Kali - Cover

Kali

Copyright© 2020 by Pars001

Chapter 10

Indra - king of the Devas, God of all weather

The Trimurti - the three main deities of Hinduism

Vishnu - the god of preservation
Shiva - the god of destruction
Brahma - the god of creation


Lakshmi - consort of Vishnu - the goddess of wealth and purity.
Parvati - consort of Shiva - the archetypal mother goddess and fertility image
Saraswati - consort of Brahma - the goddess of education, creativity, and music
Indrani - wife of Indra, queen of the Devas


Rama - discusses duties, rights and social responsibilities of an individual also an avatar of Vishnu
Sita - consort of Rama - avatar of Lakshmi

Kali - goddess associated with time, change, creation, power, destruction and death, consort of Shiva


Ganesha - a god of wisdom, and the remover of all obstacles.
Buddi - consort of Ganesha intelligence, wisdom, or intellect.
Kertikeya - major god of war
Devasena - goddess of aspiration, consort of Kertikeya
Yama - God of death
Dhumorna - consort of Yama
Chandra - God of the moon, plants and vegetation
Rohini - main consort of Chandra, the red goddess


Both Yama and his consort stopped, then looked at me surprised. “I must go,” I said as I blinked out.

This time I was following another somewhat strong power. This time I appeared a great distance above the earth, in front of a bank of very thick clouds.

I reached out to touch them, only a little surprised when they felt solid as hell. I tried to pry them open, no dice. I tried an energy blast the same effect. I swiped at the edge, seeing a piece break off, dissolve, then it reformed.

Shit I thought, another one of those puzzles, maybe I thought. I backed up, then flew at it, cutting it in half, then stopped and did it again. I tried to keep it from reforming, then there was a loud boom as I felt another two.

Ah! I thought about the two trying to attack me, hello Chandra, which gave him pause. You must be Rohini, I thought to them.

They were both staring at me, that’s when I felt my power start to decline again. Shit not again, I thought, as I blinked out, I felt the both of them following me. I also felt Kali as she appeared beside me as I was heading for the tent.

I barely made it, collapsing in Kali’s arms as she tried to drag me into my bed. “Thanks.” I told her, then let the darkness take me.

I wasn’t sure how long I was out this time, but it was dark out this time. I groaned as I opened my eyes, of course, I was alone again. Here I thought that Kali was watching over me.

I tried to roll over in bed, barely able to move. I was suddenly looking at the floor as I rushed to meet it with my face. Again, I groaned, this whole year was turning out to be shit.

A moment later, I felt a pair of arms lift me off the ground. I then heard two feminine voices giggle.

“I thought he was a powerful god,” I heard one female voice say.

“No, he’s actually a powerful demi=god. He is still new to it so he’s having to ‘feel’ his way,” another female said.

This time the first voice giggled harder, “ah! Sister, you have had him! I can see that you have, from what I can see, he was very good.”

“Eh, he was adequate,” the second voice said. A moment later, both voices started to giggle harder.

“Yes, I think that I need to have a go also,” the first voice said as they both giggled more.

I groaned as they finally turned me over. I then came face to face with Kali and the last Goddess I had released, Rohini.

“It’s not good to talk about someone when they are in the room. Especially when they can hear you,” I groaned again.

“Again, you tried to do more than you could. Your body is still new to this it takes time,” Kali said.

“Kali,” I said, trying to sit up and falling back to the bed. “You needed as many out as possible, especially with ninety-eight more Danavas out there.”

Kali sighed as she slightly nodded her head, “that is very true but, it does no good if you are dead, true?” Kali asked.

I slowly nodded my head, “true though it had to be done.”

Kali and Rohini both rolled their eyes as they shook their heads. “So like a selfless human,” Rohini said.

“Huh<” I said. “As I see it, without me, there wouldn’t be any of you out. So, as I see it? I should catch less grief.”

“Uh huh,” Kali said. “You keep thinking like that, and you’re not going to get that far.”

For now, all I could do is stare at both of them. This, of course, started another round of them giggling at me.

“Well,” I smirked at both of them. “I am so glad that I am a means of entertaining both of you.” I then crossed my arms and turned away.

“We should not be having fun at your expense. Unfortunately, you make it so easy too,” Kali said.

“That’s why I was hoping that you could help teach me,” I told her.

A truly shocked look came over her face, “me? Teach you? I don’t think that would go all that well,” she said.

“I’m afraid that you may be the only one that can teach me. Plus, you seem to be the only one with the time,” I told her.

Kali puts her arms on her hips,” so I am just convenient for you? I am not just a convenience for you. If your thoughts of me are like this, then perhaps I should go elsewhere,” an upset Kali said.

Rohini was attempting to hold back her laugh, though, as I could see she was about to lose that battle.

“Well,” I said, “you were having fun at my expense, why not have you teach me? I know my father doesn’t have the time.”

Kali stood there for a few minutes, seeming to think it over. Rohini was staring at her like she had lost her mind. “You’re not seriously considering denying him, are you?”

“What? If you are that anxious, then perhaps you should teach him,” Kali said, still sounding serious.

I was about to say more when I heard and felt several powerful beings appear outside my tent.

I just shook my head, what in the hell did they require of me now?

As I figured, it was the three of the Trimurti. No telling what the hell they wanted me to do now.

Brahma and Vishnu stepped forward though Shiva still remained back some. I just sighed. I was doing my best to get over being pissed at Shiva.

Brahma started, “Robert Thompson, we have been unable to get to Svar-loka. It seems that the one that ruled there is missing.” I just shook my head, why in the hell had I the feeling that they were going to want another of their kind?

I just sighed as I asked, “and who is this?”

All three of the Trimurti smiled when they saw the look on my face. “He is the ruler of Svar-loka. His name is Indra. A very powerful Devi, without him, we cannot access our home,” Vishnu said.

I just shook my head, “I know that it is your home though, there seems to be another reason,” I said as I looked at the three before me.

“You might say that” Brahma said. “For now, with all of us here, the Davanas have somewhat of an advantage over us.”

I was shocked for a moment, then the more I thought about it, it seemed true. I thought about it more, if this Devi, as they called themselves was that powerful, I might have trouble.

I held up both my arms as I started to search for Indra. After half an hour, I knew he wasn’t on earth. I then turned to the skies, doing another half-hour search. Not finding anything, I turned a confused look upon the Trimurti.

“OK,” I started, not only confused but somewhat upset that they were wasting my time. “I have searched the earth and the sky there is nothing. I really don’t appreciate you wasting my time.”

All the three of the Trimurti also looked confused. “He was here this morning,” Shiva said. “I felt him not far from here.”

I just shook my head as I motioned Shiva closer. Laying a hand on his head, I searched for what he’d felt this morning. I was at it for a few minutes when I actually found what I was looking for.

Holy shit! How in the hell had I missed a power this great? I just shook my head as I reached out again, looking for the power that Shiva had felt.

It took a lot of concentration, but eventually I found it. I then turned to look concerned at the Trimurti.

“Is there something wrong?” Brahma asked, a look of concern on his face.

“Well,” I started. “I finally found him though, where he is seems to be hidden. I can feel the power of more than ten Dravanas.”

Brahma looked at me strangely, “Dravanas? What are you talking about?”

“The evil ones that fight against you,” I said, thinking I had it right.

“The evil ones? You mean the Asuras! You say that they are hiding him? It appears that you will need help releasing him,” Vishnu said.

“I do believe that would help. I’m not sure if I can defend against them and release him,” I said.

I appeared on what seemed to be a beach. I could also see what appeared to be ten or so pissed of spirits?

A moment later, the entire Trimurti, Rama, Ganesha, Kertikeya, Yama, and Chandra appeared.

I could see that they weren’t happy, none more than Kertikeya and Yama.

“I suggest that you get started,” Brahma said. “We should be able to keep these off you.”

I heard one of the Asuras scream, “there it is! Destroy it before it releases him!”

The next thirty or more minutes were intense as a battle went on around me.

Unfortunately, it was slower than I thought it would be. I had to make glass out of the sand to keep the water from flooding into the hole I had made. It also seemed yo hit bedrock at only a foot. Shit I thought, figures!

It also seemed that the Asuras were fighting as hell of a lot harder than I thought they would. They were also starting to get a little closer each time.

The source of this story is SciFi-Stories

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close