Lost Empire - Cover

Lost Empire

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

Chapter 85

“The Planet is calling, Sir. They are saying they are ready to talk,” the computer said.

“Tell them they have angered me. Tell them I am deciding whether or not to kill a few million more before I am calm.” Risen said with a smile creeping across his features.

“They answered saying that it was radical forces on the continent. You still have permission to land,” the computer said.

An almost evil smile appeared on Risen’s face, as he considered what the Xetherans had said. He then went over all that his grandfather had written about them.

“I want you to target the other three buildings around the central capital building. I want full power, total eradication of said three buildings. I want nothing left standing, then perhaps they will start taking me seriously,” Risen said.

“Compliance,” came the monotone voice of the computer.

Immediately, three beams launched from Risen’s ship. The Xetherans raised a shield that the beams quickly overpowered.

There were several angry transmissions from the planet, though Risen ignored them, laughing with glee. The more the buildings seemed to melt, the giddier Risen got.

A few minutes later, they received one single signal. “I am receiving a signal from the Queens aid, your response?” the computer asked.

“I will talk to the Queen, or I will target a few of the military extensions on the planet. They have a very small window for this before I start reducing the military,” Risen said.

There was a momentary pause, then a very authoritative voice spoke, “greetings, the offling of the partner. It is good to once again speak to one with the power, to allow us to avenge our people.”

“The partner has told me of the people. I am sure that their thirst to ascend to the stars again is great. Those that have done this to your people and mine, have once again thrust their heads out. I have plans for your ships, your replicators, power sources and engines. I have enough ploto-matter for you to start. I warn all on the planet what I have done ‘til now? Is not even half my power.”

There was a long pause, then the same voice spoke, “it is understood, you may land on the capital...”

“I think not,” laughed Risen, he wasn’t that stupid. He didn’t trust anyone, especially the three races that his family had sequestered away for future use. Luckily, his great grandfather and grandfather had kept the well-documented notes on them. “You will come to me, know that I am very heavily armed.”

“Understood, we will arrive in a short amount of time,” the voice said as it cut the connection.

Risen chuckled as he started to load the personnel shield generator. A check showed that he had extra power pacs. Looking at the power out-put, he quickly changed the shield to one twice as powerful. He hadn’t survived this long without making sure. He’d almost made that mistake with that putrid excuse of a father of his.

Satisfied, he stepped to the door to await the arrival of the Xetheran, royal guard. They were the only ones that they thought might be able to take him and his ship. As they approached, he shook his head. There were about another hundred dead, plus these were their best.

“Set defense parameters to ten meters, anything entering that area, is to be vaporized, understood?” Risen said.

“Compliance sir, everything vaporized,” the computer answered.

Risen could see the powerful looking aliens as they moved closer. Hmmmm Risen thought, as they stopped outside the defense area. “Increase the field to twice destructive power,” Risen ordered.

“Compliance,” the computer answered, as there was a momentary power surge.

Risen nodded as he finally opened the hatch, stepping out. His eyes opened wider as he saw that there were well over two hundred, over seven-foot tall, grey-skinned humanoids. Hell, they could almost pass for a tall, grey human. Well, except for no nose in the sense of a human one, plus their eyes were three times larger than what humans were.

He quickly moved to the edge of the field, then outside of it. Here it comes he thought, as all his automated weapons activated. At first, it was only about ten that fired. They quickly disintegrated to a fine ash.

Again, Risen, shook his head at just how stupid and military minded these idiots were. He watched as the first layer, about a hundred, vanished within a minute.

The air had a thick cloud of dust that floated to within five feet of Risen, then dropped to the ground. Damn Risen thought, glad that I added that automated system while we were in transit.

A moment later, the rest that were left, opened fire figuring they were safe at a further distance away. They were very wrong as the automation started to pick off the last of those left.

A look at his wrist com. showed that there were no more coming. A tap on it, he opened a channel. Taking a breath, Risen spit out. “I guess the loss of the four buildings around the central hive wasn’t enough. Plus, the total loss of the royal guard was nothing to you. I think it is time to destroy the partner. You have seen my power well, half of it. I will level this mud ball, plus all on it.”

A long hiss, from the Queen, issued from the com. “That will not be necessary, you have destroyed many that spoke against you. Come to the hive, no more will try to stop you.”

“It is hoped that the death of the many that were trying to stop me is done. Everyone needs to know that anymore? Will result in many more being destroyed,” Risen said, anger in his voice.

“All will be conveyed, there should be no more,” the Queen said.

Risen turned the anti-grav on, something else he’d added, lifting him a foot above the ground. Moving far faster, Risen saw the city rapidly approaching. Slightly surprised, he saw almost no one on the streets as he approached the central hive building.

He entered the hive building, heading directly toward the core of the hive. Within minutes, he was at the entrance of the Queen’s residence.

“So, unlike the previous partner, you have actually appeared before us. I have to say, for one so powerful, you are indeed small. Maybe we should test...” the Queen started.

Immediately, twenty of the males around the room, including many that were hidden, dropped to the floor dead.

“Perhaps I should destroy the other forty that are still alive?” Risen said as another twenty were falling to the floor, with a hole through their chests.

“How...” the Queen started.

“I grow weary of the games that the people are playing. You have lost a good number just on this continent. Perhaps the loss of a whole continent will suffice,” Risen said as he turned to leave.

“This was not the doing of the people, many of those that thought to usurp my power, you have eliminated. Therefore, I am in your debt, as are the people,” the Queen said.

Risen slowly turned with a smirk on his face. “So, you say it was not your doing, prove it kill the rest here,” Risen raised his hand to quiet the Queen. “Do it or I will walk, not leaving the technology or anything else.”

The Queen looked at the last of the males that were left, one in particular. This was not lost on Risen, as hundreds of energy weapons shot out at those left.

Within moments, there were nineteen smoking, smoldering husks of bodies on the floor.

An evil smile curled across Risen’s lips as he heard a gasp from the Queen. “I expect that this isn’t one of the traitors, if so? I will make this mud ball a smoking ember.”

The Queen could only stare at the last of her mates, “it is understood.”

Damn, that felt so good! Risen thought, “I will return to my ship, unload all that you will need, including the ploto-matter. It is only enough to get started, though, as I remember you only need a few hands full.”

“It will be good to, again, take to the stars, our birthright,” the Queen said.

“So, if I am attacked again on the way back? You will not want revenge if I destroy all of them?” Risen said.

“No, in fact, you will be doing us a favor, ridding us of more traitors,” the Queen said.

Risen turned his back with a disbelieving smirk. He estimated killing at least a few hundred more. A check of his personal shield was down twenty percent. Barring an all-out attack, he should make it most of the way back.

A step out the doorway proved him right. Rising with the anti-grav, he was set upon by at least thirty. They were almost all dead as he was starting to gain speed.

Barely outside of the city, he saw a major gathering. Quickly he stopped adding another powerpack, nearly getting his head shot off. A moment later, he rose again with very heavy weapons starting to fire at him.

A warning let him know that the heavy weapons were draining far more power than he thought they would. Landing he watched as the automated system started to take out the front half of those firing at him.

Another warning, had him removing the almost spent pack, adding another. A growl issued from his throat as he added two, then watched with glee as hundreds more that had shown up were also destroyed.

Shit, he thought, better get back, down to my last two. Finally arriving at the probe ship, Risen ordered all the items that he knew that the Xetherans would need.

Relaxed in his seat, Risen called the Queen, “all is here and ready, good hunting.”

“Wait, aren’t you...” the Queen started.

“No, you have what you need,” Risen said as the ship started to ascend. He then shook his head as he saw that the planet had active tracking on him. A twisted smile came to his face. “Track all weapons, destroy everything.”

“Active targeting. I have identified no less than a hundred missile sites. Deploying all energy and physical weapons. Fifty launch sites were destroyed, all missiles that were launched have been destroyed. On target to destroy the rest,” the computer said.

“Good, accelerate to orbit,” Risen said with glee, watching all the sites explode.

“Now acceler ... warning, warning, one weapon has alluded counter-measures. Impact one minute, brace for collision,” came the computer voice.

“Increase shields, guidance blocking,” Risen shouted.

“Shields at maximum, warning, warning,” the computer said.

“Ah shit!” Risen said as the missile hit the shield, knocking the ship off its projected course.


“I told you I would answer you after all this was done. I don’t think that I can wait that long.” This had Bee staring up at Hartwell, her eyes wide in wonder. Hartwell looked deep into her eyes, “I am finding that the thought of being without you is starting to terrify me.”

Bee’s face held shock, her mouth having dropped open, unable to speak. “You ... you wish to bond with me?”

“Yes Bee, bond with me, be my partner,” Hartwell said.

A still shocked Bee could only stare, then started to nod her head, yes, vigorously.

Nearby Lucie had tears falling from her eyes. Finally, her brother had found someone.

“Mary? Johnathon?” Hartwell asked, “how effective is this cure that you have come up with?”

Mary’s holo-gram appeared next to Bee as a pale green light emitted from the nearby console. The light started to sweep up and down Bee’s body a few times.

“All scans are no longer showing any adverse effects from the injection. That which she has as blood is ninety-nine percent clear of all the influencing chemicals. I am also reading that all compulsions that she may have had are gone,” Mary’s visage said.

“I believe what she said is true, I no longer feel the need for that which we had to have almost every day. Lord sir?” Bee asked, “I am truly free?”

Hartwell was about to answer her when he saw his sister crying. “Lucie? Are you OK?” He said as he rushed to his sister.

Lucie, almost overcome with emotion, threw her arms around her brother. “Ok? My god! I am better than OK. I never thought I’d see you like this again. I thought I had lost you.” Here she walked with Hartwell over to the bio-bed that Bee was on. Hugging a startled Bee, she whispered, “Thank you, thank you for helping my brother be who he was.”

Still startled, Bee held Lucie back from her. “No, I wish to thank you, my Lord Sir’s sister. I thought that he would never bond with me. Even though all of that which the chemical did to me is gone, we are made up in such a way that we HAVE to bond within a certain amount of time. When a female loses her bonded, we only have a small amount of time to re-bond.”

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close