Lost Empire - Cover

Lost Empire

Copyright© 2015 - 2019 by Pars001.All rights reserved.

Chapter 87

0001 - Tempro
0003 - Conner- Thomas
0097 - Ace - Zimmel
0098 - Lucy
0101 - Shelby (mother ship)
0125 - Lars
0130 - Gillese
0200 - Ellen
0250 - Tendra
0301 - Rodrick
0403 - Johnathon
0505 - Craig
0660 - Realla
0778 - Jan
0798 - Celeste - Shelby (human)
0805 - Toran
0808 - Radella
0881 - Handrax
0908 - Tara - Mara
1000 - Sherry


Ungrown - unnumbered


0100 - Derry (father ship)
Rescued from Tendraxians
so far


2 on Shelby both in re-gen
8 on Lucy


Known and OR numbered


0501 - Thaddeus
???? - Lena


missing - 0667 - Marco
0999 - Zan - still lost


Risen cursed as the ship started going further and further off course. “Try to stabilize the damn ship,” he yelled above the engine strain.

“Unable to comply, one of the stabilizing fins has been damaged. At the moment, control is ninety-nine percent impossible. Preset acceleration out of orbit must cycle through before control is re-established,” the computer said.

Risen was pissed, those damn Xetherans, he had half a mind to destroy the rest of them. Hell, one continent wasn’t going to be enough, no, more had to die for this offence.

A look at the readings showed that he wasn’t even near the damn planet. A growl escaped his lips as he fought to gain control. The only problem was that everything he did had no effect.

“We are now bouncing off the atmosphere. At present speed we won’t regain control for fifty-nine minutes,” the computer said.

“Damn it!” Risen growled as he watched the planet grow smaller and smaller as the ship started to gain speed.

It was at that moment that he realized that the ship was spinning. “We’re out of orbit, stabilize the damn ship!” Risen was almost screaming.

“Now bringing correcting thrusters online. Spin has been corrected, speed has now decreased,” the ship A.I. said.

Risen was staring at the displays, where in the hell was the planet? “Alright damnit! Where is the Xetheran Planet?”

“The planet in question is several days’ travel from our present location,” the A.I. replied.

“What! You piece of shit, you better start explaining before I gut your circuits,” Risen was growling.

“We were flung out of orbit at a high accelerated rate. Distance is still increasing, though with more control, that is slowing,” the A.I. said.

“Good, effect what repairs you can. Make for the planet with all haste. Will we have full systems when we arrive?” Risen asked.

“At present, we should have all weapons, all drives except trans-warp. Trans-warp should be eighty-five percent upon arrival. Shields are the only system that will take longer. They are at fifty-five percent, upon arrival they should be at seventy percent,” the A.I. said.

An evil smile came to Risen’s lips, “open a channel to the Xetheran planet.”

“It is open sir,” the A.I. said.

“Well Queen, you and your people have angered the offling of the partner. Death is approaching your planet, death that will be brought to the entire planet. Those that thought to destroy, have sealed the death of your planet. I will return in a few days to turn your pathetic race into the corpses that they are,” Risen said with glee in his voice.

“Can nothing spare our world?” Came the Queen’s voice.

“I am not sure, the death of ALL that are opposing the Queen. I will know, my scanners make yours appear to be toys. Though, I doubt that the fool rebels will allow this. I am just going to turn your primitive mud ball into a smoking pile of flames. You have a few days to prepare,” Risen said, issuing a truly evil laugh as he disconnected.

Another voice came over the com. “Ha! We showed that we are superior. You won’t even get close to us!”

Risen started to laugh almost uncontrollably, “What fools. I can destroy your whole planet without ever entering your atmosphere. It will truly be a great day when your worthless race is wiped from existence.”

There were several gasps from the comm, “none have that much power!”

Another laughing session, had Risen almost on the floor, “again fools. My power comes from the old emperors, it is more than sufficient. Prepare yourselves, you stupid fools. You have destroyed your world. I will make sure of that!”

Risen cut off the connection as an evil smile covered his face. Ah! The shrieks and screams of that world when he starts to severely thin their traitorous ranks.


Three shapes that closely resembled shadows, drifted through the Delcron capitol streets. They were working their way toward an almost drab, unnoticeable building.

They were several blocks away when the attack happened. The shadow in front met the ten in the front of the attacking group. Less than a minute later, there were at least forty Delcons gasping for breath or bleeding from wounds.

Greeson nodded to the other shadows, then vanished into the shadows also. The closer they got, the more Delcrons that Greeson was meeting. The last group of over two hundred, had him a little winded. He could swear he’d taken out at least a thousand in just two blocks.

Greeson took a deep breath, “it appears they are far more devoted than we thought.”

“Yes, it would appear so. Though, I have heard stories that the traitor’s family could beguile a great many. I am also afraid that they have a great many more. You have done well. I will take the next,” Kimon started.

“My intended, perhaps I should take the next? They appear to be sending more numbers, I do need the exercise,” Onai said.

Kimon considered it a moment then nodded, watching as Greeson backed up. Coming up on the final block, an almost continuous stream of Delcrons came at them. Two minutes later, it seemed as if almost five hundred bodies were piled before Onai.

Onai turned back toward Kimon, nodding. “You were correct my mate, they hardly posses any skill at all.” She turned toward Greeson, “I can also see how tedious it is to brush them aside. Mate? Do you think they will risk the entire clan?”

Kimon thought a moment then nodded, “as I remember, it was their way. They believe to exhaust an opponent, then the masters attack. A most dishonorable way to proceed, also deadly facing such as us.”

“I fear then that this will indeed be the true end of their clan,” Onai said as another group attacked them. This time it was a full three minutes before Onai stopped. Several hundred Delcrons were gasping, bleeding and lying at odd angles, then most of them stopped breathing.

A sad-faced Onai could only shake her head at the senseless slaughter that she and Greeson had dealt. “Shall I take over Masters? I have regained most of my energy,” Greeson said.

Kimon nodded as Onai stepped back, Greeson getting into position and taking a stance.

They turned a corner, then watched as what looked like a moving tide of Delcrons moved toward them. A broad smile came onto Greeson’s features as he started to sway, then spin. This didn’t seem to sway the approaching multitude.

For well over ten minutes, Greeson had bodies flying away from him into those still approaching. The whole time, Kimon and Onai had been meditating. It was just at the eleven-minute mark that a few got through. They didn’t live long enough to enjoy the small victory.

Though his master was slightly impressed, Greeson could feel his energy starting to drop.

A voice whispered in his ear. “Much better, my student. We will have to work on you overuse of energy,” Kimon’s voice said.

Greeson stopped as two blurs went past him. Immediately, bodies started flying away as if they had been scooped up and tossed away to the front. Greeson moved to his master and his mate, standing at the plain building’s door.

“I am sure that you can handle the first of the masters. As I said, we will work on your energy wastefulness when this is finished,” Kimon said to Greeson. Onai smiled, then nodded.


“So, this chameleon race? They were very much like Bee’s race? Hartwell asked.

“In a lot of ways, yes, though over the centuries, I am afraid that a lot of their make up has been changed,” Johnathon said.

“Yes, but Mary said that much of her chemical make up is closer now, to what it was back then. Is that because of the cure you made?” Hartwell asked.

“Only in part, sir; part was also from what is in your blood make up. You truly did save her life, whether or not you realize it,” Johnathon said.

Hartwell was nodding as he looked at an alarm that was flashing on a nearby console. It was then that he looked at his sister. She was frozen in a daze, staring straight ahead.

“Ah shit!” Hartwell said as he moved to his sister. As he approached her, he could hear her talking.

“Yes, we are out here, we intend to get more of you. Yes, we will try to get all of you,” Lucie was saying.

“Johnathon, are we able to trans-warp now? Is it safe with Bee now?” Hartwell asked.

“According to all data, she is indeed safe now,” Johnathon said.

Still looking at his sister, Hartwell nodded, “as soon as she is aware, we need to go.”

“Go sir?” Johnathon said.

“As you can see? My sister is once again in communication with one or more of you EIG’s,” Hartwell said.

“Yes prime, I have started the improved scan the emperor set up for us. At present, I am not detecting any of the life boxes. Neither am I detecting the new locator that the emperor installed,” Johnathon said.

“Yes, I realize that though, as we have seen many times, my sister is far more sensitive than the locators,” Hartwell said.

“Yes prime,” Johnathon replied.

“So, Hartwell started, then heard a groan from the bio-bed. “Are you alright Bee?

“I am feeling strange, Lord sir. This is the very first time I feel no compulsion. There is no nagging need or pain. Do the others know of this cure?” Bee asked.

“No, not as of,...” Hartwell said as the holo-gram of Derrick appeared.

“I am here for a progress report. Have you truly thought this through with the bonding?” Derrick asked.

“Yes, sire,” Hartwell responded, seeing Derrick still partly grimace. So, he was getting used to it, it appears. “I was about to check one last time. Johnathon and Mary have gone through the biological aspect of it several times. They are both standing by to remove me if necessary.”

Derrick looked at Mary, “You are certain? Can you accomplish this? From all the data I have seen, I thought that once bonded, it was impossible to separate,” a worried Derrick said.

“Yes sire, at first the data did indicate this. It was found though, that most males contain a chemical that can allow this. The thing is, sire, it can only be done once, then it is indeed deadly, to both,” Mary said.

Bee was still staring, she still couldn’t believe that, the lord sir was going to bond with her.

Lowering her head, she spoke softly to Hartwell, “I do not wish you to harm yourself, Lord sir, because of me. If the risk is too great, I will understand if you refuse.”

At first Hartwell could only stare incredulously at her, the bravery and sacrifice he was seeing. He felt his chest swell with pride and something else, damn he thought, he really did love her.

“My dear Bee,” Hartwell said, “the risk is nothing. To be without you? Leaves a hole in my life that nothing can fill.”

Bee’s gaze jerked up as she stared into Hartwell’s eyes, then they both nodded.

Derrick’s eyes were wide with wonder. Perhaps he thought his friend had finally found happiness.

“Alright, let’s get this over with,” Hartwell said as he laid back.

“Now commencing transfer,” Johnathon said. “Fifteen, twenty-five, thirty-five, now at half. Mother, I am starting to see a few anomalies, sixty-five, transfer slowing. Now at seventy,” suddenly alarms were going off. “Warning, Warning, transfer has stopped at seventy-three percent.”

“Adjust antibodies, a hundred ccs more,” Mary said.

“What the hell is...,” Hartwell said, then his eyes started to roll back into his head. “Don’t stop Mary, don’t you dare stop! Together or not at all.” Hartwell was immediately unconscious, as was Bee a moment later.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close