Here I Go Again: My Second Chance - Cover

Here I Go Again: My Second Chance

Copyright© 2023 by Liza Devereaux

Chapter 4

09:00 August 21, 1983 Meet the Snodgrass family

I left out the back door and walked over to where I saw Mr. Snodgrass opening the back of the moving truck. “Hi, I’m your new neighbor, I guess. Would you like me to help you unload your U-Haul?”

Mr. Snodgrass looked like a retired Marine Officer, buzz cut salt and pepper hair which is known as a high and tight. At about 6’2”, he was tall to my whopping 5’5”. Built like you would expect a Marine to be built, the term I believe in the day was ‘like a brick house. He had broad shoulders, pumped-up arms, and a tapered waist. “I would appreciate help, if you don’t mind. My wife, daughter, and I planned to unload it on our own.

I smiled. “I figure your wife and daughter are going to be busy in a few minutes. My Mom and twin sisters are watching through our kitchen window. It won’t take long before she comes out to see if I’m bothering you, as an excuse to meet your wife.”

“You have sisters that are twins? Are they older or younger than you?”

“Older, identical twins. Both of them are seventeen and beginning their senior year. In two days, I will be fifteen and moving up to ninth grade this year.

He nodded. “That’s the grade my daughter is going to start here. Let me bring her over here to meet you so she knows who she can turn to. She is a month ahead of you in age, and don’t ask and get on my nerves. Dating is off limits until she reaches sixteen. No matter what she might tell you. Do you catch my drift, son?”

“Yes sir. Even though she is gorgeous, don’t romance your daughter.”

He started laughing. “You’ve got balls, I’ll say that for you! Was your intention to help me out with the unloading genuine or was it a tactic to meet my daughter?” I blushed. Besides the knowledge and skills of my grown-up self, the longer I was fifteen, the more like a teenager I felt and acted. “Um, both.”

Mr. Snodgrass laughed again. “Honest too. What’s your name son so I can introduce you? Just keep in mind that you can only be her friend until she turns sixteen.

I blushed again. “My name is Harrison and you don’t have to worry about her dating me. She is way out of my league. I mean look at me I’m the scrawniest, shortest, weakest guy in our school. The only thing keeping me from being in the nerd groups at school is my sisters. Guys try to be my friend to score points with the twins.”

Just then Mom, May, and Mary Jane came out of the house. “Harrison, you aren’t bothering our new neighbors are you?”

“No Mom, I’m going to help Mr. Snodgrass unload the truck.”

“Well, okay then.”

Our new neighbor walked over and introduced himself to my mom. “Hello, I’m Hiram Snodgrass. I hope it’s alright that Harrison helps me with getting my furniture in the house. It will make things easier on my wife, Wilma, and my daughter, Amaryllis.”

He motioned for his wife and daughter to come and meet the neighbors.

“Wilma, Amy, these are our new neighbors, the ... I’m sorry I know Harrison’s first name, but that’s it.”

“We’re the Parkers,” my mom answered. “I’m Rosland, and these are my daughters, May and Mary Jane. You’ve met my husband, Robert. He’s the president of the bank you got your home loan from.”

Wilma looked at my sisters and smiled. “Oh my goodness, twins! How do you ever tell them apart?”

Mom laughed, and my sisters blushed. “Oh, it’s difficult until they open their mouths. Then it’s easy. May is a cheerleader and all her conversations are about her girls or the ball team guys. Mary Jane is the senior class president and head of most of the social committees. So her conversations are about the school or the next dance or party.”

As the grown-ups talked, I went to the truck and got two boxes in my arms and turned around to discover Amaryllisstanding behind me.

From my kitchen window, she was pretty. When you saw her up close, she was stunningly gorgeous. Long dark brown hair with lighter, almost golden highlights. One of those perfectly symmetrical faces, blue eyes the color of a perfect summer sky. Just a hint of smokey eyeshadow and eyeliner highlighted her eyes, drawing attention to them. She possessed a pretty button nose and pink cupid’s bow lips. Not as full as my sisters’ lips, but plump enough to make me want to taste them. I took in the rest of her without making it obvious. Seriously perky breasts, just about a good handful, and nothing more. She had on a white t-shirt covered by an open red and white picnic patterned shirt. And jeans so tight it should be a crime what they did to her lovely, firm ass. They were ripped in all the right spots to show hints of what had to be the two most perfect legs any teenage girl ever possessed.

“Those are mine,” she said, pointing at the two boxes in my arms. “If you’ll give them to me, I’ll take them up to my room. I’m Amaryllisby the way.”

She reached out and took the boxes from my arms and smiled. “Your dad told me who you were and that even though we are almost the same age and in the same grade, I couldn’t date you for another year. I’m sure you heard my name is Harrison. Always use Harrison, never call me Harry. My mom will have a cow if you call me Harry.”

“My friends all call me Rhyll, but my family calls me Amy. Did Daddy pull out the dating rules on you first thing? That’s super embarrassing.”

I smiled and grabbed a couple more boxes and followed her into the house. “Oh, I didn’t mind. I had planned to ask you out. His warning just keeps you from having to say no to me. This way I can avoid being embarrassed and we can be friends with one another ... for now.” I winked at her.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close