A True History - Book Five - Cover

A True History - Book Five

Copyright© 2022 by StarFleet Carl

Chapter 9

The Husky fans were rather obviously pissed off. They were neither stupid nor drunk enough, though, to ignore the armed Gurkha soldiers protecting both ours and the People’s buses. That put a stop to anything before it started.

After the game, we went to their side of the field to shake hands, because most of them couldn’t make it onto the field. I shook hands with Chris, their backup quarterback, and found Hugh, laying on a gurney, and shook his hand.

He grinned up at me. “I sure bruised the shit out of my tailbone on that one. They had me resting here just in case I had to go back in, but you guys made my additional play a moot point.”

“You cracked your pelvis, sorry. You’re probably down for the next six weeks.”

“Shit! I knew Garth had a hard fucking head, but that’s ridiculous,” he said. Then he frowned. “How the hell do you know that? They haven’t even sent me out for x-rays yet?”

“I’m doing my clinicals. I don’t think this’ll count as a correct diagnosis for my totals, but I haven’t been wrong yet. If we end up playing you guys next year, I should have MD behind my name then, instead of just a bunch of PhDs.”

“You’re a hell of a football player, that’s for sure. Good luck, man, and take care.”

“You, too.” I gave him just a tiny burst of healing, so he’d only be down for three weeks, instead of six.

We were surprised they didn’t pull any pranks, like turning off the hot water in our showers, but things were fine. I was lathered up and cleaning my hair when Margie called me.

‘Hey, lover! Good game! Don’t bother hurrying getting ready. I’ve already taken care of the bill for the People, so they’re good to head home. They’re thrilled to have seen you perform in person.’

‘Thanks, sweets! Just as a heads up for the casino and anything we’re doing in Nevada or anywhere else, I absolutely loath, hate, despise, and otherwise can’t stand AstroTurf.’

I could hear her laughter in my mind. ‘Don’t hold back, tell me how you really feel! We’ll be waiting at the airport for you. Atlantic is parked right next to Pacific.’

‘Sounds good! Love you, I need to go before I turn into a prune.’

I felt her kiss on my cheek, then rinsed off.

Once we were all dried and dressed, we headed to our bus, then to the airport. The band had already gotten there and were lined up near our plane. While most of their gear was already loaded, there were enough pieces left out to play an improvised version of ‘It’s Alright Now’ and then to play my anthem as we walked to the plane. My wives were lined up so they could each give me a kiss before we boarded. They congratulated the rest of the team with handshakes. After that, everyone finished boarding both planes. We took off and flew in formation back to Moffett. We were escorted the whole trip home by half a dozen of my fighters. There were two hundred double cheeseburgers, fries, and drinks for the team to eat on the way home, until we could go out for a proper victory celebration.

Terry Goodman was waiting at Moffett when we landed.

Coach was one of the first ones off the plane. “Oh, for God’s sake, Terry! What now?”

“Oh, I have no problems with the Cardinal, Jack, other than how I had to stay here and watch your arch-rivals lose rather pathetically to Arizona State, instead of going to Seattle. But that’s just the nature of the business. No, I have no problems. Neither does the NCAA. However ... someone who works at the Chronicle faxed me an advance copy of the article that’s going to be on the front of their sports page tomorrow.”

Coach looked at the three pages of paper handed to him.

“You know, I knew he was a fat ass. I just didn’t think he was that much of a dick. Hell, I spent a good ten minutes talking to Don after the game, while the team was getting cleaned up. He wasn’t pissed at us. He was upset they lost, of course, and God knows we beat them, but...”

Goodman held up his hand. “I was in one of the broadcast booths, so I could also watch your game. Your players were smart, and let the Huskies beat themselves. I’ve already talked to Kansas City about this. Hell, they were all watching your game, with the straight feed, so even when the broadcast would cut to commercials, they’d still get what the trucks were sending up to the network. They would like me to test Cal for drugs, simply because ... oh, I didn’t realize you guys were all listening. Cal, I’ve gotten a formal request from NCAA headquarters to test you for drugs, specifically steroids, performance enhancing drugs, and pain medications. This isn’t the first time you’ve shaken off hits that should’ve injured you.”

“Well, I’m not going to whip it out right here, in front of the band and the Dollies and pee in a jar for you. But if you’d like to ride with me, so you know I don’t do anything, we can run over to campus and I’ll pee in a jar for you there.”

He blinked. “Okay. Yeah, that’s ... quite cooperative.”

“Well, yes and no. The good news is, I’ll pee in a jar for you. The bad news is, the only one who gets to do the testing – and you can supervise, if you want – is the Dean of the Stanford School of Medicine, Doctor David Korn. Nothing personal, but if the fat asshole whose only accomplishment is eating everything on an ‘all you can eat salad bar’ is involved, I don’t trust any outside lab.”

He opened his mouth, then closed it, while he thought about it. “You know, that sounds fair and makes perfect sense to me. When can we do it?”

Dora walked up and said, “I’ve already spoken to Doctor Korn. He’s not happy about it – not the tests, mind you, but the whole Ray Ratfuck ... his words, not mine ... thing – so he’ll meet us at Cal’s lab. We’ve got all the chemicals and equipment there needed to test, well, everything. You’ll have to sign an NDA before you go in, though, because we have confidential research going on in there.”

“Curiouser and curiouser. Okay, let’s do this.”

“Sorry, guys! Eat a steak or two for me!” I held the Suburban passenger door for Dora, then got in. Goodman got into the back seat, with one of my guards. We drove over to campus with a four vehicle escort. Doctor Korn was waiting for us outside.

I did the introductions.

David didn’t bandy any words. “This is a complete waste of time, effort, and energy.”

Goodman shrugged. “Look, Doctor Korn, I’m on his side in this,” he said, pointing at me. “I’ve seen him play too many times. This isn’t from me, this is from Kansas City, at headquarters, and is our way of trying to be a step ahead of the Chronicle. Their article comes out, we can release a statement saying we’ve already tested Cal for every known performance enhancing drug, plus pain medications that would allow him to ignore those hits on the field, and that’s the official word from the NCAA. But the tests have to be done, and I have to witness them.”

“Unfortunately, that makes sense,” David said. “Are you good with this, Cal?”

“Other than Mister Goodman needing to sign an NDA because of the research going on in the lab, yeah, I’m fine with it. Hell, we may sprinkle some Miracle Grow on him while we’re in there, just to see what happens.”

“No, we’re not.” He was quiet for several moments as we entered the building. “Mister Goodman, you’re aware that Cal is quite the chemist and biochemist, aren’t you?”

“Who doesn’t know that? Ice-X, Resist Heat, and ‘No Regrets’ so far.”

David nodded, then pulled a folded piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to Goodman. “Read this while we walk. There’s a table outside you can sign it on before we go in.”

“You carry an NDA in your pocket?” I asked.

“No, I carry three of them in my pocket. All the time, actually. Mostly in case I need to bring another member of our faculty who isn’t already cleared for what you’re doing into the loop, for reference or background. Especially with, well, the big project, and testing protocols for it.”

“Yeah, I can see that.”

We arrived at the break area outside, and Goodman signed the NDA. Dora took it from him, then we led him through the air showers.

“I wasn’t expecting to see any of you in here today,” I said to three of my assistants.

“We’re figuring out the piping for the fungus treatment layout on a white board, and seeing if we can create it and the hair treatment at the same time,” John Ross said.

“Cool. This is Terry Goodman. He gets to watch me pee in a jar, then watch David test it for any performance enhancing drugs,” I said.

Jim Spudich snorted. “That’s a waste of time. The only thing you have is an excess amount of testosterone, but that’s because you have seventeen wives that are all happy and sexually satisfied.”

Dora laughed. “That we are, Jim, that we are.”

After coughing for some reason, Goodman said, “I, um, don’t think the NCAA has any comment or concern about the number of wives involved here.”

“I would hope not. Mister Goodman, go ahead and choose any of those beakers from the clean rack, and Molly, if you’d stay on that side of the room, I’ll take care of putting a sample in the jar,” I said.

About two minutes later, I had a beaker a little over three-quarters full. David had put gloves on, and had a rack full of test tubes lined up. I put the beaker on the table, then went to one of our sinks and washed my hands.

“Been a while since I’ve done this, but it’s not like you ever forget,” David said. Then he carefully poured some of the urine into each test tube. “At least I don’t need to use a thermometer to check temperature. It’s rather obvious we have fresh urine. And now that there is some in each tube ... let’s get the test chemicals. Now, we get the test strips that will be placed into the urine, and place some of the appropriate chemicals on each. We let those dry, which won’t take long.”

We stood around for the ten minutes that took.

“Okay, now the test strips are dry, I will use tweezers, pick up the first dry strip and dip it into test tube number one, allow it to remain for ten seconds, then remove. And done. Negative. Test strip two, same procedure, and negative.” He repeated things for the next four test strips.

“Okay, what exactly does that mean?” Goodman asked.

“Simple, really. Um, here, let me show you.” He pulled something from our cabinet. “This is erythropoietin, which is used to treat anemia. What that means is, if an athlete has it in his blood, it’s like he has more red blood cells, making it easier for him to get oxygen from his lungs. I’ll need to create some more test strips and dry them, so that’ll take a few minutes. Let’s see what else they have on the shelf here? Ah, here we go. Morphine, and of course, human steroids. Mister Goodman, please note that these are all being used in some of the experimental treatments being researched in this lab. Even stating we have them here violates your NDA. However, once I get the rest of these test strips dry, you’ll see that Cal tested clean.”

“Does this have anything to do with the fungus treatment I heard mentioned when we walked in?”

I grinned. “That’s why this is a research laboratory, not a simple instructional chemistry lab, where students learn how to replicate things others have taught them. This is Doctor John Ross, and Doctor Jim Spudich. They, and Molly Lawson, are some of my assistants in this lab, helping to develop new chemical processes that can lead to either treatments for people, or to help in other ways, like Resist Heat. Unfortunately, you don’t get any of the miracle grow juice, not just yet, to help with that patch on the back of your scalp. We still have a lot of testing to do.”

Goodman blinked. “You’ve invented a cure for male pattern baldness?”

“Working on it. That’s why you signed the NDA, so that has to remain secret.”

“Good Lord. You’ll have men lined up for miles, saying ‘take my money,’ if it works.”

“Like I said, we have to do more testing,” I grinned.

After the three test strips dried, David used different pipettes to draw samples from each of the chemical jars and put them on clean lab slides. He also used each pipette to place a single drop of each chemical into three of the test tubes containing my urine. He tore the test strips in half, then put plugs on each of the test tubes of urine and shook them up for a few seconds.

“So, here is the raw material, and you can see how the test strip instantly changes color, which is a positive test. I’ve placed a single drop into about ten milliliters of urine, so that dilutes it out to two hundred to one. A slightly higher concentration than you would find in a regular urine sample. However, as you can see...”

He dropped each test strip in, and it was obvious they instantly changed color.

“Thus, we have now tested for steroids, erythropoietin, opiates, barbiturates, stimulants, and the codone family of pain medications. All results were negative, indicating no further testing is required. And I will sign an affidavit testifying to that if you wish.”

“That ... won’t be necessary, Doctor Korn. Thank you for your assistance. I suspect that the term ‘sour grapes’ doesn’t even apply here,” Goodman said.

“No, but if the article that shows up tomorrow matches what you have on that fax, then libel does,” I said. “The fun part is, it’ll be easy to prove malice.”

Goodman looked puzzled. “It will be?”

“Of course. Here’s the quick and dirty law school explanation. When I said to you that the fat asshole’s only accomplishment is eating everything on an ‘all you can eat salad bar,’ then that’s slander. It’s verbal, and is an opinion of a public figure. There would have to be sworn testimony that I said it, and that it’s damaging to his reputation. In addition, he is a public figure, and let’s face it, he’s not a small man on the scales, so at best, it’s simply a verbal insult, and thus, not litigious. However ... well, let’s see what the front page of the Chronicle’s sports section has tomorrow, and you might want to be ready for an afternoon press conference. I don’t think I own any newspapers ... yet.” I said.

I put some gloves on, then emptied my piss down the drain and then burned all the test strips over a burner flame.

“Sorry, these will all need to be washed before you go home tonight, Molly.”

“That’s why you pay me the big bucks, Cal.”

We went back to the Suburban, then drove over to the stadium. The only one there was Coach Elway.

“I didn’t think you’d be back from the restaurant yet,” I said.

“I’m not. I had the team drop their gear off. The assistants are getting it sorted for cleaning now, and the rest of the players and coaches are all out eating. I decided to stay here.”

“You may as well have gone ahead and eaten, Jack,” Goodman said. “I’ll call you in the morning if we need to have a press conference at noon. Cal’s drug tests were all clean.”

“Are you going to call Kansas City tonight?” Coach asked.

Goodman sighed. “Fuck ‘em. If they want to listen to the fat asshole whose only accomplishment is eating everything on an ‘all you can eat salad bar,’ then they can wait until tomorrow.”

Elway opened his desk drawer, pulled out a bottle I didn’t know he had in there, along with four glasses. He then put about a shot of whiskey in each glass. “Cal, Dora, since we’re no longer in California, their underage drinking laws don’t apply. Plus, I’ve seen what happens to both of you when you do get drunk, and how much it took. Mud in your eye!”

The four of us each picked up a glass, then we slammed it back.

I coughed, then said, “I need to get you some Glenlivet. This stuff is rotgut.”

“Yeah, it is. But it’s cheap. Terry, my paper’s are delivered at seven.”

Goodman snorted. “See you tomorrow, Jack. Oh, and Cal? Good game.”

I had our security drive Goodman back to the airport to get his car, while Dora and I walked home.

At dinner that evening, Margie said, “Apropos of nothing in particular, the Chronicle Publishing Company also happens to own KAKE – yes, our KAKE in Kansas – plus WOWT in Omaha, and also KRON here locally.”

“I see. I would presume from that statement that you’ve mentioned to some ambulance chasing shyster what’s going on, then,” I said.

“Maybe a couple. Someone needs to get up early tomorrow morning at, say, six?”

I frowned. “Why?”

“Security is going to get several copies of the Chronicle from a news stand, well before regular delivery, and have it here then. It’s two hours time difference between here and Kansas. There’s going to be a jet waiting at Hutchinson International at eight fifteen their time, on standby. If they take off at eight thirty, that’ll put them here at nine thirty our time. That’ll give the ambulance chasing shysters a couple of hours to work with she who shall not be intimidated on your libel lawsuit before the press conference.”

“Oh, shit!”

Marcia laughed. “Don’t worry. Aunt Beverly and Uncle Leonard aren’t coming up this weekend. So, we don’t have to worry about the end of the world tomorrow.”

“Somebody will,” I said.


Beth and I were both awake and out of bed at quarter till six. We went to the dining area and got a cup of coffee from the ready pot. Claire looked out of the kitchen in surprise.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize anyone was going to be up this early, I’ll have something for the two of you in a few minutes.”

“Thank you, Claire. Right now, just a couple pieces of raisin toast with jam would be good. We’re waiting on a delivery.” The door opened, and Chuck walked in, leading two guards, each carrying half a dozen Sunday papers.

“Go ahead and set them on the table, guys. Thank you.” The guards left, while Chuck pulled another copy of the paper from under his arm.

“Yeah, this is going to be a fun day,” he said.

Claire brought out the toast for us. “The regular breakfast won’t be ready until seven. Donuts should be delivered in about fifteen minutes.”

“That’ll be fine, Claire,” Chuck said. “Thank you.”

While they were talking, Beth and I each took one paper from the stack and went to the sports section. Beth sighed, then got the far away look in her eye. After a little over a minute, she picked up a piece of toast and put some jam on it. “They were dressed and ready, just in case. So, they’re leaving for the airport now.”

I carefully reread everything.

“I wonder if he has any idea what kind of shit storm he and the Chronicle are going to have fall on them?”

Hannah came walking out in her robe, yawning and carrying Michael. “That’d be stirred up. Not quite the right word choice. Coffee for me. This one just ate, but didn’t want to lay back down and let Mommy go back to sleep.” She blinked a couple of times. “Is the article as bad as you thought?”

We both nodded.

“Give me a few minutes, then.” She leaned back in her chair, drinking her coffee and eating one of the donuts that had just been delivered, but with the look on her face of mentally making a phone call.

Beth and I each ate one, then Beth took Michael from Hannah because Michael had filled his diaper. By the time Beth was back with Michael, Hannah was back with us.

“Thank you, my sister-wife. Time zones worked for me this morning. It’s just after two in the afternoon in England. We now have the answer to certain questions, like why would the Chronicle publish this? It’s too damned early in the morning for a history lesson, but that’s exactly what we need. Basically, we have two feuding families in the Bay Area, both of whom were part of the early Bilderberg group.

“Everyone has heard of William Randolph Hearst, if simply because of ‘Citizen Kane.’ Hearst was very active at the turn of the century, especially with the Spanish-American War. Well, he changed his views during the depression, and then fought against FDR and the Soviet Union. He changed his views again before the start of World War Two, trying to work with both Hitler and Hirohito to avoid a war. He failed, obviously, but was helping Jews somewhat behind the scenes. After he died, his corporation actually began working against the Council, but they were never seen as a threat.

“Nobody has heard of the de Young family, but they’re who started the Chronicle as competitors to Hearst, in the middle of the last century. They weren’t big supporters of the Council until the sixties. The granddaughter of the founders is the biggest shareholder. She decided then that being a part of the world government was a good thing, because her brother died on Iwo Jima. She helped start the Peace Corps, and made more than one trip through the middle of Africa. Three guesses where she mostly went, and your first two don’t count. I don’t think she realizes exactly what was in the article, but she knows you’re the enemy of what’s left of the Bilderberg group. Grandfather did say she was friends with George Soros and my mother, and worked with the Rockefeller Population Control Council.”

Chuck shook his head. “Well, this ought to be amusing, then.”

The house phone rang just then, with Mycroft answering it. He told the caller to hold on, then said, “Cal, it’s Coach Elway.”

“Hey, Coach, how much fun is your Sunday morning?”

“I’ve already talked to President Kennedy and Terry Goodman. It should go without saying that the University is one hundred percent behind you in this, so I’m going to say it, anyway.”

“That’s fine. Do me a favor. Go ahead and invite Ray Ratfuck to the press conference. Let him know that you don’t want him there, but I specifically invited him and the majority owner of the Chronicle.”

Elway was quiet for a moment, then said, “Is Sayel back in town?”

“Huh? Oh, no, not yet. Oh, and tell the team to stay away from it. I just want you, President Kennedy, Doctor Korn, and John Ely present, from Stanford.”

“Um, so who’s going to be there, that’s not from Stanford?”

“Aside from whatever press wants to be there? Definitely Jule and Bruce, and if Wayne’s available, he’ll be there, as well. As for anyone else? Well, you know me pretty well, I think. I’m not intending for there to be physical bloodshed, let me phrase it that way.”

I heard Coach sigh, then giggle nervously. “This is going to be fun, I think.”

“Well, Claire is bringing out breakfast now, so I’ll see you this afternoon.”

Jeremy walked in just after we finished eating. “Look what I found at the airport!”

Brent Cain walked in, looking more than a bit tired.

“Weren’t you and James coordinating things in Africa?” I asked.

“He still is. That’s why I look beat. I got stuffed into a flight suit, then crammed into the back seat of a Tomcat. External fuel tanks and no missiles, and in flight refueling the whole way. Ten hours to go eight thousand miles.”

“That seems a little ... excessive,” Dora said.

“Well, the NCAA isn’t the only place that fax went. So, since this isn’t US soil, they wanted one of their ambassadors to the Kingdom present to clarify the position of the US when you do ... whatever it is you’re going to do. We shouldn’t have both been there in the first place, but we’re so used to working together, it didn’t occur to us.”

“You’re forgiven,” I said. “More or less just curiosity on my part – my planes and gear, or US equipment?”

“Yes. All of your planes in the theater of operations are combat tasked, so they flew a US Navy F-14 to your carrier, then it was a mix of both for the refueling tankers. It’s sort of amazing what a direct Presidential order can accomplish.”

Chuck shook his head. “Ah, I remember those days, when LBJ would try to tell a platoon sergeant how to do his job. Asshole.”

“You can grab a nap for a couple hours. The press conference isn’t going to be until this afternoon,” I said. “You know where the guest rooms are, don’t you?”

“Even if you don’t,” he said. “Have you managed to make it into every room in the house yet?”

“Finally, yes, with the clarification that I’ve stayed out of the kids – and by that, I mean Toby’s and his girlfriends’ – bedrooms.”

He went back to a bedroom and was nearly instantly asleep. I made a quick phone call to Washington, just to make sure everything was okay there. Jeane Kirkpatrick told me I was pretty much cleared to do whatever I felt I needed to do. The DGSE had sent over a few files they’d found in France earlier in the week. With that information, they’d had the KGB check some of their files, and that’s why Brent Cain had spent nearly half a day in a Tomcat.

Elroy and Earl showed up a few minutes later, and had just finished up their hugs of greeting when Jasmine walked in. We moved some chairs around in the study area, so they would have access to computers and printers if they needed. Beth and I both asked if they wanted either of us to remain, which was politely declined. Hannah did give them the information she’d gotten from Baron Rothschild earlier this morning, and made sure they had his number in case they needed to call him. Then we simply left them alone.

Beth pulled me aside when we were outside.

“You know, as much as I enjoy the subject matter, I don’t like this part of it. Not in the least.”

“Well, it’s not like you actually need to work as a lawyer when we graduate. Or more precisely, as a corporate lawyer. I don’t like this part of it, either. We’ve got the same instructors, but different times. You know what one of my instructors calls me?”

“A budding defense lawyer,” she stated. “He’s told that to our class, too. You know, that’s actually appealing to me. I don’t know that I could work for someone that’s truly guilty, or defend a company against a claim where their negligence killed or injured someone. At the same time, I don’t want to be an ambulance chaser, either.”

“Of course not. You have a conscience, morals, and ethics. That’s why Cindy isn’t going to be working for her family, either.”

There were a few phone calls to confirm the time and location, and we told our legal beagles that. There were several things printed off, and a couple of faxes made to Federal judges that were expecting them. The orders were signed and sent back.

We were using a regular conference room today, with two long tables set up in the front, and thirty folding chairs set up for any media that wanted to attend. There were three chairs sitting separately, with Terry Goodman sitting in one of them. I was slightly surprised the room wasn’t completely full, although Wayne wasn’t the only television station representative. There was also a camera and crew from the BBC. Coach whispered to me that due to the NFL games and the NASCAR race today, this was considered a sideshow by the major media, and the only reason for all the cameras without actual reporters was their hope to get a sound bite or two.

About five minutes before things started, Ray Ratto walked in. An elegantly dressed woman, looking rather patrician wearing a single strand of pearls around her neck, walked in with him. There were two chairs up front – one rather obviously reinforced chair, the other a nice chair that wouldn’t have looked out of place in Elroy’s living room – where the two of them were directed, to the side of the mass of seats.

At one o’clock, President Kennedy stood up and went to a podium between the tables. He had a piece of paper with him.

“Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Before we begin today, I’m going to introduce everyone present at the front tables. To my right, at the far end, is Doctor David Korn, Dean of the Stanford School of Medicine. Next to him is Coach Jack Elway, coach of the Stanford Cardinal Football team. And next to him is Cal Lewis, quarterback for the Stanford Cardinal Football team. I’m Donald Kennedy, President of the Leland Stanford Junior University. Continuing to my left is Doctor John Ely, Dean of the Stanford School of Law. Then Jasmine Pashtar, International Legal Counsel for CEDEM, CaLe LLC, and the Kingdom of the First People. Next to her is Special Deputy US Marshal and Judge, Elroy T. Bannister, and then on the far end, is Federation of Terran Nations Legal Counsel, Judge Earl O’Connor. Now, I’m going to turn the floor over to Mister Terry Goodman, representative of the NCAA for the Pac-10. Mister Goodman?”

Goodman stood up and walked to the podium, while Kennedy took his seat.

“Thank you, President Kennedy. Late yesterday afternoon, I met the Stanford Cardinal football team as they deplaned from their game in Seattle. I informed Coach Elway and Cal Lewis that I had been requested by members of the board at NCAA Headquarters in Kansas City to supervise drug testing upon Mister Lewis, as allegations had been made that he was using performance enhancing drugs. From that moment, until the tests were complete, Mister Lewis was never out of my sight.”

When he said that, Ratto frowned, but didn’t interrupt.

“The facilities of the Stanford Chemistry Department were utilized, with Doctor David Korn performing the tests. I watched as a urine sample was collected, and while Doctor Korn did the analysis. Tests were performed for steroids, erythropoietin, opiates, barbiturates, stimulants, and the codone family of pain medications. Upon completion of the analysis, I asked Doctor Korn about the tests he had performed, and he demonstrated to me, using the same test procedures on actual samples of drugs that are available in the Stanford Chemistry Department, how the tests worked. As Mister Lewis had provided a more than adequate amount of urine for sampling, Doctor Korn deliberately placed a very small amount of these drugs in excess urine that would otherwise have been discarded, to demonstrate how little was actually needed for a positive reaction. All of Mister Lewis’s collected urine samples tested negative, indicating that he is not using any performance enhancing drugs, and no further testing is required.”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close