I just calmly made a slicing motion as they all fell screaming. This, of course, seemed to piss off the rest of them as another ten of them moved toward me.

I just shook my head as I raised both hands, making a pushing motion, knocking all of those off their feet. “OK, that’s well over half of you, I can do this all day.”

I could see that the last thirteen besides the leader were starting to back up. “Where the fuck are you going? I said get him!”

“Obviously they aren’t as stupid as you, you may go,” I told the last thirteen gang members. I then turned toward the leader as his mouth was hanging open.

“Oh, you fucker, it is on,” he said as he ran toward me with a pistol in his hand. “Scared asshole? You should be! Now be a good old man and die!”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close