Meet the Jetsons - Cover

Meet the Jetsons

Copyright© 2023 by Lapi

Chapter 1

George was always, well ... just plain George; enough said, he is not seen much here until later and even then it would have been better had he not shown up.

Daughter Judy, well now, she was a different story, everyone wanted her around, especially old Mr. Spacely. Jane, Jane who? Would about sum up her part in this story. Roy(Elroy), was another worthless piece of shit. Marge, was, err at least BJ, Spacely’s wife, (before Judy).

We all get old, yep, Spacely knew it. Bringing Judy on board, so to speak, was not just for her body, which was a considerable reason, but for a few other talents. She had grown up ‘in the business’, was quite bright, could be trusted and had the uncanny ability to see ahead to what worked and what didn’t. When she turned 17 she joined, well, one of the things she joined with was ‘Spacely Sprokets’ to the consternation of Marge.

Now, realistically speaking, who better to run the company than Judy? He left all of it to her, lock, stock and articulated arm clusters. The money got split, George even got some and non-voting stock too. Roy, Jane and Marge got non-voting stock and the rest of the money, with most of it going to Marge. If she was upset before, well, you know that saying about hell and the fury of a woman, don’t you?

That Judy now was COB, CEO and President did not sit well with anyone. Judy just smiled a lot, cashed her enormous checks and moved into the Penthouse provided to her.

Perhaps I should explaine a few things. Money had little to do with power. Most people made $500 a week, (No Taxes) plus were provided housing, public transportation via air shuttles to and from work and used replicators for most everything else. It was the Enterprises that held the power, so that meant, ‘J-udy, J-udy, J-udy’, was now a very powerful person.

Judy was 22 now, but had almost 10 years experience because of her father. When she was a youngster most everyone just gave her the short version of Who, What, When and Why something was done. When she got older there were few men or women that wanted her to go away. She was quite the beauty now. The initial visit to Magnum Drive Train sealed her fate. Rand Mac Ginnis saw her, followed her into the conference room where he listened to her questions and gave answers about the use of Spacely Sprokets at Magnum.

Three years later, he asked her back and there began negotiations to merge Magnum with Spacely. Together they became the number one user/supplier for vehicles on the planet. Not an insignificant accomplishment. Rand became CEO, he knew how to grow a company. Judy knew What to grow a company with. Together they made for a powerful team. Like all good things, some rain must fall. Rand died, about that time the merged firms had almost doubled in revenue/profit; not just sales.

Not only had things changed, but people did too. Marge had stepped in to handle a new line of business when Rand passed. She reviewed his projections, changed and added some of her own and came up a might short at year-end. Judy, now more comfortable with delegation saw that the business shortfall could not have been predicted. She praised Marge for taking over and doing a smash-up job. As might be expected Marge was amazed. Her nemesis actually telling her she did a good job. The change in Judy did not stop there.

She called for a meeting of the Board. Named Marge as Rand’s replacement, and promoted Marge as Presdent of a new divsion, one to market the new lines. She was on a roll, so why stop there she figured. Kalisto, Rand’s 22 year old daughter was named to head the merged company. Who was to agrue, she held all the votes. Marge’s son, Peter, also 22, came aboard to help Kallie. There was almost a much confusion within the comany a without it. None expected Judy to survive the in-fighting expected.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close